Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Buccaneers Are Unlikely To Sign Dewayne White « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#15 : February 18, 2007, 05:30:41 PM

Dewayne White is inconsistent, and at times this year lacked discipline. He isn't worth starters money, good riddance if he thinks he is anything more than a back-up.
Tells it like it is, and I agree with all points.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 18, 2007, 05:32:30 PM

From KFFL.com: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Buccaneers | Team far apart in talks with D. White
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 11:36:06 -0800

Stephen F. Holder, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are far apart in contract talks with DL Dewayne White. The team expects him to test the free-agent market unless something changes drastically.

Well this isn't much of an update from the PR Fab 5, which predicted back on January 4th that their sense was the Bucs would let White test the waters of free agency.
http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/2786

I'm sure the St. Pete Times got their information independently from the PR info.....right?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 18, 2007, 05:34:03 PM

Wasn't he a 2nd/3rd round pick?

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 18, 2007, 05:35:46 PM

2nd round.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 18, 2007, 05:42:48 PM

Who cares.

He didn't get the job done.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 18, 2007, 05:43:38 PM

A playmaking DE White is not.  The majority of his sack numbers have come from an interior rush position.  He's a nice player that should be re signed to help fill in on a new defensive unit.  I see him as more of a Greg Spires/Steve White containment DE as opposed to a playmaking DE like Rice.  Definately a guy I'd like to keep, but not a bidding war type of guy that you over pay to keep.  I still think you'll see him a Buc again in 2007.  Let him test and set his market.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#21 : February 18, 2007, 06:19:03 PM

After what Coyer did in Denver with castoff and never-were D-linemen, I'd almost rather refill the defensive line with younger FAs and draft choices then keep Rice, Spires, and White long term.

#22 : February 18, 2007, 06:22:15 PM

I still think you'll see him a Buc again in 2007.  Let him test and set his market.

I doubt he will be back because there is a hell of a lot of cash around.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#23 : February 18, 2007, 06:24:44 PM

Rice is in the last year of his contract and he's not getting the job done.  We need some serious depth on the DL with someone to replace Rice.  I still think Adams is our best answer.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#24 : February 18, 2007, 06:25:28 PM

he had a chance to earn a starting job and didnt
Well, that's because you can't bench a 9 million dollar overrated, under performing DE.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 18, 2007, 07:07:22 PM

I had said quite some time ago that my sense was that the Bucs don't feel he's played up to his potential.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 18, 2007, 08:49:03 PM

White looks like he is very capable of taking over for Spires.  Sure, he didn't look so hot in 2006, but keep in mind that he a) was playing RDE, whn he is best suited for LDE, and b) was playing on a line with a bunch of nobodies, meaning he couldn't get the favorable matchups he was used to when teams were busy paying attention to Rice.  Now that he has starts under his belt at RDE, he is probably trying to get payed as such, when in reality he needs to play and get paid as a LDE.  Don't forget that if we re-sign White, we can cut Spires and save quite a bit of money.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 18, 2007, 08:52:12 PM

White was the only player that gave a damn about this past season.  He consistently played with a fire and made plays (eg field goal block).

White played above and beyond his potential.  If the Bucs felt he could not live up to play as a RDE they have blinders on.  Reality is White is a LDE not a RDE that has outplayed Spires the last two years and yet Spires starts ahead of him.

Who will give him money?  I will tell you.

Once all the elite pass rushers are tagged teams will be lining up to give White and any other second/third tier DE's the money.  For a team desperate for a pass rush you do not let a younger version of Greg Spires go IMVHO.  

gone

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 18, 2007, 08:54:43 PM

I'd like to keep white, but he seems intent on asking for more than he's proven he's worth.  He may well be worth what he thinks he is, but he hasn't exactly made it crystal-clear.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 18, 2007, 08:58:54 PM

White was the only player that gave a damn about this past season.  He consistently played with a fire and made plays (eg field goal block).

Consistently? You mean like that 6 games stretch with no sacks? The fact that pressure from him was totally non-existent? No, White is who he is, a rotational player.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Buccaneers Are Unlikely To Sign Dewayne White « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools