Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well Guys...I guess I was wrong! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : February 21, 2007, 06:42:02 PM

If sorry arse P. Kerney can get paid 9 mil with the Fran Tag why wouldn't we hit White with the Tran tag knowing he won't sign it (because he wants to be assured he'll start)...but when he signs a deal with another team we'll at least have the option to match it. What do you think? Even if he accepts he'll only cost us around 7 mil.

"only" $7 mil? that's the same amount that's got everybody pushing simeon rice out of tampa, and rice is twice the player white is.
Rice cap hit is more than that.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 21, 2007, 07:22:45 PM

nope

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 21, 2007, 08:08:54 PM

Not as crazy as it sounds.  It's only a one year commitment and there will be room under the cap this year with the FA market being so slim.  Can't save the cap room for next year so might as well keep a need player like White around and see if he is worth giving a long term deal to.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 21, 2007, 08:34:53 PM

I think D. White is worth about 3 million a year at best.   7 million a year for that guy would be a joke.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 21, 2007, 08:54:59 PM

White is worth what the market will bring.  He won't bring that much.  3 Mil a year is a good guess.  Maybe a couple bucks more but not much.

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#20 : February 22, 2007, 02:56:18 PM

White is worth what the market will bring. He won't bring that much. 3 Mil a year is a good guess. Maybe a couple bucks more but not much.

Yes you're right. but with the surplus of funds we have this year and the limited good free agents out there...do you think 7 mil for 1 year is a worthwhile sacrifice to keep him with us? His market value we truly be determined once he signs with another team! Keep in mind we get that cap room back next season if we were to Tran tag him. I still think it's a good idea!

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 22, 2007, 03:04:06 PM

Yes you're right. but with the surplus of funds we have this year and the limited good free agents out there...do you think 7 mil for 1 year is a worthwhile sacrifice to keep him with us?

No, and apparently neither does the Bucs staff.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#22 : February 22, 2007, 03:05:50 PM

White is worth what the market will bring. He won't bring that much. 3 Mil a year is a good guess. Maybe a couple bucks more but not much.

Yes you're right. but with the surplus of funds we have this year and the limited good free agents out there...do you think 7 mil for 1 year is a worthwhile sacrifice to keep him with us? His market value we truly be determined once he signs with another team! Keep in mind we get that cap room back next season if we were to Tran tag him. I still think it's a good idea!

You must have missed the posts about the 'poison pill' issue. While we could match any regular offer, an offer with a poison pill or stipulation within a contract would make it impossible for the Bucs to match the offer. Just look at the Chad Hutchison and Nate Robinson fiascos for examples. Transition tags are dead in the water right now because the league and NFLPA haven't agreed to a way to prevent teams from doing it.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 22, 2007, 03:14:37 PM

To further on Cerious' comments:

Team X could sign White to a 10 year 100m contract with 9 years @ $2m per year and an $82m final year salary. Now, we might think about matching that because we just cut his butt after year 9 BUT Team X can put a poison pill in that says he White plays more than 6 games in the state of Florida any year of the contract the entire deal becomes guarnateed. Then there's no way we can match the deal.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#24 : February 22, 2007, 06:21:00 PM

To further on Cerious' comments:

Team X could sign White to a 10 year 100m contract with 9 years @ $2m per year and an $82m final year salary. Now, we might think about matching that because we just cut his butt after year 9 BUT Team X can put a poison pill in that says he White plays more than 6 games in the state of Florida any year of the contract the entire deal becomes guarnateed. Then there's no way we can match the deal.

That's nuts! I guess I'm on board now...the NFL has got to change that.

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well Guys...I guess I was wrong! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools