Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well Guys...I guess I was wrong! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Grudens_Flame

Second String

: February 21, 2007, 03:13:00 PM

If sorry arse P. Kerney can get paid 9 mil with the Fran Tag why wouldn't we hit White with the Tran tag knowing he won't sign it (because he wants to be assured he'll start)...but when he signs a deal with another team we'll at least have the option to match it. What do you think? Even if he accepts he'll only cost us around 7 mil.

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

#1 : February 21, 2007, 03:13:59 PM

If sorry arse P. Kerney can get paid 9 mil with the Fran Tag why wouldn't we hit White with the Tran tag knowing he won't sign it (because he wants to be assured he'll start)...but when he signs a deal with another team we'll at least have the option to match it. What do you think? Even if he accepts he'll only cost us around 7 mil.

PASS

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 21, 2007, 03:14:27 PM

Not sure if White is worth all that much money, but the Bucs should throw him a reasonable tender.  If not, he goes away and becomes some other teams bankroll problem down the road...

Shag

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 21, 2007, 03:14:59 PM

Just get a couple of DE's on day 1.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#4 : February 21, 2007, 03:15:09 PM

The "poison pill" issue has not been sorted out yet, making the transition tag worthless. All the other team has to do is add a caveat in White's contract that is impossible for the Bucs to match and he's gone without compensation.

SCLOBERNOCKER47

Practice Squad

#5 : February 21, 2007, 03:18:56 PM

No way. White aint worth tag money.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 21, 2007, 03:20:49 PM

bad idea-- White isnt worth it

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 21, 2007, 03:22:35 PM

The "poison pill" issue has not been sorted out yet, making the transition tag worthless. All the other team has to do is add a caveat in White's contract that is impossible for the Bucs to match and he's gone without compensation.

This is the problem, you can't use the transition tag because it is too easy to craft a deal that can't be matched.

Plus, does anyone really think he's a top 10 DE in terms of compensation?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 21, 2007, 03:24:10 PM

"only" $7 mil? that's the same amount that's got everybody pushing simeon rice out of tampa, and rice is twice the player white is.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 21, 2007, 03:24:48 PM

This thread is bogus first it ask for ladies then it asks for Guys I am now officialy Sexualy confused

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 21, 2007, 03:26:55 PM

This thread is bogus first it ask for ladies then it asks for Guys I am now officialy Sexualy confused
Forget bogus its ridiculous

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 21, 2007, 04:22:57 PM

My sense is the Bucs staff don't think White is worth starter's money much less anything more.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 21, 2007, 04:25:33 PM

My sense is the Bucs staff don't think White is worth starter's money much less anything more.

Does he have issues other than on the field production? Is there more to what they don't like than the product on the field with him?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 21, 2007, 04:30:37 PM

Does he have issues other than on the field production? Is there more to what they don't like than the product on the field with him?

At the end of the day, it seems to come down to they think he should be much farther along at this stage than he is. They expected him to have won a starting job at this point, and he simply hasn't.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 21, 2007, 04:43:43 PM

7 Million, no way..

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well Guys...I guess I was wrong! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools