Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lets play Alabama in our first year as a football team « previous next »
Page: 1

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

: June 18, 2009, 10:38:34 AM

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports/stories/2009/06/17/alabama_georgia_state.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=21

Wow, apart from West Virginia, this is my other school that I claim (who can resist a free education, right?). 
They finally got a football program going and decided to schedule Alabama their first year as a team.  I know that this will give them a paycheck and some decent exposure, but is this worth it?

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Snook

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 18, 2009, 10:39:37 AM

$400,000 is a lot of money to a new football program.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 18, 2009, 10:41:17 AM

And this is EXACTLY what's wrong with college football scheduling...

Why is a huge program like Alabama even allowed to play Georgia State in football?

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 18, 2009, 10:55:09 AM

Who knows, what does Alabama have to gain from playing them?  I hope they're in the running for a NC spot at the time, then a) it'll get GSU's name out more and b) people will ridicule Ala for it. 

Either way, I'm a little worried it'll be a bad start for the brand new fan base/team.  They'll be the guys who lost 77-0 to Alabama. 

www.Atlbucs.com

Snook

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 18, 2009, 10:59:48 AM

Programs shouldn't be able to play teams out of their divisions.

Like there aren't enough cupcakes in Division I-A to choose from...

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 18, 2009, 11:02:54 AM

Off the subject,  but since you're another Atlanta fan, don't forget to get your tix in our Buc section for the Nov game (I know its really early). 

Info on the Ticket Exchange Board

www.Atlbucs.com

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#6 : June 18, 2009, 02:32:01 PM

And this is EXACTLY what's wrong with college football scheduling...

Why is a huge program like Alabama even allowed to play Georgia State in football?

Agreed

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lets play Alabama in our first year as a football team « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools