Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rice's value................. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« : February 19, 2007, 11:16:09 PM »

yeah,this years draft is deep at DE as talent wise..I hope we don't draft a DE with the 3/4 pick. Jarvis Moss,Charles Johnson,Quentin Moses,Adam Carriker,Anthony Spencer,Victor Abirami,and Tim Crowder. Someone has to be there at 35...

It wouldn't surprise me to see 5 or 6 DEs go in the 1st round.
Well at least if that happens...someone has to slip rather it be Michael Griffin,Okoye,or Jon Beason. I cannot wait till draft day

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

« #1 : February 19, 2007, 11:17:32 PM »

i think unless we need the cap space why trade him.he is bound to have a better year due to the fact that he will be a free agent.plus i think he is too valuable to leave now.so we can replace him with what a rookie?or maybe a 2nd rate player.he is a pro bowler for a reason.even at his age he can still generate some pressure.so getting rid of him makes no sense.besides what guarantee is there that a rookie can step in from day one and be as good as he is.i say none.now if they get one and prove me wrong then fine.i say keep him and add some help.whether that is bringing back d.white.or maybe bringing back d.white and drafting a dt that can actually do some damage.whatever they do getting rid of rice at any price for any reason now would just be foolish.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #2 : February 19, 2007, 11:07:40 PM »

yeah,this years draft is deep at DE as talent wise..I hope we don't draft a DE with the 3/4 pick. Jarvis Moss,Charles Johnson,Quentin Moses,Adam Carriker,Anthony Spencer,Victor Abirami,and Tim Crowder. Someone has to be there at 35...

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

« #3 : February 19, 2007, 08:33:47 PM »

Now that Grant is making around $ 8.66 mil and the DE market is almost dried up, Rice's value has to have shot way up. Look's like he is going to make less than the average of the top 5 DEs.

Keep him or trade him ?

« #4 : February 19, 2007, 08:34:59 PM »

trade him duhhhhhh he isnt worth the money and get a DE in the draft and re-sign white no matter what

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #5 : February 19, 2007, 08:35:31 PM »

I agree.   With the upcoming increases in salaries due to the increased salary cap, Rice's salary doesn't look so huge anymore.   Keep him.

« #6 : February 19, 2007, 08:36:29 PM »

trade him duhhhhhh he isnt worth the money and get a DE in the draft and re-sign white no matter what

What if the Bucs drafted 1 DT and 2 DEs ? (edit- may be a wise investment as this draft is deep with DEs)

gone

Hall of Famer
« #7 : February 19, 2007, 08:37:26 PM »

Trade him now or get nothing for him later.  Used wisely the pick gives you his replacement, only younger and cheaper.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #8 : February 19, 2007, 08:38:13 PM »

Rice's salary is finally in line with the rest of the top DE's in the league.  Unfortunately he has one year left on it.

Either extend him or trade him.  His value is sky rocketing as we speak given with the way the events are unfolding (still crossing my fingers that Redding will not be tagged)with all the top pass rushers being tagged.  But for that very same reason I think Rice will be retained as a result.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #9 : February 19, 2007, 08:40:41 PM »

If we could get an early mid 2nd rounder for him, we could grab Adams rd 1 and M Thomas round two.  I'd rather not have our top pick be on Adams without someone at DT.

« #10 : February 19, 2007, 08:44:47 PM »

Rice's salary is finally in line with the rest of the top DE's in the league.  Unfortunately he has one year left on it.

Either extend him or trade him.  His value is sky rocketing as we speak given with the way the events are unfolding (still crossing my fingers that Redding will not be tagged)with all the top pass rushers being tagged.  But for that very same reason I think Rice will be retained as a result.

Took awhile to get there too ! My how quickly things can change.  :)

Wasn't Redding already tagged ? I was pulling for him for some time now but I think he's no longer an option. Now that was a slick move by Detroit; tagging him as a DT saved them around $ 2mil !

The good news is that all these guys that are being tagged will be available next year.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #11 : February 19, 2007, 08:46:05 PM »

Seems to me that Rice's value is with us now.  If you think White wanted too much money before all the people got tagged, there's no telling what he'll want now. 

« #12 : February 19, 2007, 08:47:57 PM »

Trade him for second or third round pick  and get  Jay Moore DE | (6'4", 275, 4.77) | NEBRASKA in the second round

« #13 : February 19, 2007, 08:49:19 PM »

Things have changed, think bigger.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #14 : February 19, 2007, 08:52:08 PM »

Seems to me that Rice's value is with us now. If you think White wanted too much money before all the people got tagged, there's no telling what he'll want now.

That is the problem.  

You may have no choice but to keep him becuase you have no one else.  But if you can not extend him becuase he may be asking for insane money do you let him play out the rest of his contract (one year left)?  In that case you may be forced to trade him.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rice's value................. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools