Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Replace Mike Alstott with Michael Bush « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : February 21, 2007, 03:49:58 PM

I like Leonard, but I want Bush as a HB, not FB. I think there is enough value nowadays in a tandem backfield in the NFL (especially in Gruden's offense) that Bush would be a great value pick in round 2. I still think FB would need to be addressed

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 21, 2007, 04:31:55 PM

I like Leonard, but I want Bush as a HB, not FB. I think there is enough value nowadays in a tandem backfield in the NFL (especially in Gruden's offense) that Bush would be a great value pick in round 2. I still think FB would need to be addressed
That is what makes Leonard a GREAT value pick.  HE can play FB, because he is an exceptional blocker, and he can catch out of the backfield.  Plus, he is a decent runner, with great burst at the line...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 21, 2007, 04:36:51 PM

That is what makes Leonard a GREAT value pick. HE can play FB, because he is an exceptional blocker, and he can catch out of the backfield. Plus, he is a decent runner, with great burst at the line...
From everything I've gathered he doesn't want to be a pro fullback which is why he has dropped his weight so much. I want to say he's about 215 pounds now.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 21, 2007, 04:37:47 PM

No to Bush, we don't even run it enough for Caddy. Looks likes Justin Griffth won't be playing for ATL next year, I hope we can get him when FA starts.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 21, 2007, 04:40:01 PM

That is what makes Leonard a GREAT value pick. HE can play FB, because he is an exceptional blocker, and he can catch out of the backfield. Plus, he is a decent runner, with great burst at the line...
From everything I've gathered he doesn't want to be a pro fullback which is why he has dropped his weight so much. I want to say he's about 215 pounds now.
He said he was 225ish.  And the fact that he can line up in front, and either get the snap, or lead block willingly, makes him a great pick.

SCLOBERNOCKER47

Practice Squad

#20 : February 21, 2007, 04:56:25 PM

Hell, Michael Bush may have been the 1st RB taken in the draft had he not got injured. If

WHAT?!?!
Bush couldnt even breathe the same air as Peterson. No way he woulda been the #1 back, injury or no.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#21 : February 21, 2007, 05:23:11 PM

I was thinking of Bush more along the lines of a Alstott type hybrid.  His running style is more Bettis and Stephen Davis than Alstott but if he's versital enough to play a little fullback, he would be a nice weapon.   I just think Bush would be a great value pick in mid to late second round.

If that Bucs want to use a tandem backfield I would think they would lean more towards Booker.

#22 : February 21, 2007, 05:53:59 PM

What's the name of the young man in bama....I'd take him in maybe the 3rd or so!
LE RON McCLAIN.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Replace Mike Alstott with Michael Bush « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools