Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Panthers Might Cut RB DeShaun Foster « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : February 16, 2007, 03:48:31 PM

How many carries? Pittman has impressed me. I used to hate him. Now I like him a lot. I still dont like him as a rusher, outside of a few spot starts each year and 5-8 touches per game otherwise

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 16, 2007, 03:53:35 PM

Not only is Foster "Mr. Glass," he's also really overrated.  If it weren't for his 2 big games a year against the Falcons, we wouldn't even consider this guy.

Way to side-to-side for my taste.

#17 : February 16, 2007, 03:54:13 PM

'04- 219
'05- 70
'06- 50

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 16, 2007, 04:01:30 PM

Actually, Pittman had a good rush avg last 3 seasons:

'04- 4.2
'05- 6.2
'06- 4.9

Those numbers are skewed a bit by the draw plays on "x and long" downs where we ran Pittman in "obvious" passing situations

acacius

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 16, 2007, 04:04:49 PM

I'm actually pretty comfortable with the idea of Pittman spelling Caddy.  Of course, we have to actually rush enough times per game to make that matter, but I think Pittman is a very serviceable #2 back.  Would Foster be better?  More than likely (assuming he stays healthy, of course), but I think he'd be helping us more sucking up some other team's cap space in this wild and wacky cap-space-drenched offseason to come.

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 16, 2007, 05:27:18 PM

Actually, Pittman had a good rush avg last 3 seasons:

'04- 4.2
'05- 6.2
'06- 4.9

Those numbers are skewed a bit by the draw plays on "x and long" downs where we ran Pittman in "obvious" passing situations

I think it's a bit more than that though.  Pitt's never been a great rusher, but he didn't really suck rocks either.  One of his biggest issues was that he'd hit the hole too fast, he seems to be running with more patience lately.  I wouldn't worry too much about having him as Caddy's backup.

#21 : February 17, 2007, 08:49:18 AM

I was impressed towards the end of the season I actually noticed him waiting for holes to open.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 17, 2007, 09:13:04 AM

I like Foster where he is, now Rucker .... yea, he would fill a great need even for just a while.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 17, 2007, 10:49:32 AM

Bring the windex to keep him shiny!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 17, 2007, 12:49:47 PM

I'm actually pretty comfortable with the idea of Pittman spelling Caddy. Of course, we have to actually rush enough times per game to make that matter, but I think Pittman is a very serviceable #2 back. Would Foster be better? More than likely (assuming he stays healthy, of course), but I think he'd be helping us more sucking up some other team's cap space in this wild and wacky cap-space-drenched offseason to come.
Pittman is a specialty back. He is a good back in certain situations, but he is not a good back to take over at #1 in case of injury.  Foster would be a better backup in that respect.

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 17, 2007, 01:16:20 PM

I'm actually pretty comfortable with the idea of Pittman spelling Caddy. Of course, we have to actually rush enough times per game to make that matter, but I think Pittman is a very serviceable #2 back. Would Foster be better? More than likely (assuming he stays healthy, of course), but I think he'd be helping us more sucking up some other team's cap space in this wild and wacky cap-space-drenched offseason to come.
Pittman is a specialty back. He is a good back in certain situations, but he is not a good back to take over at #1 in case of injury.  Foster would be a better backup in that respect.
Until he got hurt.  We'd have to start a "dead pool" on how many plays before he was injured. 

#26 : February 19, 2007, 01:31:08 AM

Bring the windex to keep him shiny!
Nicely played.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 19, 2007, 09:55:07 AM

I think they will cut Morgan before Minter... And I think we should look at Morgan.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 19, 2007, 10:23:43 AM

no thanks to Foster

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 19, 2007, 11:46:24 AM

I think they will cut Morgan before Minter... And I think we should look at Morgan.

Really? He takes "Mr. Glass" to a new level - he's missed 40 games in 6 seasons. He's had at least 5 concussions. He was a fantastic player at Miami and a good pro (when healthy, aka almost never), but for his own sake I hope he retires. The guy has an ugly future ahead of him after all those concusssions.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Panthers Might Cut RB DeShaun Foster « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools