Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Panthers Might Cut RB DeShaun Foster « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucs1

Practice Squad
: February 15, 2007, 02:45:56 PM

From KFFL.com http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Panthers | Team clears $3.3 million by cutting Foster
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:49:24 -0800

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers can clear $3.3 million from their salary cap if they cut RB DeShaun Foster.

gone

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 15, 2007, 02:48:39 PM

and we clear over twice that if we cut Rice.  Doesn't mean we will.  Nothing in that blurb indicates the are looking at cutting him.
From KFFL.com http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Panthers | Team clears $3.3 million by cutting Foster
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:49:24 -0800

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers can clear $3.3 million from their salary cap if they cut RB DeShaun Foster.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 15, 2007, 02:49:06 PM

He'll hurt himself on the way to his car.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#3 : February 15, 2007, 02:56:50 PM

and we clear over twice that if we cut Rice. Doesn't mean we will. Nothing in that blurb indicates the are looking at cutting him.

Yes, but the Panters are currently over the salary cap.  Expect them to cut Mike Rucker, Mike Minter, and DeShaun Foster.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 16, 2007, 01:15:38 AM

Didn't you make that mistake before, Caddy?   I seem to rememember you putting a misleading title on another thread just like you did this one, and you said oh I'm sorry guys I didn't mean to be misleading etc.  Yet here we are again. Do you get points for having people read your threads?

#5 : February 16, 2007, 01:59:25 AM

Foster is a great runner. Injury prone. I would be all for signing him. Im sure Bruce Allen sould sign him to a brilliant contract

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 16, 2007, 02:12:09 AM

Why in the world would we want to sign Foster? What would he bring to this team besides another RB who gets injured a lot?

#7 : February 16, 2007, 02:35:20 AM

He would be the 2nd best pure runner on the team. I know he gets injured a lot, but with knowledge on how Bruce Allen makes contracts I know he would end up signing a deal that would either a) pay him like an average starting RB given that he performs like one (i.e. Caddy gets hurt and he rushes for 1000 yards), or b) he doesnt see the field as a primary RB but only as a compliment to Caddy and he opts out of the contract after 1 year and ends up getting paid 2-3 mil for the year he played (when you accelerate his signing bonus). Either way it's a win/win for the BUcs. Foster is a very good runner when healthy. If he got  hurt again, we still wouldnt be on the hook for his contract because as we know Allen believes in incentive laced contracts and roster bonuses and noyt su much in guaranteed signing bonus.

Michael Pittman, while Ive learned to love the guy as a role player, has the vision of a blind man. He runs hard. He is good insurance for IF Caddy gets hurt, but he has proved time and time again that he is no feature back. The Bucs could roll with Caddy, Pittman (who apparently may opt out), Foster, Graham and either Alstott or a new FB. Thats 5 RBs. And a good stable

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 16, 2007, 06:06:54 AM

As good as he is, I still say no against Mr. Glass.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#9 : February 16, 2007, 09:13:39 AM

They would be smart to cut him, they have the much better D-Will waiting in the wings.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 16, 2007, 09:24:02 AM

No! to Foster,Minter,and Mike Rucker...

No more 30+ vets on our team.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#11 : February 16, 2007, 02:24:57 PM

Why in the world would we want to sign Foster? What would he bring to this team besides another RB who gets injured a lot?

I never said that we would want to sign Foster.  I'm just reporting that he might end of getting cut.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 16, 2007, 03:34:57 PM

Foster may be worth taking a look at.  Personally, I think Caddy would do better in a true 2 back system (let's face it, Michael Pittman isn't exactly giving any defense fits).  I would have really liked to see the Bucs draft Leon Washington last year, and run him and Caddy at a 60-40 time split.  Perhaps with both Caddy and Foster, the Bucs have a chance of having a healthy back at all times...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

#13 : February 16, 2007, 03:37:49 PM

Mabe the BUcs draft Lorenzo Booker. Unlikely, but possible. Would probably be at the end of round 2

#14 : February 16, 2007, 03:45:31 PM

Actually, Pittman had a good rush avg last 3 seasons:

'04- 4.2
'05- 6.2
'06- 4.9
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Panthers Might Cut RB DeShaun Foster « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools