Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB Battle Now Over « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 28, 2009, 01:54:02 AM

Lefty needs to stop trying to drill a hole in guys who are 5 yards away, and to remember that is a football and not a baseball.

Good news, he doesn't throw the ball on 5 yard routes very often - other than the slant which you'd better drill.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 28, 2009, 01:59:15 AM

People assume Byron is slow in the head because he's slow of foot. Hes not. I said all along the "long windup" was a non-issue because he makes good decisions but can't hit the broadside of a barn consistently. That's exactly what you saw. I doubt the staff sees any flaws in his decision mkaing but will see plenty in his physical execution.

Very apt from Stroud:

From the Bucs' first possession, Leftwich's right arm was like a loose garden hose, spraying passes all over the field.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 28, 2009, 02:16:24 AM

I don't know why some of you guys are still pushing McCown - he had a very easy task to defeat Lefty - and once again he flashed immense talent, then underwhelmed.

This was his biggest stage, could have been a statement game for Luke...instead...it was a statement game for Luke.

Byron didn't earn this -  but unfortunately Luke didn't either.

Starting QB by default?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 28, 2009, 02:25:56 AM

I just got back from the game, and from what I saw BL is junk. Not that McCown did great, but he did do better imo.
It was aweful watching him overthrow ....EVERYONE.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 28, 2009, 02:30:51 AM

If Lefty is the starter it will be verrry limited and/or short lived either by - a) him totally sucking or b) a serious injury which he usually gets every year.

Pious12

Practice Squad

#35 : August 28, 2009, 02:56:39 AM

The problem is more a timing issue.  The starter will now get basically all the practice snaps for the next few weeks so the timing will hopefully improve.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 28, 2009, 03:03:44 AM

BuccinTex should be banned.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#37 : August 28, 2009, 03:24:08 AM

Even if Leftwich is named the starter it will still be McCown, and that's because Lefty has a history of injury problems and it won't be long before the cart comes out to get him. I say for sure by the 2nd or 3rd game at least.
You do realize Freeman will be #2 no matter who wins the starting job, right?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 28, 2009, 03:27:25 AM

BuccinTex should be banned.

boohoo are you crying right now?   Don't like what I have to say?   Call up your boy Luke for a prayer circle then you might get your wish.   If I'm to be banned for what I've said tonight I can show you 10 people who have said worse in the last calendar week and haven't been so much as warned.   This isn't the "official" Bucs board guy....they still believe in free speech to an extent.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#39 : August 28, 2009, 03:28:57 AM

If Lefty is the starter it will be verrry limited and/or short lived either by - a) him totally sucking or b) a serious injury which he usually gets every year.
Other than his rookie year and his time in Atlanta when has Leftwich ever "totally sucked"?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 28, 2009, 03:32:13 AM

Other than his rookie year and his time in Atlanta when has Leftwich ever "totally sucked"?

tonight.....how in god's name he missed that throw to Kellen I will never know.   That slippery guy would have turned it on a dime and probably scored the games only TD for the Bucs.   Leftwich sucks soooo bad right now.   Neither "vet" has shown to be consistent.    I'd take Freeman and Johnson over either one of them right now all season long.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 28, 2009, 05:13:50 AM

It's the preseason. I mean really. Ward looked like garbage tonight, as did Joseph, shall we rip on them?

Yes for NOW we should. But overall, yes, it's preseason and it doesn't mean much.

Imo, McCown should start. Even with a couple of bad showings in PS, he really hasn't done anything to LOSE the job. No one out played him either... BL- lovers must HATE those aweful stats. Honestly, I don't like McCown either, and would rather have JF in there, but that's NOT going to happen untill next season apparently. BL has been AWEFUL, face it. He has the worse case of concrete shoes I've ever seen. Does even know how to pronounce "accuracy" or "evasion?" Nevermind, BL and those two words shouldn't be in the same sentence. If they both suck so much, we would do well to keep the guy who is younger and faster, not the guy who is slow and old. Its just a worse replication of what we already had with Jeff Garcia imo. Even if the stats were reversed, Luke still has more upside.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#42 : August 28, 2009, 05:16:51 AM

It's the preseason. I mean really. Ward looked like garbage tonight, as did Joseph, shall we rip on them?

Yes for NOW we should. But overall, yes, it's preseason and it doesn't mean much.

Imo, McCown should start. Even with a couple of bad showings in PS, he really hasn't done anything to LOSE the job. No one out played him either... BL- lovers must HATE those aweful stats. Honestly, I don't like McCown either, and would rather have JF in there, but that's NOT going to happen untill next season apparently. BL has been AWEFUL, face it. He has the worse case of concrete shoes I've ever seen. Does even know how to pronounce "accuracy" or "evasion?" Nevermind, BL and those two words shouldn't be in the same sentence. If they both suck so much, we would do well to keep the guy who is younger and faster, not the guy who is slow and old. Its just a worse replication of what we already had with Jeff Garcia imo. Even if the stats were reversed, Luke still has more upside.
They've been pretty much in the preseason, but Leftwich was better in OTAs and training camp, therefor he will win the job.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

richbucsfan

Starter

#43 : August 28, 2009, 06:03:26 AM

Can we all agree, it's going to be a very long season. 

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 28, 2009, 08:09:21 AM

It doesn't matter if we agree. But you're absolutely correct sir. This year is going to feel like 3.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB Battle Now Over « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools