Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Anyone Else... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

leeroyselmon07

Starter

#15 : February 20, 2007, 10:57:36 PM

Yes I swear by the moon and the stars at night all the free agents I thought the bucs might get a chance at are gone

leeroyselmon07

Starter

#16 : February 20, 2007, 10:58:12 PM

Sorry about the moon and the stars thing that is kind of G_Y!

#17 : February 20, 2007, 10:59:31 PM

Sorry about the moon and the stars thing that is kind of G_Y!

Don't apologise, you gotta just be yourself dude.   :P

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#18 : February 20, 2007, 11:10:35 PM

I don't know why anyone is surprised at any of these so far. None of these guys are Charlie Garner or Todd Steussie, so this front office didn't even have an eye on them.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#19 : February 20, 2007, 11:18:12 PM

I don't know why anyone is surprised at any of these so far. None of these guys are Charlie Garner or Todd Steussie, so this front office didn't even have an eye on them.
Not even Stinchcomb.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#20 : February 20, 2007, 11:23:05 PM

Not even Stinchcomb.
Thats too bad I was hoping we were going to overpay for a guy with bad knees that was clearly out of gas. Hmm I wonder if Jamal Lewis will be available.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#21 : February 20, 2007, 11:32:38 PM

The positive side is that a lot of these guys who are getting tagged probably won't sign long term deals, and a few might not even sign their tenders. We should have a shot at some of these guys in 08', and that would be better timing for us anyway to be honest as we would have another year to get the rest of the pieces in place to make a Lance Briggs or Freeney feel like they are walking into a winning situation.

#22 : February 21, 2007, 02:27:53 AM

There are plenty of guys out there.  Success isn't one player away, it's several. 

We have a fair amount of spots that could stand improvement, and there are still guys that can improve them.  It may end up better that we get a big crop of small improvements rather than breaking the bank on one stud.

Agree caradoc and there will be some good players available after the cap cuts.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 21, 2007, 02:29:46 AM

Good post Caradoc.

2goodbucs

Starter
#24 : February 21, 2007, 07:39:33 AM

I'm still kind of upset with the Ian Gold situation let alone the Thomas Jones and Brian Griese. Who's the next one we will let go and regret? Dewayne White? Argh!

BucLord

Starter

#25 : February 21, 2007, 07:52:39 AM

Jerry freaking Porter???

Why not? Gruden and Allen drafted him, he is 28 years old, so he is in his prime, and his contract is only $1 million a year through 2009.

We need to improve and our options are limited.

Jerry Porters not a FA. We can fix this mess through the draft. Plus, lets not all forget the 53 man cut down, every year there are surprise cuts and a couple good players that are available after the required 53 man cut date, sometimes even before then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

#26 : February 21, 2007, 09:02:54 AM

Jerry freaking Porter???

Why not? Gruden and Allen drafted him, he is 28 years old, so he is in his prime, and his contract is only $1 million a year through 2009.

We need to improve and our options are limited.

Jerry Porters not a FA.

Maybe you should read the entire thread.   ;)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 21, 2007, 09:15:13 AM

There are plenty of guys out there.  Success isn't one player away, it's several. 

We have a fair amount of spots that could stand improvement, and there are still guys that can improve them.  It may end up better that we get a big crop of small improvements rather than breaking the bank on one stud.

Guys like Drew Brees make headlines but very few players of his talent year to year ever escape into FA. Most of what is FA is making the "little" moves that make you better. Name all the big time players NE signed - they signed a lot of guys but not a lot of "Holy crap now we're going to the SB!" type guys? PIT has never signed a "name" in FA I can recall.  PHL traded for TO so their biggest FA is Kearse over the span of several years. IND obviously doesn't do a whole lot in FA and that is 4 of your better teams over the last 5 years. They do a great job of getting their own, keeping their own and then filling in the cracks around those core players.

If we can make the right small moves and upgrade the interior OL, safety spots, maybe TE then we'll have done a fair bit to upgrade what can be upgraded in FA and then let the draft be where we find our core guys we can franchise 4-5 years from now.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 21, 2007, 09:34:57 AM

Davis is looking real good, also trading a pick for porter is not a bad idea or even giveing Ashliy Lelie a good look

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#29 : February 21, 2007, 03:08:33 PM

i am not to unhappy or happy.it sucks that some of the guys we would have been drooling over are gone.but too me it has it's moments also.i agree some of the competition for other players have already shot have of their wad on one guy.while the crop has weakened a bit and is kind of watered down there are some good players out there to be had.if we can just add say a safety,linebacker,maybe a de or dt then; the draft will be be able to provide us atleast 5 good players also.all i know is that this year's team will be better than last year's for sure.at this point i am still jazzed and cannot wait to see the combine.it seems to be taking forever to get here.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Anyone Else... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools