Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB Battle Now Over « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 28, 2009, 01:05:27 AM

That was a little over a quarter of work...not a half. If he did that over four quarters, that would be 400 yards...and maybe still no TDs.

He tossed 17 passes and I figure 34 is the high side of his passing efforts so it is what would be about a half of work. I should have explained that better.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 28, 2009, 01:07:17 AM

CLOWN is about to get cut FYI

LMAO!!

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 28, 2009, 01:08:59 AM

LMAO!!
Want to borrow my sig...i'll give it to ya like rah did leftwich the starting gig

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 28, 2009, 01:10:04 AM

LMAO!!

You laugh but really think about it. The team is not going to cut Freeman, BL starts. They apparently love JJ so will they keep 4? Really? Now, can the front office dump a guy they handed $2.5m of Glazer bucks to? Does keeping 4 hurt the development of the younger players by stealing reps? I don't think it is as clear cut as LM is surely staying but right now his biggest chit is the money in his pocket.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 28, 2009, 01:14:08 AM

LMAO!!

You laugh but really think about it. The team is not going to cut Freeman, BL starts. They apparently love JJ so will they keep 4? Really? Now, can the front office dump a guy they handed $2.5m of Glazer bucks to? Does keeping 4 hurt the development of the younger players by stealing reps? I don't think it is as clear cut as LM is surely staying but right now his biggest chit is the money in his pocket.

It will be Leftwich, McCown, and Freeman; and Lefty will soon be hurt and Freeman is going to sit back and learn because he is nowhere close to being ready even for a college game, which leaves McCown as your starter for most of the season. And JJ is not that good and was not even included in the rotation tonight meaning he is all but outta here.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 28, 2009, 01:16:24 AM

It will be Leftwich, McCown, and Freeman; and Lefty will soon be hurt and Freeman is going to sit back and learn because he is nowhere close to being ready even for a college game, which leaves McCown as your starter for most of the season. And JJ is not that good and was not even included in the rotation tonight meaning he is all but outta here.

I don't think JJ not playing means he is outta here, the "battle" was on and they wanted to give Freeman some time and you can't have 4 go like that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 28, 2009, 01:19:16 AM

I see we're throwing that word around pretty loosely here...

I think the term "starting QB" is being used pretty loosely here if you must know the truth.

If only we could go back in time and revisit the Cutler debacle.  I don't ever recall being so uninspired about the start of the season.

-------------------------------------------------------

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 28, 2009, 01:21:38 AM

Actually, Leftwich didn't make a lot of bad decisions tonight. It's just that his timing with the receivers sucked, which is something that can be corrected. He does appear to be fearless in the pocket.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 28, 2009, 01:22:50 AM

If only we could go back in time and revisit the Cutler debacle.  I don't ever recall being so uninspired about the start of the season.

That is still, to me, all about the DEN group botching it. That trade should have been put out there long before FA. There was no reason to wait. The problem for us what DEN wanted a "guy" for this year and we really had no guy to offer them that was as good as (sniff) Kyle Orton.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 28, 2009, 01:23:22 AM

Well glad I got some laughs but it's not what I'm angling for.   I'm just furious right now.     They both sucked harder then a call girl tonight.    I've been on PR and Scott about the reporting but tonight I mean damn....he straight up bolded a thread with no official PR story attached about Leftwich sucking.....promised us the same reporting on McCown.    Yeah right.   So where is it?   They both sucked in epic proportions and if PR and Jim Flynn can let his beat writers report anything but that then this media outlet is nothing but a sham for me now.   I feel let the eff down honestly.   Only Bucs media I cared to read was PR.   I ain't a local whiner.   I'm just a Bucs fan who wants to know what I'm missing out on.   PR used to give me that.   You've spilled enough crap on the counter to fill my sham-wow.   It's German made so you know it picks up a lot of crap.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 28, 2009, 01:27:30 AM

Actually, Leftwich didn't make a lot of bad decisions tonight. It's just that his timing with the receivers sucked, which is something that can be corrected. He does appear to be fearless in the pocket.

I like you man....I like to read your posts....but let's just be real with each other for one minute.    It wasn't just his timing.   He might have actually messed his pants when he saw K2 open on that crossing route.    I don't know about you but when I have a 7 year vet on my team who is counting on one game to make him the starter or not??!!!   Yeah I pull my head out of my anoos and make that throw.   I was deep into a 12 pack of import beer and even I could have gripped that slimy football good enough to let Kellen catch it.    Bryon should be ashamed and Luke should just bury his head in sand on your pretty Tampa beaches after those performances. 

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 28, 2009, 01:30:09 AM

I don't think JJ not playing means he is outta here, the "battle" was on and they wanted to give Freeman some time and you can't have 4 go like that.

JJ will see playing time next week only to get him some more film for other teams to look at once he's cut.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#27 : August 28, 2009, 03:39:22 AM

It's the preseason. I mean really. Ward looked like garbage tonight, as did Joseph, shall we rip on them?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 28, 2009, 01:45:09 AM

People assume Byron is slow in the head because he's slow of foot. Hes not. I said all along the "long windup" was a non-issue because he makes good decisions but can't hit the broadside of a barn consistently. That's exactly what you saw. I doubt the staff sees any flaws in his decision mkaing but will see plenty in his physical execution.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 28, 2009, 01:51:02 AM

Lefty needs to stop trying to drill a hole in guys who are 5 yards away, and to remember that is a football and not a baseball.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB Battle Now Over « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools