Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Vikings Are Not In The Running For Jeff Garcia « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucs1

Practice Squad
: February 18, 2007, 07:01:15 PM

From RotoWorld.com: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL

Garcia not going to Vikes: The Vikings are out of the Jeff Garcia derby. While the Eagles continue to try to re-sign the QB, Minnesota could have been an interesting spot for him. He picked up Andy Reid's system quickly, which would be a plus in Brad Childress' similar system. He's a good leader and could help the Vikings' offense. The only problem is the Vikings don't appear to be interested. Aside from a couple other teams that might be looking, the Bucs would appear to be the Eagles' main competition for Garcia.

#1 : February 18, 2007, 07:02:09 PM

that could help keep his price down.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 18, 2007, 07:04:23 PM

I guess Brad Childress believe Tavaris Jackson and Brooks Bollinger can get it done.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#3 : February 18, 2007, 07:05:51 PM

that could help keep his price down.

That is a good point.  I can definitely see Garcia not re-signing with the Eagles and if nobody else is interested, we can get him cheap.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#4 : February 18, 2007, 07:12:18 PM

If Garcia thinks he can start in Tampa and will end up as a backup in Philly--it may be worth his effort to try to sign in Tampa.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 18, 2007, 07:13:45 PM

I have been out on Garcia since his name came into the fold. 37 year old guys that need a good team to carry them are out on my book. I still stand by the whole thing of being out of cap hell and wondering why in the world they would want to bring in a dinosaur, tie up 2 years of guaranteed cash (roughly 5-8 million) + salary on a guy that will give you one year at the most. Couple Garcia and simms and there is some good money that would be tied up (in the neighborhood of 10 million dollars) in practically nothing, unless simms shows he can be the guy which would negate having Garcia in the first place...

Baghead #2

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : February 18, 2007, 07:14:44 PM

You do realize our o-line will get him creamed?

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#7 : February 18, 2007, 07:15:09 PM

Because we have crap at the qb position that we have wasted money on last season.  I can stand out there for league minimum and throw passes at the opponents D-line.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#8 : February 18, 2007, 07:15:24 PM

If Garcia thinks he can start in Tampa and will end up as a backup in Philly--it may be worth his effort to try to sign in Tampa.

Yeah, but he might start the first few games with the Eagles because McNabb's injury might not be fully healed by then.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#9 : February 18, 2007, 08:24:23 PM

Garcia is not the starting qb in Philly and everyone knows it.  Philly would be dumb to pay him what he wants to possibly start a few games. He knows that Tampa may pay him as a starter and hand him the job.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#10 : February 18, 2007, 08:27:53 PM

Garcia is not the starting qb in Philly and everyone knows it. Philly would be dumb to pay him what he wants to possibly start a few games. He knows that Tampa may pay him as a starter and hand him the job.
Garcia has punked the Bucs twice to get bigger paychecks from other teams.   Pass.

#11 : February 18, 2007, 08:29:42 PM

Garcia is not the starting qb in Philly and everyone knows it. Philly would be dumb to pay him what he wants to possibly start a few games. He knows that Tampa may pay him as a starter and hand him the job.
Garcia has punked the Bucs twice to get bigger paychecks from other teams.   Pass.
Good point.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#12 : February 18, 2007, 08:43:16 PM

Garcia is also the best qb on the market to help this team out in 07 with the hopes that either we get a better qb in 08 or hoping Gradkowski can get a year of learning before taking over the team. Garica can play and help teach Gradkowski and Simms.  I think before we just didnt have the cash to pay him as a backup--now he has a shot at the starting position.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : February 18, 2007, 08:45:42 PM

Gradkowski sucks & hopefully never sees the field at Ray Jay again. He's horrible.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#14 : February 18, 2007, 08:46:40 PM

Gradkowski sucks & hopefully never sees the field at Ray Jay again. He's horrible.

He played good in a couple of games, but after that, he sucked.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Vikings Are Not In The Running For Jeff Garcia « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools