Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whats the worst thing about Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
: November 16, 2009, 11:41:40 PM

Being inaccurate?

or

Fumbling problems?

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 16, 2009, 11:43:32 PM

Who's to say those fumbles aren't a result of Faine on hard counts?

He's a rookie with jitters, his time will come...

As for his accuracy, he's just recently getting 1st team reps and timing prob isn't right...

Every pass I've seen thrown to Stovall has been money, and it just so happens Stovall was 3rd team reps...

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 16, 2009, 11:45:18 PM

Who's to say those fumbles aren't a result of Faine on hard counts?

Then another option is

Bad Center-QB Exchange

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 16, 2009, 11:49:17 PM

The worse thing is that he is a rookie with only 2 starts under his belt. Ask again in a few years when he has had some experience.

Bash

Practice Squad

#4 : November 16, 2009, 11:53:35 PM

Well, thus far, the fumbling problems are the worst. Fortunately, that's the easiest thing to clean up. I don't get the impression that Freeman will ever be a consistent 60-65% passer, but that he'll be the guy who will get large chunks of yardage and who will be able to take the team down the field when necessary. Sort of like Doug Williams at his best.

He can be inaccurate and win using that formula--it's a problem if he starts throwing a lot of INTs (legitimate INTS). The fumbling problem will go away.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 16, 2009, 11:59:15 PM

Accuracy. Unlike everything else (there's not much to gripe about IMO) he has a history of poor accuracy. So who knows if he'll ever consistently get above 60%. It can become a problem if we continue to run some variant of the WCO. Thus far it hasn't been that bad; he's only missed on a few open receivers.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 17, 2009, 12:07:55 AM

the night before the game on nflnetwork they were showing tape of free vs GB and where breaking down film on how he hold the ball while in the pocket that he is going to get striped alot sure enough it happend the next day... But if thats the only problem he has as a rookie im happy

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 17, 2009, 12:12:03 AM

the night before the game on nflnetwork they were showing tape of free vs GB and where breaking down film on how he hold the ball while in the pocket that he is going to get striped alot sure enough it happend the next day... But if thats the only problem he has as a rookie im happy
So does Roethlisberger...

Sorry, I may have misunderstood you...

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 17, 2009, 12:16:32 AM

Why be negative?   I just want to see him grow into a great NFL QB.  Its exciting.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 17, 2009, 12:27:48 AM

Good question.

I think accuracy is the worst thing simply because becoming accurate will take a lot more time and practice than learning about holding onto the ball IMO. I feel like the fumbles will diminish rather quickly as opposed to the inaccuracy. Thats not to say that Freeman's inaccuracy is THAT BAD. He's nice with the ball... but he can and will get better.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 17, 2009, 12:33:51 AM

I think he's getting exposed to elite talent at center for the first time in his career - and he's just not used to it?

Under center exchange is pretty darn difficult - think about it - 6' 6" QB taking a snap from a 6' 3" really SQUATTING, much shorter center.

Now - did anyone see Faine's shotgun snaps? WOW! Dude puts an unreal spin on his snap that hits the QB "laces out" every time!

Could be that those practice reps during TC and pre-season - would've been really helpful right about now...

So we're going to go through the "get to know me" stage...between our franchise center and our franchise QB and whether anyone likes it or not...it's got to happen. Until they work this out there will be more issues.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 17, 2009, 12:55:14 AM

Being inaccurate?

or

Fumbling problems?

I think Freeman has done a fine job for a rookie who was "to raw" to start this season. Guy gives us a playmaker at QB, something I haven't seen on this team in a LONG LONG time. I don't feel your hatred for him is justified. 4th-quarter-Freeman has been fairly impressive in his intial two starts. Crown him? No of course not, but there has been A LOT of  good.

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#12 : November 17, 2009, 01:12:57 AM

Whats the worst thing about the Buccaneer fan base??

a) NavyBuc51

b) Javabuc

c) luke99

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 17, 2009, 01:20:42 AM

a) NavyBuc51

b) Javabuc

c) luke99
+1

However, I will defend Java...

I have come down on him pretty hard this season, but I understand he's upset with his team just like the rest of us...

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 17, 2009, 02:24:26 AM

a) NavyBuc51

b) Javabuc

c) luke99
+1

However, I will defend Java...

I have come down on him pretty hard this season, but I understand he's upset with his team just like the rest of us...

I could throw SEVERAL more names in there....

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whats the worst thing about Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools