Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS TRADE DT McFARLAND TO INDY FOR 2ND-ROUND PICK « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: October 17, 2006, 05:11:57 PM

PewterReport.com is reporting that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have traded former first-round pick DT Anthony "Booger" McFarland to Indianapolis for a second-round pick. McFarland has been a huge disappointment this year for the Bucs and had just 13 tackles through five games. Stay tuned to PewterReport.com for more details.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 17, 2006, 05:14:09 PM

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually think Booger will do well up in Indianapolis. The sore spot on that team is defense. I think Dungy will get the most out of McFarland in Indianapolis.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 17, 2006, 05:16:36 PM

as i said on another thread, playing between freeney and brock will make him look a little better than an aging rice and spires have.

#3 : October 17, 2006, 05:17:18 PM

What are the cap ramifications?

frankbuc

Second String
#4 : October 17, 2006, 05:17:35 PM

2nd round...good deal

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 17, 2006, 05:18:01 PM

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually think Booger will do well up in Indianapolis.

I speak for the majority.....WHO CARES.   :P :D ;D

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 17, 2006, 05:18:07 PM

He may do well.   Sometimes when you get traded that wakes you up.  Plus he won't have to worry about that busy golfing schedule up there.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 17, 2006, 05:18:29 PM

Yeah, I think he'll probably play better in Indy.  Not great, but better.  This is probably going to be something of a win-win for both teams, although hopefully not TOO win for Indy.  :)

#8 : October 17, 2006, 05:19:00 PM

WOO, nice job Allen

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 17, 2006, 05:19:16 PM

I speak for the majority.....WHO CARES.   :P :D ;D

I'm just saying that there are many people who are saying Booger didn't produce in Tampa in recent times. He absolutely didn't produce in Tampa recently, but I think he will produce up there.

#10 : October 17, 2006, 05:21:15 PM

The Colts need help stopping the run. Booger will provide that. They have 2 pro bowl caliber DEs. LEGIT pass rushers. Not Simeon Rice. If the COlts go far this year it was probably worth it. They cant stop the run and Booger is good against the run, they just shored up the biggest weakness on an undefeated team.

Geez Reynolds, you're only 7 minutes late breaking the news. Whats the deal!? ;)

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 17, 2006, 05:22:13 PM

I'm just saying that there are many people who are saying Booger didn't produce in Tampa in recent times. He absolutely didn't produce in Tampa recently, but I think he will produce up there.

I agree that he will look better in Indy, but him being gone is worth anything, even a 5th rounder, so a 2nd rounder is beautiful.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 17, 2006, 05:22:52 PM

Pulling your chain Bro.

WILLBLEE

Starter

#13 : October 17, 2006, 05:23:47 PM

Farewell Booger Mac!
But, did he manage to take his impressive stats with him? ???

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 17, 2006, 05:25:40 PM

I think everyone knew this was coming and I do wish him well up there in Indy. I think he'll do OK there. He's probably welcoming the change if he's honest with himself because he has been getting a lot of heat from the fans -- and deservedly so. Glad Bucs could get a 2nd rounder for him. He definitely needed to go here as he has woefully underperformed -- when he's been able to stay healthy, that is. Scott, what are you going to have to talk about on the radio now?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS TRADE DT McFARLAND TO INDY FOR 2ND-ROUND PICK « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools