Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adalius Thomas will not be franchised « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: February 21, 2007, 04:05:16 PM

John Clayton said on NFL Live that Adalius Thomas' agent doesnt believe he will be franchised before the deadline tomomrrow

This has always been, and is still the best option for teh Bucs at DE

#1 : February 21, 2007, 04:07:48 PM

on NFLN last nite, they were talkin about the Patriots making a run at him.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 21, 2007, 04:08:33 PM

But is he a DE?  He's got outstanding size for an OLB which allowed him to dominate, but physically he's just an average DE.

#3 : February 21, 2007, 04:08:48 PM

AHHHHH Puck the Fatriots already!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 21, 2007, 04:09:17 PM

This guy is older, not so sure if he is in the best interests of the Bucs.  They are more than 1 piece away...they are about 5 or 6 pieces away right now...

Not saying he isn't a tremendous athlete, but saying he has miles on him.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#5 : February 21, 2007, 04:09:26 PM

3 words

San Francisco 49ers.

They've got 37.5 Million under the cap and an owner willing to spend it. We can't compete with them money-wise. Since they've lost Asante Samuel and I'm not sure how agressively they'll pursue Clements, you can almost guarantee Thomas goes to San Fran.

#6 : February 21, 2007, 04:10:52 PM

But is he a DE?  He's got outstanding size for an OLB which allowed him to dominate, but physically he's just an average DE.

Physically he is in the same league as Demarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman. He's bigger than Simeon Rice by 20 lbs and he runs almost as fast. He is an incredible athlete. I think he owuld be a great LB for the BUcs also

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 21, 2007, 04:11:36 PM

3 words

San Francisco 49ers.

They've got 37.5 Million under the cap and an owner willing to spend it. We can't compete with them money-wise. Since they've lost Asante Samuel and I'm not sure how agressively they'll pursue Clements, you can almost guarantee Thomas goes to San Fran.
Maybe not.  They are in a youth movement as well...

That is why I can see the Pats taking him first.  They have the money, and are a few pieces away from being a serious contender again (not that they aren't every year for some odd reason).

#8 : February 21, 2007, 04:12:53 PM

3 words

San Francisco 49ers.

They've got 37.5 Million under the cap and an owner willing to spend it.

Do you realize when we cut Simeon Rice, Greg Spires, and restructure Shelton Quarles we will have about 37 mil in cap space and an owner willing to spend it? btgw, the 49ers have been notorious the past few years for being chepa and NEVER spending money in FA and always having money left over under the cap room. Just like the Packers. So until thhey show me they are going to spend 40 mil, I will be skeptical

#9 : February 21, 2007, 04:14:58 PM

3 words

San Francisco 49ers.

Since when has John York been willing to spend any money?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 21, 2007, 04:17:43 PM

I want him, hes good... He probably won't come here due to the fact we play cover 2 which he would proably play DE and he doesn't want to play DE..He will want some heavy dough..

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 21, 2007, 04:18:23 PM

Thomas has said he wants to play in a 3-4 system. i think he'd be a spiffy DE for us and maybe if we show him the money he'd rethink his alignment preferences.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 21, 2007, 04:20:02 PM

3 words

San Francisco 49ers.

Also Mike Nolan is his former coach in Baltimore and supposedly loves him. He's a lot better fit for that defense than Tampa's.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 21, 2007, 04:28:04 PM

But is he a DE?  He's got outstanding size for an OLB which allowed him to dominate, but physically he's just an average DE.

Physically he is in the same league as Demarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman. He's bigger than Simeon Rice by 20 lbs and he runs almost as fast. He is an incredible athlete. I think he owuld be a great LB for the BUcs also

That's fine if we want to use him as a linebacker.  We know he can play there.  I just don't want to shell out a bunch of cash hoping he's a fulltime DE.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 21, 2007, 04:51:49 PM

get this guy and worry about fitting him in latter
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adalius Thomas will not be franchised « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools