Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Woman who missed flight 447 dies in a car accident « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: June 11, 2009, 10:13:39 PM

Anyone ever see that movie, "Final Destination."

This story made me think of that movie immediately... Its like exactly like the movie.

Freaky.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/us_world/NATL-Woman-Who-Missed-Flight-447-Killed-in-Car-Crash.html?yhp=1

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 11, 2009, 10:23:57 PM

Anyone ever see that movie, "Final Destination."

Funny, that's exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 11, 2009, 10:48:36 PM

Uncanny incident.

RudeGuy

Starter

#3 : June 11, 2009, 11:26:52 PM

You gotta love this comment at the bottom of the article from one of the readers. What a dorf!

"She should have died in the aircrash, she would have gotten a lot of insurance money from the airlines. Oh well to bad."

#4 : June 12, 2009, 02:40:19 AM

You gotta love this comment at the bottom of the article from one of the readers. What a dorf!

"She should have died in the aircrash, she would have gotten a lot of insurance money from the airlines. Oh well to bad."
Lmao wow.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 12, 2009, 09:05:30 PM

I hadn't thought of that, but they are right.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 13, 2009, 04:40:35 PM

How are they right?

I will bet that not one person that died on that plane will get a dime of insurance money.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 13, 2009, 05:01:36 PM

How are they right?

I will bet that not one person that died on that plane will get a dime of insurance money.

Funny you say that...

Even if they lived, they would not get money likely...

For the first couple of days after his flight ditched into the Hudson River, Paul Jorgenson was just glad to be alive. But then he started to need his laptop, his wallet, his car keys -- all the essentials he had stowed under his seat and left behind in the sinking plane.

A pleasant woman at US Airways told him not to worry; he would be made whole for his losses. But then the matter shifted to US Airways' insurer, the American International Group, operating under government stewardship since its bailout last fall.

When a homeowner has a burglary or a driver has a crash, all it normally takes is a call to the insurance company and a description of the loss to activate the policy. But aviation liability insurance is different. It is activated by a finding of negligence on the part of an airline. If there is no negligence, then arguably there is no liability, and no obligation to pay claims.

That poses a problem for the passengers of US Airways Flight 1549. They suffered real losses and injuries, but they are widely perceived as having been saved from sudden, violent death by their heroic and quick-thinking flight crew, led by Capt. Chesley B. Sullenberger.

"Insurance companies try to protect their assets, obviously," said Bruce D. Chadbourne, a co-author of the book, "Introduction to Aviation Insurance and Risk Management," and a professor in the business school at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Fla. With the airline wearing a halo, A.I.G. "is going to play hardball."

A spokeswoman for A.I.G.'s property and casualty business declined to comment.

http://finance.yahoo.com/insurance/article/107188/aig-balks-at-Claims-from-jet-ditching-in-hudson
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Woman who missed flight 447 dies in a car accident « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools