Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Vikings Are Not In The Running For Jeff Garcia « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 18, 2007, 08:47:11 PM

I think all the speculation from before was from fans and not scouts.  No one wants to shell out big money for a 37 year old QB.  Guys around that age fall off fast, so fast it could be by training camp.  I don't think teams are willing to take that risk.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#16 : February 18, 2007, 08:47:38 PM

Gradkowski sucks & hopefully never sees the field at Ray Jay again. He's horrible.

He played good in a couple of games, but after that, he sucked.
No, not even a couple!

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 18, 2007, 08:48:08 PM

There are only 2 QB's out there that are reasonably accessable that could come in and be an instant upgrade: Garcia and Plummer.  Plummer might require a pick though.  If Garcia's available for cash you grab him while you work on grooming the future. 

And don't bother listening to Karen on this -- she's 100% Chris Simms is the second coming of Montanna and Manning combined.  Her Ideal scenario is just finding a backup for Chris.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 18, 2007, 08:48:31 PM

Gradkowski sucks & hopefully never sees the field at Ray Jay again. He's horrible.

he played OK in a couple of games, which isn't saying much, anything would have been better than what Simms did for us this season..

oh, btw, after his couple of ok games, THEN he sucked .

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#19 : February 18, 2007, 08:48:36 PM

Right now our options are Gradkowski or Simms-- i'll take a 37 year old washed up qb over one of those 2.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#20 : February 18, 2007, 08:48:58 PM

No, not even a couple!

He was good in the Saints, Bengals, Eagles, and Redskins games.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 18, 2007, 08:49:40 PM

There are only 2 QB's out there that are reasonably accessable that could come in and be an instant upgrade: Garcia and Plummer. Plummer might require a pick though. If Garcia's available for cash you grab him while you work on grooming the future.

And don't bother listening to Karen on this -- she's 100% Chris Simms is the second coming of Montanna and Manning combined. Her Ideal scenario is just finding a backup for Chris.

stop the PLUMMER nonsense people, the guy blows butt!  Please, don't even consider adding him to this roster, he sucks bad!

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#22 : February 18, 2007, 08:53:23 PM

There are only 2 QB's out there that are reasonably accessable that could come in and be an instant upgrade: Garcia and Plummer. Plummer might require a pick though. If Garcia's available for cash you grab him while you work on grooming the future.

And don't bother listening to Karen on this -- she's 100% Chris Simms is the second coming of Montanna and Manning combined. Her Ideal scenario is just finding a backup for Chris.

stop the PLUMMER nonsense people, the guy blows butt! Please, don't even consider adding him to this roster, he sucks bad!
Got that right.  The guy is an interception machine with no leadership skills.  Denver put in some no name rookie in and risked not going to the playoffs because Plummer wasnt cutting it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 18, 2007, 08:58:13 PM

stop the PLUMMER nonsense people, the guy blows butt! Please, don't even consider adding him to this roster, he sucks bad!
Got that right.  The guy is an interception machine with no leadership skills.  Denver put in some no name rookie in and risked not going to the playoffs because Plummer wasnt cutting it.

He's not that bad.  And take a look at what we have here now: Simms and Grads.  Whatever you think of Jake, he's an upgrade over either of them.  He's enough of an upgrade he's walk in as starter and have to flame out like Ross Perot to lose to either.  Same with Garcia.  Carr couldn't walk in like that, although he might be a better long-term answer, but that would be a while before he was ready.

#24 : February 18, 2007, 08:59:13 PM

Cutler is not a no name rookie, he's for my money the best QB in the class.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 18, 2007, 09:00:24 PM

From RotoWorld.com: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL

Garcia not going to Vikes: The Vikings are out of the Jeff Garcia derby. While the Eagles continue to try to re-sign the QB, Minnesota could have been an interesting spot for him. He picked up Andy Reid's system quickly, which would be a plus in Brad Childress' similar system. He's a good leader and could help the Vikings' offense. The only problem is the Vikings don't appear to be interested. Aside from a couple other teams that might be looking, the Bucs would appear to be the Eagles' main competition for Garcia.

They must have some other plan because Tavaris Jackson clearly ain't it for this season. Tim Rattay?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#26 : February 18, 2007, 09:03:28 PM

They must have some other plan because Tavaris Jackson clearly ain't it for this season. Tim Rattay?

I think Rattay should he can play at this level, but did he do enough to convince anyone he is starter material.   ???  I think he will definitely get plenty of offers in FA, but mainly for back-up and depth.  Good luck to him where ever he ends up.

#27 : February 18, 2007, 09:04:25 PM

Got that right. The guy is an interception machine with no leadership skills. Denver put in some no name rookie in and risked not going to the playoffs because Plummer wasnt cutting it.

Cutler may be better than Plummer, but I think Plummer is better than Simms. I still like the idea of acquiring Carr.

#28 : February 18, 2007, 11:42:09 PM

If Garcia's available for cash you grab him while you work on grooming the future.

Agree. He's got a year or two left in the tank.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#29 : February 18, 2007, 11:52:10 PM

Got that right. The guy is an interception machine with no leadership skills. Denver put in some no name rookie in and risked not going to the playoffs because Plummer wasnt cutting it.

Cutler may be better than Plummer, but I think Plummer is better than Simms. I still like the idea of acquiring Carr.
what I dont like about Carr is he has been in a terrible offense his whole career. We already have 2 qbs on the roster that are the beginning of their careers.  We would have no one that really has any experience.  Carr would basically be starting over. I'm not so sure that it would be the best move for us.  I think a team like Packers or Washington with an older qb that is close to retirement may take on Carr in hopes he takes over in the near future.  Thats not our situation.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Vikings Are Not In The Running For Jeff Garcia « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools