Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Russell Overrated ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 19, 2007, 03:50:00 PM

He had 1 impressive game and everyone jumps on his nutsackz...

Then you clearly weren't watching him all season. 

And where the hell is this limited mobility crap comineg from?  This sounds like a scout trying to get him to drop to his team in the draft.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 19, 2007, 08:10:25 PM

And where the hell is this limited mobility crap comineg from? This sounds like a scout trying to get him to drop to his team in the draft.
I wasn't watching him the whole year,why would I watch LSU? im not an LSU fan im a Florida St fan. I seen him play a couple games and I wasn't impressed. It seems to me you have followed him all year long, which I doubt you did
I was gonna respond, but by the time I got a chance to everyone else already explained it to ya Fresh. 

Ya might want to look outside of Tallahasse more this year as well.  Russell is very good - if he becomes a buc I am good with that - I really want Joe Thomas, but I would certainly understand Russell. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 19, 2007, 04:16:58 PM

And where the hell is this limited mobility crap comineg from? This sounds like a scout trying to get him to drop to his team in the draft.
I wasn't watching him the whole year,why would I watch LSU? im not an LSU fan im a Florida St fan. I seen him play a couple games and I wasn't impressed. It seems to me you have followed him all year long, which I doubt you did

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 19, 2007, 04:59:55 PM

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#19 : February 19, 2007, 10:30:05 PM

Russell has a better arm, mechanics, and what not but is not close to the athlete Young is. Russell is big and hard to bring down but VY has much more quickness and speed.

Young just had "IT." People, wanted to criticize his motion, his smarts, whatever but bottom line is VY had IT, was a winner and a leader. I had no doubt he would succeed, much to the wrath of other posters. VY was the poster child for most to bash on here last year, but we know who got the last laugh now.

I think Russell is going to be good as well, but I am not sure he is better than VY. VY can just beat you so many different ways.

I will not make the same mistake with Russell that I did with Young. I totally underestimated the IT factor with Young. I think Russell showed just how good he can be by dismantling a very good ND team in the Sugar Bowl.

Russell and Young are close enough overall to call it a push. I'd be ecstatic if he were in Pewter and Red next season.

I think Young can hurt you in more ways than Russell, and probably was more accomplished in College.  But i do think Russell is very good in his own right, and I wouldn't mind seeing him here either. 

ND is good but not that good.  Russell probably faced 6-7 defenses better than ND this year.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 19, 2007, 10:37:53 PM

One big thing that scares me about Russell is that everything I have read says he is lazy at times so what does he do when he gets paid?  To me college is the time to bust your butt to get to the NFL then you have to bust it even more to stay, let alone play, start and dominate.  To me Quinn has had great coaching, something Russell has not had so I would go with Brady Quinn over Russell anyday.  Yeah Russell has a cannon for an arm but so did Jeff George and last I checked Joe Montana has more rings than Jeff.  Too much is made of arm strength at times.  I would rather have someone that has talent and past coaching than potential.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 19, 2007, 10:46:07 PM

I hope TB doesn't get Russell or any other QB.. If we did draft a QB it should be Quinn he would be a nice fit in the WCO
But if Joe thomas and CJ are off I rather go D

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#22 : February 19, 2007, 11:53:02 PM

i think to go from where he was viewed at the beginning of the season to where he is now he definately is overrated.now i am not saying he will not pan out or even do well.but if he was so great where was all this hype from before the season or even during the season.i am not that impressed with him as much as some guys but that is why i am not making those kind of decisions or getting paid too.i do not always listen to scouts anyway.take him for what he is.a overhyped young man about to be a millionare.now will he live up to all this hype we will see.

edwamil83

Starter
#23 : February 20, 2007, 12:47:05 AM

Here's why I would be wary of Russell. His worst games we're against the toughest Ds he faced, team that had NFL speed all over the field, like Florida, Tennessee and Auburn. But, with that said he did show up on the biggest stage he played on.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#24 : February 20, 2007, 01:13:40 PM

LOL @ the Guy saying Russell is overrated but advocates QUINN.  Quinn may be the most overrated just as ND was all season.   He sonsistently didn't show up against good competetion. 

And what is this lazy stuff?  Everything I have seen and heard says Russell is very coachable and willing and eager to learn.  DOn't know where the laziness factors in with that.

I feel like I am having deja vu from last year with VY and everyone bashing him saying he was dumb and overrated and would be a bust.

Russell can flat out play, and he proved it throughout his career.  If he were lazy I doubt he would have gotten better as time went on.  As for coaching, Jimbo Fisher is known as one of the better coaches in CFB so I don't see where he hasn't had good coaching either.  Sometimes I wonder where some people get there information or if they just pull out whatever best supports their current argument.

#25 : February 20, 2007, 01:30:55 PM

russell is a top 20 pick at worst

the pft guy is a joke. he takes  half stories and rpuns with them. I bet his "source" just had the discussion that Russell boosted himself to a top 5 pick based solely on his bowl game. that i agree with an dmakes sense. so the pft guy just runs with it so he can make his story.

"is russell a bust?!?!" 

"will;l the sky fall?

"is the world ending tomorrow, i had a fly in my coffee bhis m morning!?!?"

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#26 : February 20, 2007, 03:39:40 PM

I hope TB doesn't get Russell or any other QB.. If we did draft a QB it should be Quinn he would be a nice fit in the WCO

You call Russell overrated and you want Quinn?

Lets see...
Russell doesn't have the level of QB coaching Quinn has yet he shows up against the defenses of the SEC.
Quinn gets coal to diamond magician Charlie Wiess and he disappoints againsts non creampuff teams.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 20, 2007, 06:28:00 PM

Russell doesn't have the level of QB coaching Quinn has yet he shows up against the defenses of the SEC.
Quinn gets coal to diamond magician Charlie Wiess and he disappoints againsts non creampuff teams.
LOL @ the Guy saying Russell is overrated but advocates QUINN. Quinn may be the most overrated just as ND was all season. He sonsistently didn't show up against good competetion.

And what is this lazy stuff? Everything I have seen and heard says Russell is very coachable and willing and eager to learn. DOn't know where the laziness factors in with that.

I feel like I am having deja vu from last year with VY and everyone bashing him saying he was dumb and overrated and would be a bust.

Russell can flat out play, and he proved it throughout his career. If he were lazy I doubt he would have gotten better as time went on. As for coaching, Jimbo Fisher is known as one of the better coaches in CFB so I don't see where he hasn't had good coaching either. Sometimes I wonder where some people get there information or if they just pull out whatever best supports their current argument.
I can tell you 2 WR that are projected to go 1st and 2nd round from LSU...Here we go
Dwayne Bowe and Craig Davis
Can you give me 2 WR's currnely in this years draft at Notre Dame that is expected to fall in rounds 1-2???

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#28 : February 20, 2007, 07:02:37 PM

Well, had Samardzija not commited to baseball, he would have been one of the top WRs taken in the draft. And McKnight is projected in the same area as LSU's Davis.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 20, 2007, 07:05:21 PM

Well, had Samardzija not commited to baseball, he would have been one of the top WRs taken in the draft. And McKnight is projected in the same area as LSU's Davis.

Okay, whos WR crop was better? Actually Smardizija wasn't a 1st rounder, he was a 2nd rounder. McKnight is not getting drafted in the 2nd round let alone 3rd, Davis is getting drafted in the 2nd round/3rd round.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Russell Overrated ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools