Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The SEC MYTH « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#135 : July 07, 2009, 10:34:44 PM

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college-football/story/804939.html

in basketball yes

Runole

Hall of Famer
#136 : July 08, 2009, 08:37:47 AM

The Democrats in office scare - no one in college football - they know the Dems are throwing money around and are going to pay for all of their programs with OPM (other people's money - i.e., not the one's that voted for them), so we're going to end up with a condition that brought about about some significant change once - taxation without representation.

So you're implying that Dems are fair and see the money thrown around without providing a true champion? Heck, taxation without representation is exactly the condition you hate inside the BCS...

The Dems aren't going to do that - the only meeting they're going to have with the BCS is to tell them which pocket is their favorite to fill with money - you know OPM...

You're getting nuttier with every post.

You have revealed yourself to be a Miami fan, somewhat dim-witted and now you're waiting for the Dems to come in and save college football?

You don't deserve security or freedom.

It's probably good that there aren't any rules about the type of posters that get in here....

Isn't Orin Hatch a Republican? :D ::)

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#137 : July 09, 2009, 06:08:31 AM

GAINESVILLE -- In the fluid realm of college football recruiting, where rumors float and something fishy flows, there is no abysmal bottom to which a coach will swim, or sink.

Such is the story of Matt Elam, who plays offense and defense for West Palm Beach Dwyer High School and committed to the University of Florida in October. It is now July, nearing the halfway point of the 2010 recruiting cycle, and Elam, a senior come August, is having second thoughts about his nonbinding oral pledge to the Gators.

That's what happens when a rival coach of the Gators tells a recruit that UF coach Urban Meyer and his staff will be leaving after the 2009 season.

On Wednesday, Elam said he considers the comments from the coach a joke, and he doesn't take it seriously. Nevertheless, the safety is scheduled to visit Georgia, Virginia Tech, Alabama and West Virginia.

''I'm committed [to Florida],'' Elam recently told Rivals.com. ``I'm just looking around to see something different in case something goes down and I can't go to Florida anymore.''

Elam, rated the fifth-best overall prospect in the nation by Rivals, will not divulge the name of the coach. The suspects are many.

WHODUNIT?

Could it be Mark Richt, the coach of Florida's primary SEC East rival? Could it be Nick Saban, the savvy recruiter and coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide? Or perhaps the shark is Doc Holliday, the Mountaineers' recruiting coordinator who is a former Florida assistant.

In the end, it doesn't matter. It's only July. But to some, it's already July. Next week will bring a new deluge of rumors to the slosh that is college football recruiting, and the waters will grow ever murkier. National Signing Day is the first week of February 2010.

As it stands, the Gators have 15 oral commitments, including Elam, the gem of the list. Elam is a safety, receiver and running back for Dwyer. As a junior, Elam (6-0, 205 pounds) had 91 tackles, nine sacks and 21 tackles for loss, according to his high school coach. Offensively, Elam caught 39 passes for 776 yards and eight touchdowns and rushed for 431 yards (four touchdowns).

The Gators, which signed just 16 prospects in February, will likely hand out the maximum number of scholarships allowed by the NCAA per year (25) in 2010. UF, it appears, is cashing in on its recent success. The Gators, winners of two national championships in three years, likely will be ranked No. 1 to begin the 2009 season.

MOVING IN

Perhaps the best evidence, recruiting wise, of Florida's lordship over college football is the Gators' march into South Florida, long the recruiting stronghold of the Miami Hurricanes. Florida breached the outer walls, Palm Beach and Broward counties, long ago and the Gators are now attempting to ransack Miami-Dade.

In April, Florida received a commitment from linebacker Gideon Ajagbe of Coconut Grove's Ransom Everglades High. If Ajagbe's commitment holds, he could be the first player from Miami-Dade County to sign with the Gators since 2005. That year, Florida signed safety Dorian Munroe of Miami Coral Reef and offensive lineman Simon Codrington of South Miami. Munroe, a redshirt senior this fall, is the only scholarship player on the Gators' roster from Miami.

Found this story form miami herald. Not posting it to bash but i also read where S.Carolina is reporting recruiting violations. Its straight down and dirty in the SEC. What else i find funny is no one mentions the fact that UG has more arrest then UF does recently too.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#138 : July 09, 2009, 01:13:12 PM

The Democrats in office scare - no one in college football - they know the Dems are throwing money around and are going to pay for all of their programs with OPM (other people's money - i.e., not the one's that voted for them), so we're going to end up with a condition that brought about about some significant change once - taxation without representation.

So you're implying that Dems are fair and see the money thrown around without providing a true champion? Heck, taxation without representation is exactly the condition you hate inside the BCS...

The Dems aren't going to do that - the only meeting they're going to have with the BCS is to tell them which pocket is their favorite to fill with money - you know OPM...

You have revealed yourself to be a Miami fan, somewhat dim-witted and now you're waiting for the Dems to come in and save college football?

It's probably good that there aren't any rules about the type of posters that get in here....

He has an R by his name but hardly acts like an R

Runole

Hall of Famer
#139 : July 09, 2009, 06:55:13 PM

After George Bush is there such a thing as a Republican?    Bush killed the Republican party with his economic policies and now Obama "Mr Change" is going down the same flawed "bail out path" even worse..

When are we ever going to see a fiscally conservative party again?

Sorry for the hijack...

back to the topic  Getting a real playoff is going to be tough.     After reading some recent commentary, I am afraid it will be a failed effort.   Sad!  I feel a real playoff would be fantastic for the sport.  To have something similar to the drama of the NFL playoffs would be great.   I continue to dream the impossible dream. Hopefully in my lifetime

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#140 : July 13, 2009, 03:32:39 AM

...Just because a mouse is in a cookie jar, that doesn't make him a cookie...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#141 : July 13, 2009, 07:12:38 AM

...Just because a mouse is in a cookie jar, that doesn't make him a cookie...

True but it still makes him a mouse.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#142 : July 13, 2009, 09:23:39 AM

or a R-a-t-t-F-i-n-k....

and that's why there's an "I" behind my name, now

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#143 : January 07, 2010, 10:50:20 PM

If the score holds up in the ALA/TEX game...

Bowl Records of BCS Conferences from 2003/2004-2009/2010

Conference     2003/2004     2004/2005     2005/2006     2006/2007     2007/2008     2008/2009        2009/2010          TOTAL     Winning %          National Championships

SEC                        5-2                    3-3                  3-3                   6-3                  7-2                    6-2                     6-4                  36-19            65%              5 - LSU(split,) FLA, LSU, FLA, ALA
Big East                3-2                    2-3                  1-3                    5-0                   3-2                    4-2                    4-2                   22-14            61%
PAC 10                  4-2                    3-2                  3-2                   3-3                   4-2                    5-0                     2-5                  24-16            60%              2 - USC (one split)
Big 12                    2-6                    4-3                   5-3                   3-5                   5-3                   4-3                     4-4                   27-27            50%              1 - Texas
ACC                       5-1                    3-3                   5-3                   4-4                   2-6                   4-6                      3-4                  26-27            49%
Big 10                    3-5                    3-3                   3-4                   2-5                   3-5                   1-6                      4-3                  19-31            38%               Sorry White Tiger

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#144 : January 08, 2010, 12:41:02 AM

Hey, Big Ten is coming back - and all I care about is - my Buckeyes did the stomping this year.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#145 : January 08, 2010, 12:49:53 AM

If the score holds up in the ALA/TEX game...

Bowl Records of BCS Conferences from 2003/2004-2009/2010

Conference� � �2003/2004� � �2004/2005� � �2005/2006� � �2006/2007� � �2007/2008� � �2008/2009� � �� �2009/2010� �� � � �TOTAL� � �Winning %� � �� � �National Championships

SEC� � � � � � � � � � � � 5-2� � � � � � � � � � 3-3� � � � � � � � � 3-3� � � � � � � � � �6-3� � � � � � � � � 7-2� � � � � � � � � � 6-2� � � � � �� � �� � �6-4� � � �� � �� � � 36-19� � � � � � 65%� � � � � � � 5 - LSU(split,) FLA, LSU, FLA, ALA
Big East� � � � � � � � 3-2� � � � � � � � � � 2-3� � � � � � � � � 1-3� � � � � � � � � � 5-0� � � � � � � � � �3-2� � � � � � � � � � 4-2� � � � � � � � � � 4-2� � � � � � � � � �22-14� � � � � � 61%
PAC 10� � � � � � � � � 4-2� � � � � � � � � � 3-2� � � � � � � � � 3-2� � � � � � � � � �3-3� � � � � � � � � �4-2� � � � � � � � � � 5-0� � � � � �� � � �� �2-5� �� �� � � � � � 24-16� � � � � � 60%� � � � � � � 2 - USC (one split)
Big 12� � � � � � � � � � 2-6� � � � � � � � � � 4-3� � � � � � � � � �5-3� � � � � � � � � �3-5� � � � � � � � � �5-3� � � � � � � � � �4-3� � � � � �� � � � � 4-4� � � � � � � � � �27-27� � � � � � 50%� � � � � � � 1 - Texas
ACC� � � � � � � � � � � �5-1� � � � � � � � � � 3-3� � � � � � � � � �5-3� � � � � � � � � �4-4� � � � � � � � � �2-6� � � � � � � � � �4-6� � � � � �� � � � � �3-4� � � � � � � � � 26-27� � � � � � 49%
Big 10� � � � � � � � � � 3-5� � � � � � � � � � 3-3� � � � � � � � � �3-4� � � � � � � � � �2-5� � � � � � � � � �3-5� � � � � � � � � �1-6� � � � � �� � � � � �4-3� � � � � � � � � 19-31� � � � � � 38%� � � � � � � �Sorry White Tiger
(Holy s**t , whats w/ that quote?)

Who Hoo, Go Big East!

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The SEC MYTH « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools