Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Storm Shot I took tonight « previous next »
Page: 1

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
: June 14, 2009, 12:20:09 AM

Just thought I'd share with yal, this was about 40 mins ago. Taken by the University of Maryland Science and Tech Center.

RudeGuy

Starter

#1 : June 14, 2009, 12:53:33 AM

Makes one feel like they are right in the Tampa Bay area.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 14, 2009, 12:56:06 AM

So did YOU take it?  Or did the Tech center take it?  Or are you a part of the tech center, and took it yourself?  Either way, lovely picture.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 14, 2009, 01:01:15 AM

I took it BY the Tech Center. Its about 15 mins away from my house. I probably should have been more clear when I said that.

When it comes to Lightning photography, an hour of waiting for about a second of lightning like that makes it all worth while. Its a major crapshoot when you go out to take those kinds of pictures.

Just thought some of you Florida boys + others can appreciate a nice storm shot. Just goes to show you we can get some nice storms up here. Although I would take Florida 10 times out of 10 for storm pictures.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 14, 2009, 01:13:16 AM

Makes one feel like they are right in the Tampa Bay area.

There's no place like home...

[sweet pic Navy]

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#5 : June 14, 2009, 03:00:27 AM

One I saw the other day on strategypage.com....

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 14, 2009, 04:03:31 AM

Just thought I'd share with yal, this was about 40 mins ago. Taken by the University of Maryland Science and Tech Center.

If you see a photo contest in a local newspaper or whatnot, you should enter that photo in it. It's at least worth an honorable mention.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#7 : June 14, 2009, 10:47:04 AM

What kind of camera?
Do you use flash when taking a picture of lightning?

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 14, 2009, 02:42:00 PM

What kind of camera?
Do you use flash when taking a picture of lightning?

A Digital SLR Camera with a tripod or anything that can keep the camera level ( I used a clamp that you can attach to the window of your car to hold it level and steady. Then you just set your camera's shutter speed on a timer to about 20 to 30 seconds. You just keep that on a continuous timer and you are bound to catch a good lightning photo. Flash would never work considering the time of night you allow light seep in through the lens and shutter which ultimately forms the picture. Any Flash that happens while the Shutter is open should be recorded so you never use a flash when taking a picture of lightning. The lightning will do the flash for you.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Storm Shot I took tonight « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools