Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There Is Still A Possibility Of Us Picking Joe Thomas... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 19, 2007, 09:34:36 AM

anything's freak'n possible. Everyone who thinks they know something really doesn't know anything.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 19, 2007, 09:58:37 AM

I personally like to see the mock drafts and hear what people think or speculate and then watch the draft to see who knows what they are talking about then you base your next year predictions on that.  I have to give our PR guys a lot of credit.  I've seen the cryptic ways they get info.  And believe me it's not spoon fed to them.  These boys do their homework.  So I sort of don't give a whole lot of credence to the national guys as they just aren't close enough to know any better and base their thoughts on more speculation than study.  Plus Scott and Jim are usually good for at least 3 to 4 guys picked correctly during the draft. 

That being said, all the way until draft day it's usually a crap shoot and you are hoping for the best.  Personally I feel like those Jet guys who show up every year and then gets jilted when their team picks someone you know nothing about or thinks will be a good player.  Only difference I'm cursing at the TV and computer vs showing what a maniac I am on TV...LOL

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 19, 2007, 12:13:00 PM

I can not see Bucs passing up CJ. If the Bucs get the 4th pick and CJ is there the Bucs will take the guy. If the Bucs get the third pick I can see the Bucs doing a trade with the Browns for a 1st and 2nd to assure the Browns get Quinn. Yes I think the Browns want home town hero Quinn.
The Bucs will get CJ and if some one wants CJ after we draft them then let that team open up the vault. Do you here that Minny.
I would trade CJ for Minny 1st round pick and Minny LT

#18 : February 19, 2007, 12:15:49 PM

I just read that the Dolphins will likely to select a QB. I see Detriot trading with Miami and they select Brady Quinn and if we are at 3 we have the choice of Joe Thomas/CJ. If CJ goes to oakland, Russell and Joe Thomas is there, Joe Thomas will be the pick.
Why would you trade up to #2 for Quinn? He's gonna be there past 4...

The texans pick ahead of them, they could go with Quinn their so Miami is a little nervous + they really like Quinn alot. Also Minnesota could get Quinn too.
You're right, plus, Miami was hoping Quinn would come out last year as well.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#19 : February 19, 2007, 12:18:29 PM

We will find out this weekend. Johnson runs a 4.5 and he might be there. The Raiders will draft him if he runs faster. They really like those numbers.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There Is Still A Possibility Of Us Picking Joe Thomas... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools