Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs future looks grim « previous next »
Page: 1

ABN

Starter
: August 23, 2009, 01:56:09 PM

It is increasingly likely that the N.F. L. will not renew its salary cap before it expires. The salary minimum would also disappear. This means that teams like free-spending Redskins and Jets et al will dominate the league while frugal owners like the Buccaneers and Bengals will be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Remember the days when the Bucs were the joke of late night TV shows i.e.: “ Leave two tickets on your windshield  for ticket less fans and after he game you found eight”, and Hugh Culverhouse laughed all the way to the bank. I am afraid after the current building year we do not have a bright future for the Buccaneers.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#1 : August 23, 2009, 04:40:18 PM

This board is for Bucs related posts. You will get a lot more feedback posting this on the red board or the insider board.

#2 : August 23, 2009, 05:58:44 PM

It would be a lock out season actually. Which means hello scabs again.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#3 : August 24, 2009, 01:05:42 AM

It is increasingly likely that the N.F. L. will not renew its salary cap before it expires. The salary minimum would also disappear. This means that teams like free-spending Redskins and Jets et al will dominate the league while frugal owners like the Buccaneers and Bengals will be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Remember the days when the Bucs were the joke of late night TV shows i.e.: “ Leave two tickets on your windshield for ticket less fans and after he game you found eight”, and Hugh Culverhouse laughed all the way to the bank. I am afraid after the current building year we do not have a bright future for the Buccaneers.

Those days were before my time, but I hear stories all the time. I sure hope this does not happen again. I think the Glazer family likes to win no matter what game they play.

Stratobuc

Starter
#4 : August 25, 2009, 02:58:23 PM

In this league - you have to spend money (albeit properly) to win. If we continue to have the league's lowest salary, we will continue to be "rebuilding".....
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs future looks grim « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools