Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone here step into the world of netbooks? « previous next »
Page: 1

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

: June 18, 2009, 02:05:14 AM

I bought one from TigerDirect about 2 weeks ago(Acer Aspire One) and so far I love this thing. For $230 I get a machine thats less than 2 pounds, has a widescreen resolution, 160GB hard drive, full windows XP, an LED backlit 9 inch screen, and a webcam to boot. The battery on a full charge is getting me about 4 hours with wifi on and 6 hours with it off, so its awesome for a college student like myself who has 3 hour lectures(although I havent used it for school yet).

That may have sounded like a netbook plug right there, but I strongly suggest those who are addicted to technology like myself or need it for school/work to pick one up. Only thing this is missing is a DVD drive and with everyone going to USB for most file transfers and media, who cares.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 18, 2009, 02:21:51 AM

Acer is a better brand than people think. I've had a cheap laptop by Acer for nearly 4 years now and it's still going strong. No problems with it at all. Battery and everything still has good life.

Dell is also good and has good prices.

HP is crap and expensive. I've heard several people tell me of all sorts of problems with HP laptops.

The only thing about the netbooks is no disc drive and the graphics card is weak. But if all you are doing is surfing the net, e-mail, and basic applications it will do the job.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 18, 2009, 08:49:10 AM

I bought a nexlink carbon 4200 today.  It is a VERY good laptop.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone here step into the world of netbooks? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools