Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What about this senario? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#15 : February 18, 2007, 05:20:38 PM

Maybe take Quinn, or if not, take Adams.
You take Okoye before Adams.
why is this?  From everything I've seen Adams is higher on most boards.

#16 : February 18, 2007, 05:22:30 PM

Okoye plays a more crucial spot on our D.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 18, 2007, 05:24:55 PM

If we lose Rice, about any position on the line is crucial.  I would think we are better off getting the player that can make the biggest impact right out of the draft, which I believe is Adams.

#18 : February 18, 2007, 05:29:18 PM

Pass rushing UT > Pass rushing DEs, the latter is a dime a dozen in the second round.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 18, 2007, 05:36:14 PM

Pass rushing UT > Pass rushing DEs, the latter is a dime a dozen in the second round.
He has a good point. I believe when we had Warren Sapp and Brad Culpeper our DE was Chidi? And our D was nasty

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#20 : February 18, 2007, 05:39:05 PM

He has a good point. I believe when we had Warren Sapp and Brad Culpeper our DE was Chidi? And our D was nasty
Our DEs were Chidi and Marcus Jones.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#21 : February 18, 2007, 05:51:42 PM

Sapp > than 99% of DT that have come out the last 10 years. 

#22 : February 18, 2007, 06:10:22 PM

Sapp > than 99% of DT that have come out the last 10 years.
And that's why we need to get a guy like Okoye...

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#23 : February 18, 2007, 06:17:11 PM

Okoye is no Sapp

gone

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 18, 2007, 06:19:57 PM

why is this?  From everything I've seen Adams is higher on most boards.

Tampa-2
You need a disruptive UT.  UT>DE in this scheme.  And by comparison DE's are easier to get than UT's.  You take Okoye before Adams.  For another schem maybe Adams but not here.

#25 : February 18, 2007, 09:09:33 PM

Okoye is no Sapp
Warren Sapp is the only Warren Sapp, however Okoye would be our best pass rushing bet from the UT slot, believe it or not we have to move on, unless you said 'he's no Lee Roy Selmon' until we got Sim? Stop loving in the past.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 18, 2007, 09:36:40 PM

If we cannot get Okoye,we need to look at Glenn Dorsey DT LSU or Andre Fluellen Florida State ... one of those 2 are going to be great UT's.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#27 : February 19, 2007, 11:50:11 AM

why is this? From everything I've seen Adams is higher on most boards.

Tampa-2
You need a disruptive UT. UT>DE in this scheme. And by comparison DE's are easier to get than UT's. You take Okoye before Adams. For another schem maybe Adams but not here.

I agree, a dominant DT would be great, but we had the #1 D in 05 with an elite DE and a below average DT...just saying.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What about this senario? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools