Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One of the few rights we can still preserve « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: September 30, 2009, 06:22:56 PM

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court says it will take up a challenge to Chicago's ban on handguns, opening the way for a ruling that could set off a vigorous new campaign to roll back state and local gun controls across the nation.

Victory for gun-rights proponents in the Chicago case is considered likely, even by supporters of gun control, in the latest battle in the nation's long and often bitter dispute over the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. A ruling against the city's outright ban could lead to legal challenges to less-restrictive laws across the country that limit who can own guns, whether firearms must be registered and how they should be stored.

The case is to be argued early next year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090930/ap_on_go_su_co/us_supreme_court_guns

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : September 30, 2009, 06:45:26 PM

guns need to be registed in the same manner as automobiles, imo

spartan

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 30, 2009, 07:11:26 PM

When I first came to America I wasn't a huge fan of gun ownership. I thought, and still do to a degree, that a civilized society really did not need to own firearms. Since then I have come to appreciate the role of the Constitution a lot more and realized that the only thing guns laws do is remove firearms from law abiding citizens. Those who do most damage with firearms, i.e. the bad guys, will be little effected by any gun control laws. There is also the reality of it. If America banned all firearms tomorrow, how are they going to get them all out the houses, farms and streets. It is simply impractical.

Plus I like going to range every once in a while. It's fun.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One of the few rights we can still preserve « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools