Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the D-line in such need, why are we .... « previous next »
Page: 1

richbucsfan

Starter

: February 21, 2007, 04:50:28 PM

even considering a wide out?  Makes no sense to me.  If we can't get an experienced D-lineman, then I think we should pick the best D-tackle or end available.  Any thoughts?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 21, 2007, 04:51:45 PM

Wyms is solid enough to start...He had 5 sacks this year, he played hurt and played well..

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 21, 2007, 05:05:54 PM

If you have the 3rd or 4th pick and the best player is still on the board you take him. CJ should be taken if he is there. If we have to keep him great we have a probable world class reciever.
If we trade him we just might get a #1 pick trade for him. Which in my mind would be 2 1st round picks and 1 second round pick
If we draft a DL player. I don't think we could get that kind of value in this draft.

Mellow

Starter

#3 : February 21, 2007, 05:58:54 PM

I disagree.  Everyone's raving about CJ but when the dust settles I'm not sure he's really going to prove to be one of the top 5 players in this draft.  It's just too damn hard to predict who will be a star and who won't, and given that all the guys carry a pretty similar grade in the top 10 (95-99 on some scales) I'd be inclined just to pick one that fills a need. 

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 21, 2007, 06:01:18 PM

Don't believe in BPA.

Never have.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 21, 2007, 06:29:53 PM

Don't believe in BPA.

Never have.

You should believe in tiers, not BPA. BPA is dumb. There are gonna be a group of players that share similar if not the same grades. You always want to take a player from your highest tier but within that tier you will almost always have a "need" guy.

BPA says if you have Adrian Peterson graded a 99, and Calvin, Quinn, Russell, Thomas and Adams a 98 you take Peterson. Tiering says you group all of them and take the most valuable player for you at that pick.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 21, 2007, 06:43:48 PM

i really hope we just trade down and get some D-line help

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 21, 2007, 06:50:12 PM

I hope we trade down to. However I think CJ would give us great trade potential with other teams that want him

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 21, 2007, 08:11:18 PM

Because our Offense was worse then our defense.

140BPM

Practice Squad

#9 : February 21, 2007, 08:27:56 PM

even considering a wide out?  Makes no sense to me.  If we can't get an experienced D-lineman, then I think we should pick the best D-tackle or end available.  Any thoughts?

There aren't any D-linemen available worthy of a 3rd or 4th pick.

vipmark

Starter
#10 : February 21, 2007, 08:44:33 PM

I'm hoping Coach Coyer will be good enough to make our need for a new DL less desperate.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 21, 2007, 08:51:19 PM

Lets not pull of "the cleveland browns" when they took Cortney Brown over NFL MVP LT.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 21, 2007, 09:14:06 PM

The Bucs don't believe in BPA, but they don't believe in targetting one position either.  If there was a DE worthy of the 3rd/4th pick I think they would probably take him. 

1) Guys like Carriker and Akoye on the radar from the Senior Bowl
2) None of those top picks is from the Senior Bowl
3) My gut is right now that CJ and Thomas will go 1-2 anyway.
4)  WRs who will be available later on.
For those reasons I think when I make my final prediction I'm going to predict a trade down, but its too early for that right now.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 22, 2007, 02:10:18 AM

Gaines Adams. 

Unless Joe Thomas slips past Detroit, I would like to see him in Pewter, creating a pass rush worth a damn...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 22, 2007, 08:48:49 AM

Gaines Adams. 

Unless Joe Thomas slips past Detroit, I would like to see him in Pewter, creating a pass rush worth a damn...

I'm with you on that, Thomas and then Adams then, well everyone else.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the D-line in such need, why are we .... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools