Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Anyone Else... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mennoman

Second String
: February 20, 2007, 09:25:07 PM

getting depressed over all of the potential FA's that are being franchised/re-signed?  Holy cow, when will it end?  I guess March 1st at 11:59.  It seems that every player mentioned as a Bucs target is off the market [banghead]

#1 : February 20, 2007, 09:27:39 PM

getting depressed over all of the potential FA's that are being franchised/re-signed? Holy cow, when will it end? I guess March 1st at 11:59. It seems that every player mentioned as a Bucs target is off the market [banghead]

I saw this coming months ago, so it isn't depressing.  With all the money out there and very few quality players due to be FAs, it was obvious hardly any would make it to March 1st.  That is why I have pretty much stayed away from the FA threads for the last few months.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#2 : February 20, 2007, 09:29:09 PM

getting depressed over all of the potential FA's that are being franchised/re-signed? Holy cow, when will it end? I guess March 1st at 11:59. It seems that every player mentioned as a Bucs target is off the market [banghead]

I saw this coming months ago, so it isn't depressing. With all the money out there and very few quality players due to be FAs, it was obvious hardly any would make it to March 1st. That is why I have pretty much stayed away from the FA threads for the last few months.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 20, 2007, 09:29:24 PM

Adailous Thomas,Cory Redding,Eric Steinbach,Mike Gandy,Cato June,Nate Clements and Luke Petitgout.
If we cannot get 1 of them I will get depressed... [banghead]

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#4 : February 20, 2007, 09:33:32 PM

Adailous Thomas,Cory Redding,Eric Steinbach,Mike Gandy,Cato June,Nate Clements and Luke Petitgout.

Leonard Davis is starting to look like a blue chip FA.   :o

We need to be a little more creative in FA and the draft.  Maybe sign a guy like Leonard, and then trade a late pick for a player like Jerry Porter.   That would open the door to trading down a little on draft day and taking 4 defenseive players in the first two rounds.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 20, 2007, 09:36:01 PM

Leonard Davis is starting to look like a blue chip FA.   :o

We need to be a little more creative in FA and the draft.  Maybe sign a guy like Leonard, and then trade a late pick for a player like Jerry Porter.   That would open the door to trading down a little on draft day and taking 4 defenseive players in the first two rounds.
Yeah, right now I would be happy with Leonard Davis and Jerry Porter

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : February 20, 2007, 09:36:40 PM

Jerry freaking Porter???

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 20, 2007, 09:36:54 PM

I'm not depressed whatsoever.  I am watching the competition blow their salary cap 8.6 mil at a clip.  It will be fine - did not want to spend a ton on a few or even several older elite players.  Want to fill in some blanks with mid level talent and find a NFL caliber qb to run this team.  That will likely get done as so many continue with looney tune spending.  Here's hoping every damn team in the NFL franchises their DEs.  Get a couple of DEs in the draft and get a great selection for the rest of the needs of this team.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#8 : February 20, 2007, 09:39:09 PM

Jerry freaking Porter???

Why not?  Gruden and Allen drafted him, he is 28 years old, so he is in his prime, and his contract is only $1 million a year through 2009.

We need to improve and our options are limited.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 20, 2007, 09:42:31 PM

getting depressed over all of the potential FA's that are being franchised/re-signed?

Not really. The Bucs have their targets, and they knew pretty well who was going to get tagged or potentially tagged.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 20, 2007, 09:43:25 PM

Jerry freaking Porter???
Why not? Gruden and Allen drafted him, he is 28 years old, so he is in his prime, and his contract is only $1 million a year through 2009.  We need to improve and our options are limited.

I would agree MJS.  Not like he is gonna spend years here, just add depth while the rebuilding goes along.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#11 : February 20, 2007, 09:44:22 PM

getting depressed over all of the potential FA's that are being franchised/re-signed?

Not really. The Bucs have their targets, and they knew pretty well who was going to get tagged or potentially tagged.

true DTG.  It may be news to some around here, but the Buccs FO will have known what is going on around the NFL with negotiations etc.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#12 : February 20, 2007, 09:57:15 PM

The one player I am upset about is Charles Grant. I was really hoping we would make a big push for him and I thought he could help us out a lot. Unfortunately, he was franchised.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 20, 2007, 10:04:05 PM

It just further shows you HAVE to take care of business in the draft, because teams don't let impact players go if they don't have to.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 20, 2007, 10:06:59 PM

There are plenty of guys out there.  Success isn't one player away, it's several. 

We have a fair amount of spots that could stand improvement, and there are still guys that can improve them.  It may end up better that we get a big crop of small improvements rather than breaking the bank on one stud.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Anyone Else... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools