Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading up for another 1st rounder « previous next »
Page: 1

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« : February 21, 2007, 08:37:10 PM »

Say we take Joe Thomas/CJ/Russell/ whoever! Would you trade both 2nd rounders back into the first round..maybe a pick in the 20's?
If Reggie Nelson/Adam Carriker/Amboi Okoye could slip that far, I would do it.

Discuss

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

« #1 : February 21, 2007, 08:39:24 PM »

no use it to our advantage and trade rice to lions and have two 2nd round picks in the first five in the 2nd round and also have the last one in the round as well

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #2 : February 21, 2007, 08:40:51 PM »

no use it to our advantage and trade rice to lions and have two 2nd round picks in the first five in the 2nd round and also have the last one in the round as well
The lions aren't going to give up pick #34 for a 33 year old DE.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #3 : February 21, 2007, 08:44:54 PM »

I don't think we would get that far into the round and I doubt Carriker would fall, but I imagine if Carriker started sliding the Bucs would seriously try to do that deal.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #4 : February 21, 2007, 08:45:29 PM »

How about a 34 year-old DE and a 5th?

I seriously doubt we get into the High second for Rice, but somewhere between 10 and 20 is reasonable.  For all the Adams people, having that pick would let us draft him and pull Thomas too (no way Thomas lasts to 2b)

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #5 : February 21, 2007, 08:51:52 PM »

Why not? According to the band of Merry Rice crotch nuzzlers, he's the best DE in the league!!!

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #6 : February 22, 2007, 02:36:39 PM »

We can only trade both of our second round picks for a 24th overall pick in the first round.  I wouldn't mind doing it if Omobi Okoye or Adam Carriker were there at that spot.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #7 : February 22, 2007, 02:49:32 PM »

Why can we only get the 24th pick?

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #8 : February 22, 2007, 02:50:55 PM »

I wouldn't do it unless we somehow aquired another second round pick. There's plenty of talent to be had at the top of the second round. with this draft only being 7-8 'elite' players deep, trading into the first round doesn't get you a higher calibur player than what you could have had at the top of the second and you still have to pay him first round money. Not to mention you'd be losing an extra pick.

I also wouldn't trade Rice even if I could get a 2nd for him. the reason being is we're trying to draft a DE to make our OL better and hopefully replace Spires. Trading Rice only compounds the situation. Yes, the FO was consideringtradinghim but that was before all of the Top DEs got franchised. So now you have to draft a DE to be the future edge rusher while trying to maintain some type of depth on the DL.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #9 : February 22, 2007, 03:33:33 PM »

If we could get another 2nd round pick I think washington would jump at the idea of trading their 6th pick for 3 2nd round pick because after their first round pick they don't pick again until the 5th round

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #10 : February 22, 2007, 03:35:02 PM »

If we could get another 2nd round pick I think washington would jump at the idea of trading their 6th pick for 3 2nd round pick because after their first round pick they don't pick again until the 5th round
Nah.  They will stay pat.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #11 : February 22, 2007, 03:37:01 PM »

Why can we only get the 24th pick?

Because of the trade value of our two second round picks combined equals the 24th overall pick in the first round.  That's probally as high as we can get.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading up for another 1st rounder « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools