Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whats the worst thing about Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 17, 2009, 09:43:32 AM

It's his WR's. Hands down.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#31 : November 17, 2009, 09:45:24 AM

He put a lot of balls up for grabs in the 3rd quarter Sunday. I can think of 3 passes specifically that he forced (2 to Clayton  and 1 to Winslow) that should have been picked. Hopefully that isn't going to be the book on him, like it was Favre, that he'll throw you a couple each game. Other than that, and the fumbles, I'm very happy with his game.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 17, 2009, 11:30:59 AM

Freeman's biggest problem is "POCKET PRESENCE".    This is usually a problem with Type B individuals.  They just tend to process information slower than type A individuals.    Hope this is correctable.
Holy crap are you kidding me?

Nope..  He is completely unaware of the time clock to release the ball and pass rushers looking to strip the ball.  I expect him to get stripped often by Pass Rushers throughout the season unless he learns to make quicker decisions. I might add there also seems to be a problem with reading defenses and understanding there are other receivers other than the primary.

Derrick Ward was wide open .  Instead he threw into Winslow who had three defenders around him.  Hit the open receiver.  Recognize the coverage.
What a joke!

Pocket presence is there, just look at last weeks tape. This week against Miami may be due to crowd noise. I was at the game and that crowd was incredibly loud. My voice is gone from trying to out scream those Fins fans around me.

Away + Loud stadium + Rookie + 2nd start = Jitters

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 17, 2009, 11:31:35 AM

Freeman's biggest problem is "POCKET PRESENCE". This is usually a problem with Type B individuals. They just tend to process information slower than type A individuals. Hope this is correctable.

Nonsense.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 17, 2009, 11:35:47 AM

His pocket pressence was good in the Miami game as well. It is difficult to stick in the pocket when the Oline is getting blown up. In the second half he looked very good. This theory that he doesn't progress through his receivers is just incorrect. He makes his progressions, look closer at the games. Anyone who says he doesn't have pocket pressence is obviously not watching the games. As far as his problems, the fumbling needs to be corrected, I think it will.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 17, 2009, 11:37:12 AM

He shows touch on a lot of passes which separates himself from Lefty, but it also can lead to a lot of INT's. I understand why he is lobbing some passes such that allowing the receiver to make a play on the ball. But I think he has too much confidence in Clayton and Stovall. I commend Freeman for that. :D

I think he has confidence in himself AND the receivers. IMO, this is a great thing.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 17, 2009, 11:46:00 AM

i love the fact that on a Bucs board we are talking about the worst thing about our new rookie QB...who has surpassed 99.9% expectations so far.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 17, 2009, 11:47:35 AM

It's not an us thing it is a Navybuc thing.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 17, 2009, 11:55:10 AM

Good points all, but his main problem is that he isn't JUICED going into the game.  Too laid back til 4th quarter.  He needs a cold shower before the game.  5 hour energy drink.  Slap upside his head.  And told that it isn't fair for the D to do all the work in the first three Qs.
Seems like his attention isn't there at the beginning.  He said so himself last week. 

Maybe somebody needs to dis his mom or something at the beginning of the games....lol

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 17, 2009, 11:56:51 AM

Not a big fan of his slow starts. I think his decision making and ability to read coverage needs to be faster.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 17, 2009, 11:58:15 AM

He shows touch on a lot of passes which separates himself from Lefty, but it also can lead to a lot of INT's. I understand why he is lobbing some passes such that allowing the receiver to make a play on the ball. But I think he has too much confidence in Clayton and Stovall. I commend Freeman for that. :D

I think he has confidence in himself AND the receivers. IMO, this is a great thing.

Right now he's feathered a few passes in where the WR is open. In college those DB's don't close the gap so you can poof it out there but in the NFL he needs to learn to throw with some more force because the DB's will catch up - and I think that light shall come on for him.

I'd like to see the offense adjust a bit more for his arm strength. More of those 15 yard outs and deep in's where he can cut loose and not worry about touch so much. He has the big arm let's use that weapons and not be content with the same offense that worked for all the previous noodle arms we had here.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 17, 2009, 11:58:43 AM

Freeman's biggest problem is "POCKET PRESENCE".    This is usually a problem with Type B individuals.  They just tend to process information slower than type A individuals.    Hope this is correctable.
Holy crap are you kidding me?

Nope..  He is completely unaware of the time clock to release the ball and pass rushers looking to strip the ball.  I expect him to get stripped often by Pass Rushers throughout the season unless he learns to make quicker decisions. I might add there also seems to be a problem with reading defenses and understanding there are other receivers other than the primary.

Derrick Ward was wide open .  Instead he threw into Winslow who had three defenders around him.  Hit the open receiver.  Recognize the coverage.
What a joke!

Pocket presence is there, just look at last weeks tape. This week against Miami may be due to crowd noise. I was at the game and that crowd was incredibly loud. My voice is gone from trying to out scream those Fins fans around me.

Away + Loud stadium + Rookie + 2nd start = Jitters

Actually, I didn't notice any jitters and that is a real plus.  Hey, I am very impressed with Freeman so far. I understand perfectly this being his second game and personally I am glad he sat on the bench for the first 7 games.  

The point is in this (ONLY HIS 2nd GAME) he seemed to be very slow in making decisions when he dropped back to pass.
Could be the Dolphin defense confused him and he was trying to figure it out.  I just noticed a lack of instinct  last weekend to making quick decisions. While it can be a real plus in not worrying about the pass rushers and concentrating on the play, there has to be a mental "timer" on getting the play off.

Next week against New Orleans will be  huge test since they are probably playing as good as anyone in the league and their defense will bring pressure.    Just something I noticed from the Packer game to the Dolphin game. Certainly,he was not the reason for the loss and once again made critical plays to take the lead.  

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 17, 2009, 11:59:30 AM

Not a big fan of his slow starts. I think his decision making and ability to read coverage needs to be faster.

To me it feels like he is learning in game. He's unsure what he's seeing at first but as he gets that feel of the defense he gets more comfortable. That's not a smarts thing - in fact the smarts to adjust that quickly is good-  but a rookie thing.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 17, 2009, 12:00:44 PM

The point is in this (ONLY HIS 2nd GAME) he seemed to be very slow in making decisions when he dropped back to pass.
Could be the Dolphin defense confused him and he was trying to figure it out.  I just noticed a lack of instinct  last weekend to making quick decisions. While it can be a real plus in not worrying about the pass rushers and concentrating on the play, there has to be a mental "timer" on getting the play off.

Really there were several plays where I thought "Wow dude, make a decision" but as they showed replays on several of them you realized there's nowhere to go with the flippin' ball. Our WR's are pigs and teams are happy with their lack of speed to play them tight.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 17, 2009, 12:02:55 PM

Really there were several plays where I thought "Wow dude, make a decision" but as they showed replays on several of them you realized there's nowhere to go with the flippin' ball. Our WR's are pigs and teams are happy with their lack of speed to play them tight.

was about to ask about this...could some of his "slow decisions" be attributed to the fact that we dont have open receivers?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whats the worst thing about Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools