Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Vikings Are Not In The Running For Jeff Garcia « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#30 : February 19, 2007, 12:20:04 AM

Got that right. The guy is an interception machine with no leadership skills. Denver put in some no name rookie in and risked not going to the playoffs because Plummer wasnt cutting it.

I like his age, 27.. his size, 6-3 230... his arm and mobility, and his obvious durability and tuffness.
Cutler may be better than Plummer, but I think Plummer is better than Simms. I still like the idea of acquiring Carr.
what I dont like about Carr is he has been in a terrible offense his whole career. We already have 2 qbs on the roster that are the beginning of their careers. We would have no one that really has any experience. Carr would basically be starting over. I'm not so sure that it would be the best move for us. I think a team like Packers or Washington with an older qb that is close to retirement may take on Carr in hopes he takes over in the near future. Thats not our situation.

T

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 19, 2007, 12:54:44 AM

If Garcia came here he'd look like he did in Cleveland and Det, the Bucs don't have the offensive talent around him to make him look good.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#32 : February 19, 2007, 12:58:35 AM

If Garcia came here he'd look like he did in Cleveland and Det, the Bucs don't have the offensive talent around him to make him look good.
Or the o-line to keep him upright.

#33 : February 19, 2007, 01:05:40 AM

what do we have that'll make any other qb successful?

#34 : February 19, 2007, 01:05:46 AM

I'd argue with a healthy Buenning and a new LT (or just AD from 05) we'd be in decent position.

#35 : February 19, 2007, 01:06:09 AM

Hope and prayers.

#36 : February 19, 2007, 01:08:29 AM

Hope and prayers.

I hope like hell they give us something to be hyped about in the coming weeks/ months.

#37 : February 19, 2007, 01:10:58 AM

Hope and prayers.

I hope like hell they give us something to be hyped about in the coming weeks/ months.
Indeed, two weeks until free agency right?

#38 : February 19, 2007, 01:23:17 AM

march 2nd. Combine this weekend... should be fun to watch.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#39 : February 19, 2007, 01:28:21 AM

Don't hold your breath.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 19, 2007, 08:46:08 AM

Click!!!!!!!!!

#41 : February 19, 2007, 12:06:04 PM

Quote from: Karen linkr=topic=5621.msg116917#msg116917 date=1171849542
Gradkowski and Simms both suck & hopefully never see the field at Ray Jay again. They're horrible.
Fixed it.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 19, 2007, 12:18:18 PM

Garcia is also the best qb on the market to help this team out in 07 with the hopes that either we get a better qb in 08 or hoping Gradkowski can get a year of learning before taking over the team. Garica can play and help teach Gradkowski and Simms. I think before we just didnt have the cash to pay him as a backup--now he has a shot at the starting position.
Karen doesn't like Gradkowski because he's Gruden's project.  But nevertheless I don't think anybody is counting on him being the future starting QB for the Bucs.  I think he has a shot to be the 3rd stringer and maybe a decent backup down the road. Maybe someday he develops enough to be a starter, but I don't think the Bucs will plan on it.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 19, 2007, 12:19:44 PM

He first of all  is 36 years old, so what if he passed on us.. Who else is there.. Garcia would be a huge pickup for us..   He turns 37 on the 24th of Feb..  This guy is in shape and the ability to move in the pocket, your line doesn't have to be all world..

Some of you are so blind..

Who knows we might get Joe Thomas, and Stallworth.. So he might not get creamed..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#44 : February 19, 2007, 01:47:47 PM

Garcia is also the best qb on the market to help this team out in 07 with the hopes that either we get a better qb in 08 or hoping Gradkowski can get a year of learning before taking over the team. Garica can play and help teach Gradkowski and Simms. I think before we just didnt have the cash to pay him as a backup--now he has a shot at the starting position.
Karen doesn't like Gradkowski because he's Gruden's project. But nevertheless I don't think anybody is counting on him being the future starting QB for the Bucs. I think he has a shot to be the 3rd stringer and maybe a decent backup down the road. Maybe someday he develops enough to be a starter, but I don't think the Bucs will plan on it.
I just think looking at 07 and 08 that we dont have many options at qb. Both Gradkowski and Simms are looking like busts, but I want to give Bruce some time because he is just a rookie. Picking up a 6th round qb--its not like anyone expected to start in 06.  I know I didnt.  I think Garcia is perfect for a short term solution until we find the long-term solution.  Even if we pick up a high qb in the draft in 08 there is no way he would be ready for the 08 season.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Vikings Are Not In The Running For Jeff Garcia « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools