Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: howcome Jay Glazer beat PR to the scoop? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

coopsxx

Starter
: October 16, 2006, 12:04:02 PM

I know he has some heavy financial backing, but i was surprised he beat you guys to the 'fire-sale' story.

Your usually the ones to break these things, or did you know and just couldn't say?

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#1 : October 16, 2006, 12:05:26 PM

there was somoeone on this board that mentioned the same players in a fire sale about 2 weeks ago, couldn't believe it when they mentioned it on fox.....

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 16, 2006, 12:07:18 PM

Chances are that Jay Glazer got that non-Buccaneer channels. In other words, he got that through other GMs or personnel directors who had been approached by Bruce Allen about potential trades. One Buc Place is extremely tight-lipped right now, so I'm pretty sure that folks like Glazer and Charley Casserly got info from other teams in the league rather than the Bucs. I would expect some movement on a trade though before Tuesday.

coopsxx

Starter
#3 : October 16, 2006, 12:18:40 PM

so u dont think anything will happen? have u tried speaking to booger/ kelly / phillips agents? they r usually loose lipped

(thanks for quick reply by the way, it makes sense)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 16, 2006, 12:22:13 PM

Say good bye to Booger.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#5 : October 16, 2006, 12:25:50 PM

Say good bye to Booger.

Bye Booger [ hand waving smiley]

#6 : October 16, 2006, 12:53:36 PM

anyone have a booger-flicking smiley?

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 16, 2006, 01:04:27 PM

Say good bye to Booger.

He's not worth me having to lift my hand to wave.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 16, 2006, 01:26:21 PM

He's not worth me having to lift my hand to wave.
ROTFLMAO!

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#9 : October 16, 2006, 01:42:20 PM

pulled from TBO.com

Coach Jon Gruden said Brian Kelly will be doubtful for Sunday’s game against Philadelphia.

Kelly missed his third game of the season against Cincinnati with a lingering turf toe injury.

“They tell me there’s a chance surgery could fix that,” Gruden said. “Unfortunately it’s not getting better.”

Kelly has been the subject of trade rumors. The trade deadline is Tuesday.

More From Gruden’s News Conference:

MOBILE GRADKOWSKI: The number of sacks and turnovers are considerably down since Bruce Gradkowski took over the starting quarterback duties. Those problems that plagued Chris Simms haven’t been as prominent in the past two games. Coach Jon Gruden credited Gradkowski’s legs.

“He gives us added life with his scrambling ability,” Gruden said.

McCOWN WILL PRACTICE; SIMMS TO IR? Backup quarterback Luke McCown will practice Wednesday when the Bucs begin an evaluation period to determine if they want to add him to the 53-man roster.

McCown was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list at the beginning of the season because of a serious knee injury he sustained in the offseason. The Bucs have a 21-day evaluation period where they can look at McCown’s progress before having to make a decision to place him on the 53-man roster.

If they do make a move, the Bucs will have to create room, which would likely be to place Chris Simms on injured reserve.

TRADE TALK: With the trading deadline approaching, Coach Jon Gruden said the team has its eyes on some players around the league.

“We are looking into some specific players,” Gruden said. “There are some specific guys we’d like to have.”

Several reports have the Bucs shopping around a host of their players, including Brian Kelly, Anthony McFarland, Simeon Rice and Jermaine Phillips.

original

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 16, 2006, 02:22:52 PM

Could we be looking at Lenard Davis from Arizona?  I remember a lot of buzz about him during his draft year.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 16, 2006, 02:29:39 PM

Could we be looking at Lenard Davis from Arizona?  I remember a lot of buzz about him during his draft year.

Though I can't dismiss it, word I have today is that the Bucs are primarily looking at adding some defensive help.

coopsxx

Starter
#12 : October 16, 2006, 02:54:47 PM

man imagine if we kept Fonoti and signed Leonard Davis.

Davis (380) Fonoti (380) Wade (290) Joseph (310) Trueblood (320)

ps i am just talking about size.
talent wise i would rather have Anthony Davis and Dan Buenning than those two.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 16, 2006, 03:09:32 PM

Problem with Davis is his $9MM salary, which would need serious restructuring

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#14 : October 16, 2006, 03:26:50 PM

And actually AD could probably play LG if we had a better LT. Just something to think about.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: howcome Jay Glazer beat PR to the scoop? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools