Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whats the worst thing about Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

burger40

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 17, 2009, 04:19:18 AM

the fumble where he was stripped as he run up toward the LOS would've happend to any scrambling QB like Garcia or Big Ben...you can't tuck the ball at that point since you are looking to find a guy to quickly throw it to. as his internal clock gets better this will improve.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 17, 2009, 04:57:46 AM

However, I will defend Java...

I have come down on him pretty hard this season, but I understand he's upset with his team just like the rest of us...

Thanks for that.  :)

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#17 : November 17, 2009, 05:18:19 AM

Whats the worst thing about the Buccaneer fan base??

a) NavyBuc51

b) Javabuc

c) luke99

add me to that list, because we are the only one's tha I see that just really don't care about Freeman too much...

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#18 : November 17, 2009, 05:44:27 AM

He'll fix the fumbling problems, but he's never going to complete a high percentage of his passes.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#19 : November 17, 2009, 06:10:41 AM

The way he slurps his soup in a restaurant or how he talks during the main feature at a theatre

tampabay-alltheway

Rookie

#20 : November 17, 2009, 07:16:05 AM

Agreed with what was said before, Faines a vet..and Freeman is two games deep into his NFL career. Fumbling problems are numerous but should cease with time. The inaccuracy comes with not knowing the routes/plays, and jitters that he may get hit. once he gets rocked and gets up and finds he can hack it in the nfl. hes goin to be pure..

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 17, 2009, 07:43:55 AM

too much Soul Glo???

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 17, 2009, 07:58:25 AM

Who's to say those fumbles aren't a result of Faine on hard counts?

He's a rookie with jitters, his time will come...

As for his accuracy, he's just recently getting 1st team reps and timing prob isn't right...

Every pass I've seen thrown to Stovall has been money, and it just so happens Stovall was 3rd team reps...

I know I'll get lambasted for saying this but I tend to get the veteran center the benefit of the doubt...The kid is doing much better than anyone suspected.  Let's not put him under a microscope and start blaming others for his faults.  He's a rookie.  Those things happen when you have a Rookie under center.  There's no good or bad to that.  It's just what it is...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 17, 2009, 09:10:10 AM

Freeman's biggest problem is "POCKET PRESENCE".    This is usually a problem with Type B individuals.  They just tend to process information slower than type A individuals.    Hope this is correctable.

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#24 : November 17, 2009, 09:12:35 AM

Freeman's biggest problem is "POCKET PRESENCE".    This is usually a problem with Type B individuals.  They just tend to process information slower than type A individuals.    Hope this is correctable.
Holy crap are you kidding me?

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 17, 2009, 09:18:40 AM

Holy crap are you kidding me?

Nope..  He is completely unaware of the time clock to release the ball and pass rushers looking to strip the ball.  I expect him to get stripped often by Pass Rushers throughout the season unless he learns to make quicker decisions. I might add there also seems to be a problem with reading defenses and understanding there are other receivers other than the primary.

Derrick Ward was wide open .  Instead he threw into Winslow who had three defenders around him.  Hit the open receiver.  Recognize the coverage.

#26 : November 17, 2009, 09:21:28 AM

I wouldn't say it's presence.

I do believe he's got to read defenses quicker, but that will come with time.

That also contributes to him waiting for receivers to get open... and increasing the likelyhood of the ball getting stripped.

All will be good given some time.   This kid is learning at light speed and exceeding most peoples expectations.   

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 17, 2009, 09:37:15 AM

It's the fumbles.  He hasn't been as inaccurate as his completion percentage suggests.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 17, 2009, 09:41:23 AM

He shows touch on a lot of passes which separates himself from Lefty, but it also can lead to a lot of INT's.  I understand why he is lobbing some passes such that allowing the receiver to make a play on the ball.  But I think he has too much confidence in Clayton and Stovall. I commend Freeman for that. :D

Runole

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 17, 2009, 09:42:00 AM

I wouldn't say it's presence.

That also contributes to him waiting for receivers to get open... and increasing the likelyhood of the ball getting stripped.

All will be good given some time.   This kid is learning at light speed and exceeding most peoples expectations.  

Maybe maybe not. At this point in time he is not reading defenses at all.  Call it a sense of awareness.  Just not sure he has it.

He has all the intangibles:   Mobility,  Size ( can make all the throws), and seems intelligent.  He just seems very slow in reaction and recognition to me.

Explanation:   Some QB's are just very quick decision makers and analyzers and perhaps it is just Freeman learning to adjust to the speed of the game.  If he can do that everything will be fine.  He seems to suffer from the same problems Leftwich has in holding on to the ball too long though he has a much better release than Leftwich and is much more accurate.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whats the worst thing about Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools