Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Buccaneers Are Unlikely To Sign Dewayne White « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 18, 2007, 09:01:57 PM

White was the only player that gave a damn about this past season. He consistently played with a fire and made plays (eg field goal block).

Consistently? You mean like that 6 games stretch with no sacks? The fact that pressure from him was totally non-existent? No, White is who he is, a rotational player.

Rice has gone 6 games without a sack.  Does that mean anything? No not really.

Pressure non existant?  Lets ask Walter Jones what he thinks about that.  White was playing out of position too!!!

The guy is a damn good starting LDE.  Such a shame Spires was given the job the last two years.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 18, 2007, 09:03:27 PM

White was the only player that gave a damn about this past season. He consistently played with a fire and made plays (eg field goal block).

Consistently? You mean like that 6 games stretch with no sacks? The fact that pressure from him was totally non-existent? No, White is who he is, a rotational player.

Rice has gone 6 games without a sack. Does that mean anything? No not really.

Pressure non existant? Lets ask Walter Jones what he thinks about that. White was playing out of position too!!!

The guy is a damn good starting LDE. Such a shame Spires was given the job the last two years.
White>Spires

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#32 : February 18, 2007, 09:09:36 PM

he still could sign, there just hasnt been that big of contract talks

its not that big of a loss anyways, he is good, but wont kill us

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 18, 2007, 09:14:13 PM

Rice has gone 6 games without a sack.  Does that mean anything? No not really.

Pressure non existant?  Lets ask Walter Jones what he thinks about that.  White was playing out of position too!!!

The guy is a damn good starting LDE.  Such a shame Spires was given the job the last two years.

Rice hasn't gone 6 games w/o  sack in the last 5 years (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4151) don't be silly and look that sort of easy to verify crap up. Jones didn't give up a sack in that game and that was part of a 1 sack in 6 game stretch for Dewayne.

I guess Rod doesn't know anything about dLine and that's why he kept Spires over white out there.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 18, 2007, 09:24:10 PM

Rice went without a sack in five straight games in 2001.  He sucks according to that logic! :D

White created presurre and gave Walter a run for his money.  He did it playing out of positon too.

Rod was giving the benefit of the doubt to Spires after he had a breakout year in 2004.  Spires headed into the year as the starter in 2005 and yet White in limited playing time put up similar numbers in 2005 as a "backup/rotational" player.   In 2006 White outplayed Spires who had looked ordinary in 2005 but Spires was handed the job.  Marinelli at that point was gone.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 18, 2007, 09:32:11 PM

This is the wrong year to let guys play the market and then plan to match it.   Its a sellers market.  They will have to overpay for White or let him go.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 18, 2007, 09:36:36 PM

This is the wrong year to let guys play the market and then plan to match it. Its a sellers market. They will have to overpay for White or let him go.

I agree 100% Itch.

I hope Freeney, Adalius, Redding, and Grant are not tagged.  Becuase if all (or most) are tagged the best DE's left on the market after that will be Chris Kelsay, Patrick Kerney (when he is cut), and Dewayne White and 32 teams will be vying for these players with loads of cap space.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 19, 2007, 09:03:47 AM

Rod was giving the benefit of the doubt to Spires after he had a breakout year in 2004.  Spires headed into the year as the starter in 2005 and yet White in limited playing time put up similar numbers in 2005 as a "backup/rotational" player.   In 2006 White outplayed Spires who had looked ordinary in 2005 but Spires was handed the job.  Marinelli at that point was gone.

Rod gave him the benefit of the doubt, Coyer isn't making a big push to keep him based on film and whoever our one year wonder at DL was didn't have him starting over Spires either. That's 3 DL coaches, plus the HC and GM that are looking at this cat and, in what is going to be an insane market, willing to let him find his market price. Wow, that's a lot of people who watched him play and saw someone who is not all that good.

I don't mind having him back but he's not much of an answer to any problem that we have other than backup DE.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 19, 2007, 09:11:08 AM

That's good news since if we're "far" apart that means White thinks he's a lot better than he is and wants real money.

exactly.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 19, 2007, 08:58:07 AM

Kerney is a FA....he doesn't have to be cut.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 19, 2007, 12:26:42 PM

ut oh.  Simeon Rice has 1 year left with this team.  Greg Spires is aging.

DeWayne White isn't nessacarily young any more, but he still is worth keeping.  He probably wants a guarenteed starting job.  I dont know I hope he stays.

Unforuntately Fresh, we might be forced to

Is 27 years old to you??.. When he was called upon he always was around the ball. Bucs need to really think this one over..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

fanofdabucs

Second String

#41 : February 19, 2007, 01:09:20 PM

BIG mistake not re-signing White. The guy is entering his prime and started to play really well towards the end of the year. If any had the Seattle game on tape go back and watch White dominate Walter Jones. Jones had no answer for White.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#42 : February 19, 2007, 01:46:08 PM

BIG mistake not re-signing White. The guy is entering his prime and started to play really well towards the end of the year. If any had the Seattle game on tape go back and watch White dominate Walter Jones. Jones had no answer for White.

Yeah, that is a big mistake, but White supposedly could not even out perform Greg Spires and win the starting LE job so I think the Bucs just see him as more of a back-up.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 19, 2007, 02:12:32 PM

Rod gave him the benefit of the doubt, Coyer isn't making a big push to keep him based on film and whoever our one year wonder at DL was didn't have him starting over Spires either. That's 3 DL coaches, plus the HC and GM that are looking at this cat and, in what is going to be an insane market, willing to let him find his market price. Wow, that's a lot of people who watched him play and saw someone who is not all that good.

I don't mind having him back but he's not much of an answer to any problem that we have other than backup DE.

Rod was only here one year when White started to outproduce or produce as much as Spires (2005).  Spires with a new contract that payed him as a starter from the 2004 season was by default the starter heading into 2005.  You do not bench Spires after giving him all that money.  Spires' 2005 campaign was dissapointing but was given another chance by Jethro to rekindle what he had in 2004 for the 2006 season.  It never materialized and White outplayed Spires throughout the year once again.  Spires went 10 games without a sack in 2006.  According to that logic he can not be good either.

Yes the market will be insane.  That is why you try to re-sign him before he hits free agency.  Contract talks are far apart becuase the Bucs probably offered him backup type money when he clearly showed he earned a starting contract as a LDE.  But the decision to give that contract to Spires a few years earlier has come back to bite the Bucs unfortunately!

White is the answer as the starting LDE and it makes no sense to let him go.  It is enough that RDE (Rice one year left on his contract), UT (Wyms future is unknown) are holes why make LDE another hole?  Spires is not the answer at LDE and I will be thouroughly dissapointed if he is starting in 2007 at LDE.  And who knows IF Spires is even on the roster for 2007?

People knock White for generating a lot of sacks on passing situations rotating inside early in his career reality is Spires did the same to earn his new contract from the 2004 season.

People said that White did not have the conditioning to be a full time starter.  This past season disproves that completely.  People said he is not good at playing the run.  He excelled against the run this past season.  Icing on the cake is he is plays on special teams and blocks field goals.

Do Dewayne White, Jeb Terry, and Alex Smith have to jump through hoola hoops to satisfy the coaches or something?  If I am Jeb Terry or White I look for another team and not look back.  What is the point in drafting these young players and letting them go when they clearly outplay the person ahead of them on the depth chart?  Might as well not draft players then.

#44 : February 19, 2007, 02:23:06 PM

Well stated ADW. It's not like they're short of cash this year. Bucs must have someone else on their radar that they think they can sign is all I can figure.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Buccaneers Are Unlikely To Sign Dewayne White « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools