Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: D Brooks makes the Probowl « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

T

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 06, 2007, 06:12:53 PM

John Lynch doesn't deserve it either but he's there. I voted for Brooks everyday for a month to keep his streak alive.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 06, 2007, 06:20:48 PM

Yeah and so is Vince Young...the Pro Bowl is a joke anyway.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 06, 2007, 06:35:55 PM

Who cares. The bottom line is he is there. That makes 3 Bucs who are there and can lobby potential free agents why they need to come to Tampa. That's the best reason why it's great to have Brooks there.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#18 : February 06, 2007, 07:00:24 PM

Congrats to the best Mo FO athlete on the team. I stil love to see him come out of the tunnel before the game.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 06, 2007, 07:17:35 PM

Brooks may not have played well enough to go to Honolulu on performance alone, but he still maintains his popularity, which is what the Pro Bowl is all about.

You go, Derrick!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#20 : February 06, 2007, 09:18:16 PM

I knew most would be happy, call me mr grumpy, he didn't deserve to go. dude was a shell of himself.
Mr. Grumpy??  How about Hater?  How about Tony freaking Romo?

#21 : February 06, 2007, 09:25:25 PM

Brooks wouldnt turn it down (obviously), if youve heard him speak he was actually upset about not making the pro bowl. He fully believed he deserved to go

I wouldngt go as far as to call this unfortunate. As a Bucs fan, I would not call the greatest Bccaneer of all timme making the pro bowl off name alone, unfortunate

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 07, 2007, 07:45:28 AM

I knew most would be happy, call me mr grumpy, he didn't deserve to go. dude was a shell of himself.
Mr. Grumpy?? How about Hater? How about Tony freaking Romo?

Just my OPINION Karen, nothing more. Romo had some great games this season and deserved to go to the probowl, Brooks didn't, it was easy to see that. Don't get your panties in a bunch

#23 : February 07, 2007, 08:24:44 AM

why the thumbs down? Because he had no business making the probowl. He should decline it.

Ummm...The Pro Bowl is like that.  Did Vince Young deserve it?  He did some good things, for a rookie, but no, he didn't.  Phillip Rivers was voted in over Tom Brady.  Justified?  No.

But the Pro Bowl is basically fans asking to see a performer once more before the season ends.  So, DB deserves this 100% because he was in the slot behind Briggs in voting.  Period.  Because if you want to talk about "deserving" the Pro Bowl is going to miss every time.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#24 : February 07, 2007, 10:08:27 AM

Yea - its likely that a player not playing in the post-season will decline a pro-bowl bid out of "moral consciousness." Its a damn popularity contest.

There's evidence of that all over the place. Do you know that LT, in 2003 when he lead the league in all-purpose yards (and was actually close to Faulks 2402 league record (LT had like 2357) than Jamal Lewis was to **CENSORED**erson's single-season rushing mark) didn't make the  pro-bowl? despite the fact that he set the record for most catches by an RB in a season and I believe he became the only RB in NFL history to lead the league in catches.

or how about this year? Jammal Brown made the pro-bowl - despite the fact that practically every other Saints linemen actually performed much better?

There's no justice in pro-bowl selection for several reasons. One - half the vote is people. When you choose RB's - you see rushing yards and rushing TD's only. When you see OL - there are no stats, PERIOD. 80% of pro-bowl voters have no idea what makes players good. Personally - if i was voting I would care MOST about offensive line stats. If I were voting receivers, my #1 category would be # of First Downs. There are others like that - but we are the MINORITY of voters. Most see yards & TD's and thats it. That is why the pro-bowl is a joke.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 07, 2007, 10:35:24 AM

Heck, Alstott made the ProBowl for years at FB despite there being better "true" FB's out there. Same with Larry Centers.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 07, 2007, 12:35:31 PM

He didn't deserve it, but yeah congrats Derrick.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 07, 2007, 02:44:34 PM

He didn't deserve it, but yeah congrats Derrick.

It depends on what you mean by "deserve".

Shag

Pro Bowler

#28 : February 07, 2007, 03:01:49 PM

The only reason I would care is if he has some probowl bonus in his contract.

#29 : February 07, 2007, 03:30:33 PM

Vince Young took a 1-5 team to an 8-8 record. He was 'the' reaosn they turned their horrible season around. I believe Vince YOung alone oculdve made the BUcs 8-8. For that, I think he deserved to go. There's no defined criteria for the pro bowl, so passing stats alone shouldnt be the deal breaker IMO. Vince YOung was one of the best QBs in the league IMO
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: D Brooks makes the Probowl « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools