Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Booger Traded « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Pewterdaze

Practice Squad

#75 : October 17, 2006, 06:41:31 PM

Indy fans are absolutely estatic that they got him...they think that Booger is the missing piece of the puzzle ;)

spartan

Hall of Famer
#76 : October 17, 2006, 06:52:22 PM

If I am to be 100% honest I think that Booger is a good player but he is a sidekick and not a superhero. If he is slotted with someone who can give him space and room I think he can be as good as he was when Sapp was here. Lets face it, he was pretty damned good when paired with Sapp, but as soon as he became the starring role and commanded much more attention he wasn't up to the job. Unfortunately that is something that you cannot foresee ahead of time. Not knowing the Indy front line I can't say if this will be a good fit for him or not, but he may just be going to a good gig and the Indy fans may well be right. Look at it from this perspective, Tony D built up a pretty good D for us did he not? I would think that he knows what he is doing and probably thinks he can pair Booger up with someone that will maximize his skills. In short I wouldn't diss Booger too much right now but wait and see. With that said, he was doing diddly squat for us so it isn't a bad move from our perspective.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#77 : October 17, 2006, 06:55:59 PM

Just turned on the TV and caught the end of the Booger report. The anchor called him one of the top DT's on one of the top defenses in the league for the past 7 years. How does no one else in the world know that Booger is overrated?

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#78 : October 17, 2006, 07:16:41 PM

the national media doesn't dig that deep.  check out the espn article that calls Booger one of the best run stuffers in the league.  this despite the fact that his tackle numbers are anually among the lowest in the NFL for DTs. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2629943

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#79 : October 17, 2006, 07:32:34 PM

Damn, we got more than a bag of chips for him, a second rounder no less. More to rebuild with, this is great!

Orangegone1

Starter

#80 : October 17, 2006, 08:46:20 PM

they are tight against the cap so it may be harder for them to sign Freeney now with Boogers 5 mil contract.
I think Simon is almost 7M towards the cap next year. Manning signed the 7 yr deal for 98M. That deal probably will escalate. They better win this year because they may be strapped next year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#81 : October 17, 2006, 09:01:04 PM

http://colts.scout.com/2/580455.html

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#82 : October 17, 2006, 09:23:13 PM

http://mb20.scout.com/fcoltsfrm4.showMessage?topicID=6582.topic

They will soon enough KNOW what kind of crap they are getting.  The guy is a joke!

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Booger Traded « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools