Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Getting married but not changing her last name - thoughts? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#15 : July 29, 2009, 02:53:53 AM

I know of a couple who got married last year but his bride decided to keep her original name which I think is stupid; so what does anyone else think about a woman wanting to do that?

Ill never forget my fathers words when i got engaged to my ex.
If your gonna get the booty on a regular basis you eventually have to deal with the person that comes with it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 29, 2009, 03:50:18 AM

My first wife took my name and then reverted back to her first husband's name (and not her maiden name) after we divorced. I was pissed at the time but got over it pretty quickly. She did not like her maiden name.

My current wife kept her name and it didn't/doesn't bother me one iota.

As far as continuing the family name? I am the only son in my family and my mom and dad both asked me to continue the family name when I was younger. Since we're not having kids, it's a moot point. And at this point in their lives, they couldn't care less either. Plus, there are plenty of folks with my name on Facebook.

As far as not marrying a woman if she refused to change her name? That one made my laugh.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 29, 2009, 07:54:31 AM

Old school-my wife kept my name or it was a deal breaker. it's funny that we just talked about this and she's glad she took my last name 35 years ago.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 29, 2009, 08:16:30 AM

My wife kept her name, still has it. Who cares? PiTA to change everything and for what? Our son, though, isn't hyphenated, he's just got my last name.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#19 : July 29, 2009, 08:34:41 AM

Boid - I'm in the same boat. The name dies with me and I got 3 daughters.

Have a friend that actually got his name changed to his WIFE'S name! Said he liked her's better then his own. Go figure!
Awesome. I even say my name dies with me, on my end anyhow...I even told my daughter as such. She thinks boys are gross.

Thank god.

She is only 9, but she is very perceptive. Very respectful. A thinker, I think. And I hope she decides to keep her last name, because that is all I ask of her. That and to get good grades. And to forget about boys until AFTER college. And to drive safe...and...

LOL...good luck with that bro'....maybe you can figure out a way for her to skip here teenage years...........The years of 'Hell' for most parents.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 29, 2009, 08:36:02 AM

My ex wife took my name, then I took it back.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 29, 2009, 08:56:56 AM

My wife kept her name, still has it. Who cares? PiTA to change everything and for what? Our son, though, isn't hyphenated, he's just got my last name.

So other people think you are living in sin with a woman who doesn't have your same last name.  nice.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#22 : July 29, 2009, 09:13:44 AM

So other people think you are living in sin with a woman who doesn't have your same last name. nice.

Yeah, I can hear the comments now.....LOL.............What the hell kind of woman gets married and keeps her last name?  And a better question is, what the hell kind of man goes along with such nonsense?.........In Hollywood maybe, that I understand.

Any man that agrees to that is just a total loser that is probably 'hung like a horse' and has some extraordinary bedroom skills......possibly an upper level 'meter reader' with the utilities dept.....

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 29, 2009, 09:38:43 AM

There's an old saying "man who cannot control his woman will soon not be able to control his own bowels either and crap his own pants".

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 29, 2009, 09:59:27 AM

So other people think you are living in sin with a woman who doesn't have your same last name.  nice.

Strange that doesn't seem to happen. I don't think I've ever heard anyone even remark on the curiosity of the whole thing.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#25 : July 29, 2009, 10:00:46 AM

There's an old saying "man who cannot control his woman will soon not be able to control his own bowels either and crap his own pants".

Now I know what happened to Ray Perkins..............................................Too much 'crap' in his pants.............

Bro', if you have the balls for some adventure, let me know and we'll hook up and go to the east coast of the peninsula, around Ft. Lauderdale and do a few 'drift dives' for bugs at night.......at 20-30ft depths.............I might be a little rusty......but it's like masturbating......once you have success, you never forget............Ha,ha,ha, ha, ha,,...................

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 29, 2009, 10:09:17 AM

Personally I'm old school like Rusty.  That would have been a deal breaker.  But since I've done it a couple times with no success...I guess who cares?  I gotta boy with my full name as a junior so I think the name will live on...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

bucsense

Practice Squad

#27 : July 29, 2009, 10:18:56 AM

So other people think you are living in sin with a woman who doesn't have your same last name. nice.

Strange that doesn't seem to happen. I don't think I've ever heard anyone even remark on the curiosity of the whole thing.

Well, there ya' go folks...........point proven!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 29, 2009, 10:20:54 AM

She is only 9, but she is very perceptive. Very respectful. A thinker, I think. And I hope she decides to keep her last name, because that is all I ask of her. That and to get good grades. And to forget about boys until AFTER college. And to drive safe...and...

to stay off the pole

That's your only job as a father of a girl, keep her off the pole.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 29, 2009, 10:22:38 AM

to stay off the pole

That's your only job as a father of a girl, keep her off the pole.

True that!!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Getting married but not changing her last name - thoughts? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools