Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Jets Release C Trey Teague and RB Kevin Barlow « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucs1

Practice Squad
: February 21, 2007, 09:15:33 PM

From KFFL.com: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Jets | Teague released
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:07:27 -0800

The New York Jets announced OL Trey Teague has been released from the team.

Jets | Barlow released
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:05:13 -0800

The New York Jets announced RB Kevan Barlow has been released from the team.

I doubt that the Bucs would pick up Kevin Barlow, but how about Trey Teague.  He seems like he would be a great center.  I think that the only reason that they released him was because of Nick Mangold's emergence as a great center this season.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 21, 2007, 09:19:09 PM

we do need a center

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#2 : February 21, 2007, 09:25:14 PM

I saw this earlier. He had an ankle problem IIRC and he got beat out by Mangold. Other that that, all I know is he was durable for the Bills.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 21, 2007, 09:26:30 PM

Barlow could be a good pickup for the Bucs. He would fit the backup RB role that we need and allow us to use our draft picks elsewhere.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 21, 2007, 09:37:01 PM

Tell us more about Teague.  We need a C more than RB...

JC510

Practice Squad

#5 : February 21, 2007, 09:49:46 PM

Teague and Wade are about equal.

#6 : February 21, 2007, 10:09:57 PM

Barlow? Hell no!!! He can't even win the job on a jet team looking for a rb.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 22, 2007, 12:08:49 AM

Barlow better than Pittman LOL
Barlow better than Graham LOL
Barlow better than Alstott ABSOLUTELY
Barlow bette than Leon Washington - NOT
Barlow better than Cedric Houston - NOT
Barlow better get used to unemployment

da49erfan

Starter

#8 : February 22, 2007, 12:19:17 AM

Barlow better than Pittman LOL
Barlow better than Graham LOL
Barlow better than Alstott ABSOLUTELY
Barlow bette than Leon Washington - NOT
Barlow better than Cedric Houston - NOT
Barlow better get used to unemployment
LOL. the unemployment part is so true.

talk about never living up to their potential. he had so much up side after hearst was released from the niners. key word there: had.

bluetick

Practice Squad

#9 : February 22, 2007, 09:13:21 AM

We need competion at center. Bring in Teague at vet minimum. Have him fight Mahan, Wade, Clinkscale (fresh off extra PT in Europe) for the job. GET RID OF THE LOSERS!!!! Cutting Wade would save some cap space.....Shaun O'Hara is an option, but would demad more $$$. I expect us to draft heavily onDefense now that the Free Agent market is drying. Most of the guys left out there are on Offense. I think Gruden will want (Demand) that some new names on offense get brought in. I'm thinking Oline & TE.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 22, 2007, 09:16:59 AM

Teague would be interesting.  He is exactly the low-brow type signing that is needed....

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 22, 2007, 09:21:49 AM

He's about the same guy that Wade is. In fact, they are both taller (6'5") centers who have trouble getting low for leverage on shorter DT's. He's certainly worth a look because you can throw him and Wade into the mix and see who is better and have a good depth situation.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 22, 2007, 09:55:52 AM

I'd definitely be interested in Teague from from what I've gathered Barlow is a major primadonna with an attitude that doesn't support his game.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 22, 2007, 12:16:47 PM

I've heard the same thing about Barlow as well - he's a clubhouse problem. Teague? The more competition at C, the better as far as I'm concerned.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 22, 2007, 12:36:04 PM

Before making any rash decisions I would like to know more why he was cut.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Jets Release C Trey Teague and RB Kevin Barlow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools