Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa town hall meeting on govnt healthcare turns violent and ugly « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: August 06, 2009, 11:38:52 PM

In Ybor City, US House Rep. Kathy Castor held a town hall meeting concerning Obama's socialized healthcare reform.

The forum turned violent as protesters claimed opponents to the plan were not being allowed in. So they started banging on doors and chanting.

Police say 1500 people showed up, only 200 allowed in. A few people were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 06, 2009, 11:43:27 PM

Shoulda tear gassed em ...

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 06, 2009, 11:46:35 PM

Another video from inside

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 06, 2009, 11:50:22 PM

Just like Soviet Russia!

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 06, 2009, 11:51:58 PM

Just like Soviet Russia!

Right .... nobody ever gets gassed in the US.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 07, 2009, 12:01:24 AM

It's about shutting up the opposition. Why were unions allowed to enter this meeting through a side door?

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 07, 2009, 12:15:39 AM

All those people need to go home and get a life and find better use of their time!

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 07, 2009, 12:24:27 AM

Ah, my genius Representative for south Tampa, having a town hall meeting for a topic as heated as this and she has it in the Teco conference room. The Ritz Theatre is just up the street and holds 2000. I guess our representatives think only about 200 of their constituents really follow what they do, how else could they get away with the crap they do.  

I think next time she'll have her in and out presser at the Starbucks on Gandy.  

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 07, 2009, 12:31:57 AM

All those people need to go home and get a life and find better use of their time!

Auditioning for the Quality of Life Czar are we? King George III said something alongs these lines back in the day to some of his loyalists, too.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 07, 2009, 12:43:30 AM

Auditioning for the Quality of Life Czar are we? King George III said something alongs these lines back in the day to some of his loyalists, too.

So what good came out of tonight's meeting other than a small riot?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 07, 2009, 12:48:45 AM

It's about shutting up the opposition. Why were unions allowed to enter this meeting through a side door?

They knew the secret knock ...

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 07, 2009, 01:07:40 AM

You know, I'm just not sure because I wasn't there. Were you?

But I can tell you this, a whole lot more good had an opportunity to come out then would have been the case if everyone just went home and shut up and found something better (that part just kills me, what can be better then trying to take an active part in our own governing) to do as you suggest.

And I'll tell you another good thing I would like to have come out of this small riot as you put it. I would hope that my elected representative got her eyes opened to the people that she is supposed to represent and saw that many of them just might not be in favor or totally pleased with the job she has done to date.  I selfishly hope she soiled herself and that was why she had to leave so quickly because she has yet to answer one of the 20 odd letters I have sent her or been available for any of the phone calls I have placed to her office.

Now, would it be better for you if I just went home, shut up and found something better to do? Wait a minute, I am home.....

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 07, 2009, 02:10:31 AM

You know, I'm just not sure because I wasn't there. Were you?

But I can tell you this, a whole lot more good had an opportunity to come out then would have been the case if everyone just went home and shut up and found something better (that part just kills me, what can be better then trying to take an active part in our own governing) to do as you suggest.

And I'll tell you another good thing I would like to have come out of this small riot as you put it. I would hope that my elected representative got her eyes opened to the people that she is supposed to represent and saw that many of them just might not be in favor or totally pleased with the job she has done to date.  I selfishly hope she soiled herself and that was why she had to leave so quickly because she has yet to answer one of the 20 odd letters I have sent her or been available for any of the phone calls I have placed to her office.

Now, would it be better for you if I just went home, shut up and found something better to do? Wait a minute, I am home.....

What I'm saying is that most people barely have enough time to take care of all the things that need attention in their own homes, much less go running around to town hall meetings to b*tch about the government.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 07, 2009, 02:11:01 AM

SEIU - is related to ACORN and is part of Obama's Chavista-like thug army. They are called out to provide a "civilian" goon squad to quash dissent.

It is why these groups were funded by the community-organizer-in-chief with $40 million in taxpayer monies.

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?v=GdnzVrSUyt

interesting that the Service Employees International Union was able to SPONSOR Kathy Castors "Sham Hall" meeting.

For two weeks we've had levely, spirited, yet civil debate by earnest citizens speaking out against what they feel has become a run away government.

The SEIU gets involved and suddenly we have violence and intimidation.

I returned from a business trip late this evening - so I missed the Tampa town hall for Kathy Castor - had I been there a union tough would not have pushed me around. I intend to be very involved in making sure everyone knows that I did not surrender my rights because ACORN was able to stuff some inner-city ballot box. I think they call it Vox Populi - our voice is growing while Obama's thug tactics seek to stifle debate:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090807/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_overhaul

"WASHINGTON � Top White House officials counseled Democratic senators Thursday on coping with disruptions at public events on health care this summer, officials said, and promised the party and allies would respond with twice the force (hmmm interesting choice of words) if any individual lawmaker is criticized in television advertising..."

"...Also Thursday, the AFL-CIO announced plans to mobilize labor activists to attend town hall meetings in 50 congressional districts this month to counter the conservative protesters
..."

I guess we know why the unions hold such a tender place in this president's heart - they are his shock troops and enforcers...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 07, 2009, 03:18:17 AM

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=111086&catid=8

Click on the 11pm update link in the video box on the right to see the story.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa town hall meeting on govnt healthcare turns violent and ugly « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools