Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florida State Football « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

LFO

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 26, 2009, 07:19:27 PM

I agree as well.  They need to take care of their buisness in both situations.  Winning the Big East would turn these "upsets" into expectations.

Yeah, I think USF is going to be just fine.  If you look back at past posts, I actually had them before this season being #2 in the state behind UF.  So far, nothing I have seen has changed that.

USF pretty much dominated an FSU team Miami struggled to beat...and FSU likely should have won that game. 

Obviously, the Miami game will prove that...one way or the other. 

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 26, 2009, 07:26:06 PM

Our D is similar to VTs.  I think we can pressure Harris into mistakes.  At home, I like our chances.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 27, 2009, 07:46:37 PM

LOL!! Its funny how FSU fans are trying to downplay this game now. Had you won, you'd be bashing USF non-stop. Don't lie.

This is a HUGE win for the Bulls. FSU is going to lose a TON of recruits. Im not saying they will all automatically go to USF now. But FSU is in decline. There is no doubt about that. Recruits considering going to Tallahassee have to be a little hesitant. Meanwhile Leavitt will for sure be able to wiggle his way into getting some big recruits in Tampa now.

Not really downplaying anything.  FSU sucks.  Its not any big news. 

If FSU had won, I'd be shocked. 

As far as recruiting goes, I doubt it has much effect.  With even stricter scholarship limits these days, one school can't horde all the good players anymore.

One things is a shame though... UF won't give USF the respect of a home-home series.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 27, 2009, 08:09:52 PM

One things is a shame though... UF won't give USF the respect of a home-home series.

qft

LFO

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 27, 2009, 09:17:55 PM

LOL

UF has no reason to give USF a home and home.  Unless, replacing FSU with USF now that might be a good idea.  Might be a better matchup these days. 

USF will get their shot in Gainesville next year.  If they win that game, we'll talk.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 27, 2009, 09:20:39 PM

LOL

UF has no reason to give USF a home and home. Unless, replacing FSU with USF now that might be a good idea. Might be a better matchup these days.

USF will get their shot in Gainesville next year. If they win that game, we'll talk.

whatever .......  it doesn't have to be annual, but 2010 in Gainesville and say 2012 or 2013 or 2014 in Tampa isn't asking much ... hell the gators still wouldn't have to leave the state for a nonconference road game.   LOL

LFO

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 27, 2009, 09:22:31 PM

LOL

UF has no reason to give USF a home and home. Unless, replacing FSU with USF now that might be a good idea. Might be a better matchup these days.

USF will get their shot in Gainesville next year. If they win that game, we'll talk.

whatever .......

We'll see what happens.

Hey, I hope USF wins the rest of their games...and UF too...maybe we'll see it this year. 

Snook

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 28, 2009, 04:42:14 PM

LOL

UF has no reason to give USF a home and home.  Unless, replacing FSU with USF now that might be a good idea.  Might be a better matchup these days. 

USF will get their shot in Gainesville next year.  If they win that game, we'll talk.

How come other SEC schools do out of conference home-home series then?

UF hasn't traveled out of the state in DECADES to play out of conference.  I understand they've won 2 of the last 3 national titles and think they deserve to play all 12 of their games at home but you'd think they'd at least schedule a big boy out of conference once every decade or so... especially now since they have ZERO tough OOC teams (now that FSU is such a joke).

LFO

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 28, 2009, 07:40:12 PM

LOL

How come other SEC schools do out of conference home-home series then?

UF hasn't traveled out of the state in DECADES to play out of conference.  I understand they've won 2 of the last 3 national titles and think they deserve to play all 12 of their games at home but you'd think they'd at least schedule a big boy out of conference once every decade or so... especially now since they have ZERO tough OOC teams (now that FSU is such a joke).

You said it....UF does an OOC home and home with FSU.  Which is about what others do.  Last year they also added Miami.  Next year USF.  So they do add teams..only they do it with the in-state teams rather than out of state. 

You are right...I'd rather drop FSU and pick up a USC/OSU/Michigan/ND type game.  But UF has FSU as it's big game and I don't see that changing. 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 28, 2009, 07:56:15 PM

I think Florida is going to seriously look at adding USF to a more permanent schedule. A regular UF/USF game is a lot more likely than a UF/UM game IMO for political reasons (i.e. State schools are more important than Private schools, to those in charge).

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 28, 2009, 08:33:57 PM

I think Florida is going to seriously look at adding USF to a more permanent schedule. A regular UF/USF game is a lot more likely than a UF/UM game IMO for political reasons (i.e. State schools are more important than Private schools, to those in charge).

I hadn't thought of the state vs private school thing when trying to figure the rationale out of scheduling USF rather than UM but unless UF is willing to do a home and home in the future with USF it ain't going to happen ...

LFO

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 28, 2009, 08:40:25 PM

I hadn't thought of the state vs private school thing when trying to figure the rationale out of scheduling USF rather than UM but unless UF is willing to do a home and home in the future with USF it ain't going to happen ...

WHy doesn't USF do a home and home with UCF anymore? 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 28, 2009, 08:49:54 PM

And why didn't UCF honor their contract to play at UF?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 28, 2009, 08:58:10 PM

I think that is a factor. The Gov, legislature, etc. puts pressure on the Board of Regents (over budgets etc.), the BoR puts a little pressure on the Univ. Prez who puts pressure on the AD to schedule a game (and a sure sellout) that always puts money in the states pocket. There is no pressure from above for a UF/UM home and home game because every other year most of the money is NOT going in the state's pockets.

Once again, College Football is not a sport, it is a business!

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 28, 2009, 09:40:43 PM

Obviously the powers that be at USF thought it wasn't in the best interest of USF to continue it ...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florida State Football « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools