Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone watching Denver-SF game?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

the big show

Second String

#15 : August 15, 2009, 12:23:43 PM

Simms couldn't succeed in the scheme Gruden ran? Wow. It never stops with Calvin Johnson quotes. What are Simms so called strengths? The deep ball? His escape ability? His touch?

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 15, 2009, 12:24:13 PM

Was he playing against their 1st string D at all?

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 15, 2009, 12:25:50 PM

While I agree that the offense that Gruden ran didn't fit Simms that well he also had a huge problems with batted balls if you don't remember. I think Simms making bad decisions and batted balls had a lot more to do with his demise in Tampa.

the big show

Second String

#18 : August 15, 2009, 12:27:20 PM

Batted balls weren't the only issue. Only a couple a game. It was anticipation, accuracy, mobility, and inability tothrow deep ball. Other than that he was a stud.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 15, 2009, 12:30:44 PM

I don't understand why Gruden never implamented a shotgun scheme when Simms was the starter? It was obvious he wasn't a good quick drop back passeser; passes batted down plus i can tell  he had a hard time identifying the blitz. The following year Gruden finally installs a shotgun but with the limp armed Garcia! never understood that.  After seeing some of his game last night; Simms has somewhat improved. He doesn't stare down his man anymore he was able to look off and find the open target. Most of his throws were all smart throws didn't really force the issue. If he somehow beats orton for the starting job i think he will do fine. The denver o-line and receivers are wayy better than the offensive supporting cast he had in 06.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 15, 2009, 12:50:50 PM

McDaniels won't let simms start right away no matter how much simms outplays orton.

ilovebeer

Starter

#21 : August 15, 2009, 02:51:00 PM

I thought Moreno looked pretty sharp out there in the few plays I saw him in.  His cuts looked damn good from the couple plays I saw.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 15, 2009, 03:04:50 PM

McDaniels won't let simms start right away no matter how much simms outplays orton.

Thats probably true.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#23 : August 15, 2009, 04:54:37 PM

Does anyone else watch Knowshon Moreno and see Cadillac Williams? They have almost identical frames and running styles.

CrAsH_oVeRdRiVe

Rookie

#24 : August 15, 2009, 05:19:59 PM

After seeing some of his game last night; Simms has somewhat improved. He doesn't stare down his man anymore he was able to look off and find the open target. Most of his throws were all smart throws didn't really force the issue. If he somehow beats orton for the starting job i think he will do fine. The denver o-line and receivers are wayy better than the offensive supporting cast he had in 06.

Sounds like the same Chris Simms before the 2006 season and the whole spleen thing. One of the best deep ball throwers this franchise has had under the center in the past 15 years. He called audibles, looked off safeties, threw one hell of a ball and of course had a crap load of balls batted down at the line of scrimmage on three step drops.

Hope you start in Denver, Chris.

Bucstopshere5

Starter
#25 : August 15, 2009, 06:00:51 PM

Great game by simms last night. I hope they give him the nod

bucs1

Practice Squad
#26 : August 15, 2009, 08:00:45 PM

The first thing I noticed when I was watching the game was that the 49ers have a LB named Ahmad Brooks and he wears number 55, so when I saw a guy with Brooks and the number 55 on the back of his jersey, I had to double take.

I noticed that the 49ers signed Michael Spurlock, so I was happy he was still playing. They said that the 49ers were really impressed with him at WR, and that they might even try to run some Wildcat plays with him at QB. They also showed his kickoff return for a touchdown with the Bucs. I remember that in last year's preseason with the Bucs Spurlock did great at WR, and I wish we would have held onto him. We certainly could have used him this year at WR.

Kyle Orton looked terrible. His arm wasn't strong enough to put the right amount of touch on the ball and complete throws and of course, he had those three interceptions. I really hope the Broncos start Chris Simms.

Speaking of Simms, he looked excellent last night. Simms played totally different than how he did when he was in a Bucs uniform. He didn't stare down his receivers, he looked off his WRs then delivered the ball, and he didn't try to force the ball either. He also had great accuracy on the long ball and had a great release. Simms should start for the Broncos, but that probably won't happen.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 15, 2009, 09:54:25 PM

Does anyone else watch Knowshon Moreno and see Cadillac Williams? They have almost identical frames and running styles.

Noticed that the very first time I saw Moreno run.  They are very similar, but Moreno might be a better all-around back - or at least he was in college.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#28 : August 15, 2009, 11:24:06 PM

No why would I watch pre-season football of other teams.....

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone watching Denver-SF game?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools