Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greg Peterson article « previous next »
Page: 1

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
: October 23, 2007, 10:17:59 AM

They should have paid Simeon 7.5 million to coach one player?  Seem a little much too me...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 23, 2007, 10:13:48 AM

To put the blame squarely on Gaines is absurd.

The ENTIRE front four looks like crap, IMO.  Not one of them has the speed rushing skills that Gaines has (or has in waiting).  The Bucs should have kept Simeon around to coach him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 23, 2007, 08:23:16 AM

Peterson=Wyms=Haye

Sorry but the guy will not be anything special, he isn't a good run stopper.
You know that from the large handful of snaps he's played do you?
He's too small to be an elite player. Guys like Wyms have the burst but not the size. The truly great ones have the size and speed. It's extremely rare elite defensive tackles slip through the cracks like that. Sapp, Harris, Stroud, Henderson, Seymour, Kevin Williams, Rodgers, etc. were all 1st (and occasionally 2nd) round picks from big programs.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 23, 2007, 06:58:06 AM

Peterson=Wyms=Haye

You know that from the large handful of snaps he's played do you?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 23, 2007, 06:21:51 AM

Peterson=Wyms=Haye

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 23, 2007, 03:33:06 AM

Maybe Peterson....but Adams ...are you serious...that guys a coward...hes the rebirth of ERIC CURRY.

#6 : October 23, 2007, 03:39:29 AM

Maybe Peterson....but Adams ...are you serious...that guys a coward...hes the rebirth of ERIC CURRY.

So far I agree. We have not Gained anything from Gaines  :)

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 23, 2007, 12:01:31 AM

Greg Peterson spends his days working in the Land of the Giants, butting heads, elbows, knees and any other body part he needs to survive against the biggest and strongest men in the wide world of sports.

As a defensive lineman for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the former East Duplin star makes his money in a sport so physical that the average career of the men who play along the front lines in the NFL is less than 3 years.

http://www.jdnews.com/sports/peterson_52746___article.html/home_down.html

BucNasty24

Second String

#8 : October 23, 2007, 12:28:36 AM

I think Peterson has a lot of upside, and he definitely has the work ethic to become a solid NFL player.  I actually met him at training camp this summer and he seemed like a really nice guy.  IMO we need to get him some more playing time.  In a very limited role hes impressed me a lot.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 23, 2007, 12:37:07 AM

It would be nice to see Greg and Gaines be complements on this D-line for years to come...the next Sapp and Simeon.  ;D
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greg Peterson article « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools