Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What about this senario? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Badabingnrt

Starter

: February 18, 2007, 03:49:46 PM

As we all know free agency can and will affect the need of teams in the draft.  We've all heard grumblings of the Bucs being interested in adding a veteran QB and that they are in the running for Donte Stallworth.

So let's say that the Bucs add QB Jeff Garcia and WR Donte Stallworth in free agency.  Or that they add a VET QB and a decent WR.

Let's assume the Raiders take Russell, the Lions take Joe Thomas, and the Browns take Peterson.  Who do we take?

QBs- Jeff Garcia, Chris Simms, Bruce Gradkowski, Luke McCown

WRs- Joey Galloway, Donte Stallworth, Michael Clayton, Maurice Stovall, Ike Hilliard, Paris Warren

I know many will say to trade down and get an extra 2nd and take Okoye.  But what if there are no suitors and we are left with a decision to go with either Quinn or CJ.  Possibly a DE, but I doubt we pass up Quinn or CJ with our offensive struggles...

Stallworth, Clayton, and Stovall are all young guys, where Garcia will be a quick 1 year fix.

#1 : February 18, 2007, 03:51:07 PM

Maybe take Quinn, or if not, take Adams.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 18, 2007, 03:53:37 PM

You take CJ and trade Donte Stallworth or Michael Clayton for extra picks.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#3 : February 18, 2007, 03:57:58 PM

And then you put down the blunt.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : February 18, 2007, 04:03:23 PM

We can probally trade our first round pick and our late second round pick for two first round picks and then draft Amobi Okoye and Adam Carriker.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 18, 2007, 04:05:05 PM

You shouldn't pass on the best player in the draft.Maybe you should put the down the chronic [banghead]

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 18, 2007, 04:05:41 PM

We can probally trade our first round pick and our late second round pick for two first round picks and then draft Amobi Okoye and Adam Karriker.
Adam Carriker

bucs1

Practice Squad
#7 : February 18, 2007, 04:11:33 PM

We can probally trade our first round pick and our late second round pick for two first round picks and then draft Amobi Okoye and Adam Karriker.
Adam Carriker

Oh thanks, I wasn't really sure how to spell his name.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 18, 2007, 04:15:10 PM

Adam Carriker

Oh thanks, I wasn't really sure how to spell his name.
good plan though I really would like to have both players.

#9 : February 18, 2007, 04:16:31 PM

You shouldn't pass on the best player in the draft.Maybe you should put the down the chronic [banghead]
We have too many needs to pick CJ IF we accquire Stallworth.

mark05

Practice Squad

#10 : February 18, 2007, 04:20:02 PM

I say take Alan Branch (as long as the bucs see the things they want at the combine), then try to take Carriker (spelling), then if available in this order Aaron Rouse, Marcus Thomas, best center available, best guard available, kick returner

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 18, 2007, 04:23:09 PM

We have too many needs to pick CJ IF we accquire Stallworth.
I agree on that but if you take CJ we could trade him to a team and good some picks. It's really hard to trade down at the #3,try to find a team to draft CJ that wants him and we could get extra picks.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 18, 2007, 04:24:51 PM

I say take Alan Branch (as long as the bucs see the things they want at the combine), then try to take Carriker (spelling), then if available in this order Aaron Rouse, Marcus Thomas, best center available, best guard available, kick returner
No to Alan Branch, he would be a nice fit for NT but Hovan couldn't play UT for his life. So Okoye would be alot better

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 18, 2007, 05:03:19 PM

You take Okoye before Adams.

#14 : February 18, 2007, 05:11:46 PM

You take Okoye before Adams.
Unless Okoye is the next Sapp (and he's not), you don't. Taking Okoye at 4 would be a waste.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What about this senario? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools