Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Buccaneers Are Unlikely To Sign Dewayne White « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

« : February 19, 2007, 07:56:47 PM »

Do you think that White is worth say, half of that ? Is he half the player that Grant is ?

Doesn't matter what we think, White and his agent think he will get a big payday in FA.

« #1 : February 19, 2007, 07:53:55 PM »

So, now those of you who don't want to sign White, let me ask you a question:

Do you want White back now ?

When you realize that Grant will now make the same $ 8.66 mil as Freeney will get when he's tagged, you start to understand the market for FA DEs this off-season. Do you think that White is worth say, half of that ? Is he half the player that Grant is ?

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #2 : February 18, 2007, 04:23:16 PM »

From KFFL.com: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Buccaneers | Team far apart in talks with D. White
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 11:36:06 -0800

Stephen F. Holder, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are far apart in contract talks with DL Dewayne White. The team expects him to test the free-agent market unless something changes drastically.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #3 : February 18, 2007, 04:25:38 PM »

Man, we might draft Gaines Adams now..
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Badabingnrt

Starter

« #4 : February 18, 2007, 04:26:24 PM »

ut oh.  Simeon Rice has 1 year left with this team.  Greg Spires is aging.

DeWayne White isn't nessacarily young any more, but he still is worth keeping.  He probably wants a guarenteed starting job.  I dont know I hope he stays.

Unforuntately Fresh, we might be forced to

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

« #5 : February 18, 2007, 04:29:23 PM »

he had a chance to earn a starting job and didnt

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #6 : February 18, 2007, 04:31:07 PM »

ut oh.  Simeon Rice has 1 year left with this team.  Greg Spires is aging.

DeWayne White isn't nessacarily young any more, but he still is worth keeping.  He probably wants a guarenteed starting job.  I dont know I hope he stays.

Unforuntately Fresh, we might be forced to
Not yet, Charles Grant isn't franchised yet so is Freeney. This years draft is deep in DE, Jarvis Moss, Quentin Moses,Victor Abriami,Adam Carriker,Charles Johnson, and Anthony Spencer. One of them have to be there at 35.. I either want Joe Thomas or CJ, both worthy of a #3 pick.. If your name isn't Julius Peppers or your not 6'8 and run a 4.5/4.6 you aren't worth for a #3 pick overall.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #7 : February 18, 2007, 04:32:29 PM »

That's good news since if we're "far" apart that means White thinks he's a lot better than he is and wants real money.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #8 : February 18, 2007, 04:37:18 PM »

That's good news since if we're "far" apart that means White thinks he's a lot better than he is and wants real money.

That is correct.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #9 : February 18, 2007, 04:37:56 PM »

stupid, stupid, stupid.

« #10 : February 18, 2007, 04:38:57 PM »

Yep. I still think we'll sign him because he'll see he isn't all that great and nobody is gonna give him a big deal.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #11 : February 18, 2007, 04:40:18 PM »

From St. Pete Times.com: http://www.sptimes.com/2007/02/18/Bucs/Bucs_to_focus_on_free.shtml

WHITE WANTS GREEN: It looks like Dewayne White and the Bucs are far apart in their contract talks, and unless something changes drastically, expect him to test the free-agent market.

White, 27, is expected to draw significant interest from teams looking for a playmaking defensive end. The Bucs would like to retain him given the age of their starting ends - Simeon Rice turns 33 Saturday, and Greg Spires is 32. Also, Rice is entering the last year of his contract and is due $7.25-million in base salary this fall.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #12 : February 18, 2007, 04:45:02 PM »

White, 27, is expected to draw significant interest from teams looking for a playmaking defensive end.

Why are teams looking for a playmaking DE looking at him? Like I said, if Marinelli grabs him immediately I'll re-think thatbut otherwise he didn't bring anything to us this season.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

« #13 : February 18, 2007, 05:24:32 PM »

White, 27, is expected to draw significant interest from teams looking for a playmaking defensive end.

Why are teams looking for a playmaking DE looking at him? Like I said, if Marinelli grabs him immediately I'll re-think thatbut otherwise he didn't bring anything to us this season.
He is quite sparatic.

« #14 : February 18, 2007, 05:29:39 PM »

Dewayne White is inconsistent, and at times this year lacked discipline.  He isn't worth starters money, good riddance if he thinks he is anything more than a back-up.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Buccaneers Are Unlikely To Sign Dewayne White « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools