Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Speculative at best, but....... « previous next »
Page: 1

fortydeuce

Rookie

: June 22, 2009, 12:00:24 AM

Forgive me if this has already been posted but i saw this on the crawl while i was playing Tiger Woods today and found the article below on espn. Not a whole lot of information but the gist is that member of the ruling family of the UAE has bought a 60% stake in a premier league soccer team , but no one knows which one.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=656395&sec=england&cc=5901

With the well documented financial situation of Man U, anyone think the Glazer's may have caved and sold a portion?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 22, 2009, 12:33:59 AM

They own a team almost worth $2 billion and have around $600 million of serviceable debt on it. They just sold uniform sponsorship rights to Aon to replace AIG after the 09-10 season for approximately $35.2 million a year for 4 years. They also just received $131 million for selling the rights to one of their players. In addition, the club earns an operating profit each year before debt service. So, to answer your question, NO, the Glazers did not cave. They knew and know exactly what they were doing with the purchase of Man U.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Speculative at best, but....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools