Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB Battle Now Over « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: August 28, 2009, 12:40:38 AM

Unless you LM's backpocket boy (I'm looking at the PR staff) I think this was about as conclusive an end to the QB derby as we're gonna get.

You see the upside on Byron. I mean he threw downfield or a slant on almost all his throws. I'm not sure he knows what a checkdown is. Byron showed the big arm, the good decision making and the bad accuracy. I mean he threw near the right guy all the time but he didn't necessarily throw TO him enough. I think that's what we're gonna get. I think the 9 of 17 07 yards isn't gonna be an aberrant type of statline for a half of work for this guy. It ain't great but god help us it is the best we've got.

McNown was the guy that he seems to be. He was awful. Either the line hates him and just stopped blocking for him or he's part of the problem with all that pressure. He ran once (first time) with purpose but a lot of his scrambling was fearful and not needed and his movement in the pocket caused pressure and didn't avoid it. That throw to Stevens was greatness but he couldn't duplicate it. He helped his trade value like the iceberg helped the Titanic.

Freeman was pitiful. This was his worst outing and, not oddly, it was the best level of competition he faced. He locked on guys, wasn't really accurate and showed bad pocket presence. He's not ready to start and he needs a lot of reps to get ready.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 28, 2009, 12:41:35 AM

Byron has won the starting job. I'm willing to put a wager on that.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 28, 2009, 12:44:12 AM

I didn't know there was a competition...I knew this thing was over once there was another option besides PUKE MCCLOWN!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 28, 2009, 12:45:01 AM

You see the upside on Byron.

I see we're throwing that word around pretty loosely here...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 28, 2009, 12:46:03 AM

I see we're throwing that word around pretty loosely here...

I think the term "starting QB" is being used pretty loosely here if you must know the truth.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

imamonsterbuc

Practice Squad

#5 : August 28, 2009, 12:47:03 AM

i disagree on you assesment on freeman pocket presence

he showed good pocket presence maybe

you should rewatch the game

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 28, 2009, 12:52:06 AM

i disagree on you assesment on freeman pocket presence

he showed good pocket presence maybe

you should rewatch the game

Take the last sack, he stays right where the DE's converge and if he steps up he's got more time to throw. Just a quick example. He's so not ready at this point. You can see the effect of just not nearly enough reps while the pillow fight for #1 dragged on.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 28, 2009, 12:53:27 AM

You can see the effect of just not nearly enough reps while the pillow fight for #1 dragged on.

Definitely the biggest negative vs. Freeman at this point...

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 28, 2009, 12:54:45 AM

Although Im not thrilled with the circumstances surronding Leftwichs victory, it is what it is and I hope Lefty develops some accuracy before week one.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 28, 2009, 12:57:04 AM

I've honestly lost so much respect for Pewter Report after this Leftwich bashing tirade it's not even funny.    It's not even the PR staff but damn Scott you are coming off as a shill right now.   Many of us, at least me, don't even think Byron is that good but your guy..........?......this was HIS team!!  He's been the guy who should shine.   He's the one who has all this "upside."   What a freaking joke.   I'd take Ryan Leaf high as a kite on meth right now over either one of them two.   If I told him he'd get his fix after the game I bet you he'd hit a wide open Winslow on a crossing route and he wouldn't take a rookie sack and a limp wrist grounding penalty.    Get back to what made you good PR.   Stop this Clayton and McCown man love for no reason.   Those two have been here YEARS and done very little to earn our support....why do they got you hooked so bad then?

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 28, 2009, 01:00:19 AM

LMAO Bucin TEX...you're killing me tonight man

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 28, 2009, 01:01:21 AM

I'd take Ryan Leaf high as a kite on meth right now over either one of them two.   If I told him he'd get his fix after the game I bet you he'd hit a wide open Winslow on a crossing route and he wouldn't take a rookie sack and a limp wrist grounding penalty.   

That was good...

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#12 : August 28, 2009, 01:03:12 AM

Unless you LM's backpocket boy (I'm looking at the PR staff) I think this was about as conclusive an end to the QB derby as we're gonna get.

You see the upside on Byron. I mean he threw downfield or a slant on almost all his throws. I'm not sure he knows what a checkdown is. Byron showed the big arm, the good decision making and the bad accuracy. I mean he threw near the right guy all the time but he didn't necessarily throw TO him enough. I think that's what we're gonna get. I think the 9 of 17 07 yards isn't gonna be an aberrant type of statline for a half of work for this guy. It ain't great but god help us it is the best we've got.

McNown was the guy that he seems to be. He was awful. Either the line hates him and just stopped blocking for him or he's part of the problem with all that pressure. He ran once (first time) with purpose but a lot of his scrambling was fearful and not needed and his movement in the pocket caused pressure and didn't avoid it. That throw to Stevens was greatness but he couldn't duplicate it. He helped his trade value like the iceberg helped the Titanic.

Freeman was pitiful. This was his worst outing and, not oddly, it was the best level of competition he faced. He locked on guys, wasn't really accurate and showed bad pocket presence. He's not ready to start and he needs a lot of reps to get ready.

That was a little over a quarter of work...not a half. If he did that over four quarters, that would be 400 yards...and maybe still no TDs.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 28, 2009, 01:03:57 AM

Even if Leftwich is named the starter it will still be McCown, and that's because Lefty has a history of injury problems and it won't be long before the cart comes out to get him. I say for sure by the 2nd or 3rd game at least.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 28, 2009, 01:05:08 AM

CLOWN is about to get cut FYI

Bring back GRUDEN!!!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB Battle Now Over « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools