Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you be happy with this Opening Day Roster? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabingnrt

Starter

: February 16, 2007, 07:07:38 PM

How would you feel about this 53 man roster?  What do you like?  What don't you like?  And who would you rather have at key positions?

QB Jeff Garcia (Chris Simms, Bruce Gradkowski)
RB Carnell "Cadillac" Williams (Michael Pittman, Earnest Grahamn)
FB Mike Alstott (Jerald Sowell)
WR Joey Galloway (Michael Clayton, Ike Hilliard)
WR Calvin Johnson-1st (Maurice Stovall, Paris Warren)
TE Alex Smith (Anthony Becht, Doug Jolley)
T Luke Petitgout (Anthony Davis)
G Dan Buenning (Jeb Terry)
C John Wade (Kyle Young-4th)
G Davin Joseph (Sean Mahan)
T Jeremy Trueblood (Cornell Green)

DE Simeon Rice (Juliun Jenkins)
DT DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler-2nd (Ellis Wyms)
DT Chris Hovan (Jon Bradley)
DE DeWayne White (Victor Abiamiri-2nd)
LB Derrick Brooks (Peter Boulware)
LB Barrett Ruud (Shelton Quarles)
LB Ryan Nece (Wesley Mallard)
CB Ronde Barber (Alan Zemeties, Torrie Cox)
CB Nate Clements (Juran Bolden, Blue Adams)
S Brian Kelly( Will Allen)-Yes I know, I moved him to safety
S Jermaine Phillips (Eric Weddle-3rd)
K Matt Bryant
P Josh Bidwell

*You will notice some players missing like veterans Greg Spires and Kenyatta Walker.  Not quite sure that getting Clements AND Thomas is entirely realistic.  Especially since the recent slaps of franchise tags on Briggs and Samuel.

*I like the offense better with a veteran QB.  Don't worry I'm not oblivous to the fact that Jeff Garcia will stink like he did in Detroit N Cleveland if he doesn't have the proper offensive line.  I think that with the addition of Pettigout who could come at a reasonable price we would be improved.  I know many are on the Joe Thomas bangwagon but I dont see him getting by Detroit.  If Joe Thomas is there, then I would take him over CJ so you have 3 key parts of your line down pat for years to come.  Dan Buenning and Sean Mahan aren't bad either.

*I orginally had Adalius Thomas too...but that was going overboard.

#1 : February 16, 2007, 07:09:13 PM

It would be OK, but I'd rather see Thomas at DE.

#2 : February 16, 2007, 07:10:01 PM

Not bad, and realistic as well.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#3 : February 16, 2007, 07:12:05 PM

Ya know I just noticed how solid we'd be at the LB position, so yeah having Adalius at DE would make sense, but in favor of who?  I guess DeWayne White...Mix them in.

I know that if having both Thomas and Clements isn't realitic enough for ya...then get rid of Thomas.

I think that Ruud has to start this year with obviously Brooks.  Have an all-out competition for the strong side between Ryan Nece and Shelton Quarles.  Also I am fond of Peter Boulware and think he has alot to prove.  I guess the Bucs didn't think much of him however to not even offer him a vet min contract.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 16, 2007, 07:12:46 PM

Love the offense.
Adalius Thomas won't be in a Buc Uni though. He fits a 3-4 scheme alot better plus he would get no action on the Strong Side wasting $$$.Tank Tyler is ok but I rather trade up for Okoye,and Nate Clements is probably eying Cleveland or San Fran. I wish the roster was real, we'd go to the Super Bowl;unfortunatly it will not happen. I don't want any old vets on the D.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#5 : February 16, 2007, 07:13:55 PM

Ya know I just noticed how solid we'd be at the LB position, so yeah having Adalius at DE would make sense, but in favor of who?  I guess DeWayne White...Mix them in.

I know that if having both Thomas and Clements isn't realitic enough for ya...then get rid of Thomas.

I think that Ruud has to start this year with obviously Brooks.  Have an all-out competition for the strong side between Ryan Nece and Shelton Quarles.  Also I am fond of Peter Boulware and think he has alot to prove.  I guess the Bucs didn't think much of him however to not even offer him a vet min contract.
Actually I didn't see Abramiri in your first post, so I guess it would be OK to keep Adalius at LB, but on 3rd downs maybe use him along the D-line.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 16, 2007, 07:16:36 PM

Interesting.

1. Is Clayton still on the team or did Warren pass him on the depth chart?
2. I'd probably move Ronde to safety before Kelly.
3. I'm not sure I see Peter Boulware playing weakside linebacker in this scheme.
4. Adalius Thomas is going to command a large contract and strongside linebacker is just not a high priority in this scheme.
5. May as well just cut or trade Shelton if Ruud is going to be the starter.
6. I'd take Samson Satele for Kyle Young.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 16, 2007, 07:20:45 PM

If, by some miracle, we sign Jeff Garcia, Luke Petitgout, Adalius Thomas and Nate Clements, Bruce Allen deserves the NFL EOY.

Realistically, we'll be lucky to convince one of those players to come to Tampa. But it would be nice to land Petitgout, then I could probably stomach drafting CJ. But it would also give us some flexibility in the draft to target more defense too..

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 16, 2007, 07:27:16 PM

A few notes/opinions:  Tank Tyler is a NT in our system, so if he is starting, Hovan would be NT.  In that case, you should swap their backups.  I would also swap the DE backups as well.  Stovall would backup Galloway.  Weddle might start over Phillips.  I doubt we sign Boulware and Thomas; I would have Winborn, Mallard and Cash as backups.  Cut Sowell.  No late round picks make the team?

Badabingnrt

Starter

#9 : February 16, 2007, 07:29:43 PM

Interesting.

1. Is Clayton still on the team or did Warren pass him on the depth chart?
2. I'd probably move Ronde to safety before Kelly.
3. I'm not sure I see Peter Boulware playing weakside linebacker in this scheme.
4. Adalius Thomas is going to command a large contract and strongside linebacker is just not a high priority in this scheme.
5. May as well just cut or trade Shelton if Ruud is going to be the starter.
6. I'd take Samson Satele for Kyle Young.

1. Nah he's still on the team.  I have him listed right after Calvin Johnson.  I have both Galloway and CJ starting where Clayton is the slot guy.  If he plays bad enough however he could drop to #4 with Stovall or Hilliard over take him.

2. Only reason I am moving Kelly there is because I don't think he will be as good as he once was due to the injury.  That is the same injury that ended Marshall Faulk's career.  A safety doesn't have to be as quick.  Ronde Barber is a pro bowl CB, Let's keep him there.

3.  I just used Boulware for depth.  He may start the strong side, but let's not get ahead of oursevles)

4. Yeah I realized I got a little too "TYPE happy" when I had Adalius Thomas there.  And yes Red Alert that is unrealistic of me...but I dont think Clements, Petigout, and Garcia being Bucs next year.  Garcia almost came here last time.  The Bucs will definetly get one OT...whether it be Petigout, Leonard Davis(who wanted to be a Bucs coming out of college), or Romen Oben.  As for Clements, He is the guy we would have to throw the money at.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#10 : February 16, 2007, 07:33:54 PM

No late round picks make the team?

Yeah I dont know too much about who will be the late round picks...but I hope not man.  I hope we are good enough that our 6th and 7th rounders aren't on the team.  As for the 5th round, I don't know but possibly a LB or back-up RB that drops.  Maybe a Guard?

I like the initial rounds tho
1. CJ
2. Tyler and Abiarimi
3. Weddle
4. Young

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 16, 2007, 07:39:01 PM

No late round picks make the team?

Yeah I dont know too much about who will be the late round picks...but I hope not man. I hope we are good enough that our 6th and 7th rounders aren't on the team. As for the 5th round, I don't know but possibly a LB or back-up RB that drops. Maybe a Guard?

I like the initial rounds tho
1. CJ
2. Tyler and Abiarimi
3. Weddle
4. Young

With our track record in the late rounds, you are probably right.  That being the case, though, I wish we did a better job of using those late-rounders to a) acquire vets that might help the team, or b) package with other picks to help position us to grab players we really like.

STRICK9

Second String

#12 : February 16, 2007, 07:48:47 PM

You got all the guys I want except you took Tyler in Rnd 2 and I'd rather have Mebane....other than that, it's perfect. 

#13 : February 17, 2007, 03:10:33 PM

Heres mine:
QBChris Simms  (Jeff Garcia, Bruce Gradkowski)
RB Carnell "Cadillac" Williams (Michael Pittman, Earnest Grahamn)
FB Mike Alstott (Jerald Sowell)
WR Joey Galloway (Michael Clayton, Ike Hilliard)
WR Calvin Johnson-1st (Maurice Stovall, Paris Warren)
TE Alex Smith (Anthony Becht, Doug Jolley)
T Anthony davis (Torrin Tucker)
G Dan Buenning (Jeb Terry)
C John Wade (Kyle Young-4th)
G Davin Joseph (Sean Mahan)
T Kenyatta Walker (Jeremy Trueblood)

DE Dwight Freeney (Juliun Jenkins)
DT DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler-2nd (Ellis Wyms)
DT Chris Hovan (Jon Bradley)
DE DeWayne White (Victor Abiamiri-2nd)
LB Derrick Brooks (Jamie Winborn)
LB Shelton Quarles (Barret Rudd)
LB Ryan Nece (Wesley Mallard)
CB Ronde Barber (Alan Zemeties, Torrie Cox)
CB Brian Kelly (Juran Bolden, Blue Adams)
S Will Allen(Donte Nicholson)
S Jermaine Phillips (Eric Weddle-3rd)
K Matt Bryant
P Josh Bidwell

bucs1

Practice Squad
#14 : February 17, 2007, 04:40:29 PM

I don't like the fact that Kenyatta is our starting RT and there aren't enough changes made to improve our team from last year.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you be happy with this Opening Day Roster? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools