Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There Is Still A Possibility Of Us Picking Joe Thomas... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucs1

Practice Squad
: February 18, 2007, 04:15:55 PM

because the Lions are looking to trade down.

From KFFL.com: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Lions | Team would like to trade down in NFL Draft
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 09:59:01 -0800

Tom Kowalksi, of MLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions are hoping to trade down in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft. The Lions currently hold the No. 2 overall selection in the draft.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 18, 2007, 04:27:09 PM

how much would we have to give up to get the #2 if we are 3/4?

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 18, 2007, 04:31:24 PM

Lions are in a bad spot. They don't need either Thomas (due to the deal handed to Backus) nor Calvin (due to WR being something that'd make Lions fans burn the stadium down) so anyone they want should be there a bit further down.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 18, 2007, 04:35:08 PM

I just read that the Dolphins will likely to select a QB. I see Detriot trading with Miami and they select Brady Quinn and if we are at 3 we have the choice of Joe Thomas/CJ. If CJ goes to oakland, Russell and Joe Thomas is there, Joe Thomas will be the pick.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

fanofdabucs

Second String

#4 : February 18, 2007, 05:03:55 PM

I've got news for you. If someone trades up to the number two spot it will be for Calvin Johnson o Joe Thomas.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 18, 2007, 05:16:35 PM

yeah thats true, fan.  Not necessarily good news at all.   I guess if somebody wanted to trade up for Peterson or something.  We'll see.

forbucs

Practice Squad
#6 : February 18, 2007, 05:41:17 PM

Maybe we could trade S. Rice and our pick for their pick.

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 18, 2007, 06:26:02 PM

I just read that the Dolphins will likely to select a QB. I see Detriot trading with Miami and they select Brady Quinn and if we are at 3 we have the choice of Joe Thomas/CJ. If CJ goes to oakland, Russell and Joe Thomas is there, Joe Thomas will be the pick.
Why would you trade up to #2 for Quinn?  He's gonna be there past 4...

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 18, 2007, 06:37:55 PM

Why would you trade up to #2 for Quinn? He's gonna be there past 4...

The texans pick ahead of them, they could go with Quinn their so Miami is a little nervous + they really like Quinn alot. Also Minnesota could get Quinn too.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 18, 2007, 06:49:28 PM

That would be best case scenario for sure and could happen. Worst case scenario is you have the Falcons trade down, get CJ, we lose the coin toss and the Browns opt to take JT over Peterson. I think the Browns are a sure fire lock to take Peterson and that will only solidify once he tests at the combine.

I wouldn't mind seeing someone trade down for a QB at all though, in fact I hope it happens. Get the Lions off JT and that is a good thing.

Baghead #2

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 18, 2007, 06:56:02 PM

That would be best case scenario for sure and could happen. Worst case scenario is you have the Falcons trade down, get CJ, we lose the coin toss and the Browns opt to take JT over Peterson. I think the Browns are a sure fire lock to take Peterson and that will only solidify once he tests at the combine.

I wouldn't mind seeing someone trade down for a QB at all though, in fact I hope it happens. Get the Lions off JT and that is a good thing.
yup

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#11 : February 18, 2007, 10:17:00 PM

Yea if they trade that pick we could be screwed out of Calvin and Thomas, so yea maybe we should look into that.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 19, 2007, 08:07:32 AM

Lions are in a bad spot. They don't need either Thomas (due to the deal handed to Backus) nor Calvin (due to WR being something that'd make Lions fans burn the stadium down) so anyone they want should be there a bit further down.

I really hate to get my hopes up right now.  The lies are flying fast and furious like a family reunion Bid Whist game.  You can't believe anything out there right now...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 19, 2007, 08:51:23 AM

I really hate to get my hopes up right now.  The lies are flying fast and furious like a family reunion Bid Whist game.  You can't believe anything out there right now...

Well and you get stuff like this:

POSTED 9:24 p.m. EST; UPDATED 9:58 p.m. EST, February 18, 2007

RUSSELL TO ROUND THREE?

It's highly unlikely that LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell will drop out of the upper reaches of the NFL draft.  But some league insiders regard Russell as a guy who should be taken in the third round of the draft. Prior to the Sugar Bowl, Russell wasn't widely regarded as a top-five pick.  Since shredding the Irish, however, most have presumed that Russell should be the first guy off of the board. As we've previously written, some scouts regarding Russell as another Byron Leftwich:  Big arm, limited mobility. But as we've seen time and again, even if 31 teams don't view a guy as a first-rounder, all it takes is one to say "yes".

You just never know this time of year.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 19, 2007, 08:55:49 AM

I doubt Jamarcus Russell gets by Oakland let alone the Lions,and the Browns.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There Is Still A Possibility Of Us Picking Joe Thomas... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools