Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Season Ticket Holders? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

#15 : November 25, 2009, 10:50:48 AM

a Bucs vs Houston game could NOT be more boring.....   first, theyve played each other every year for the past few years if you include pre-season....  plus, I can't name more than 1 person on Houston, and Im sure Houston fans cant name more than one player on the Bucs.   Its a pathetic game.   Id rather watch thethe FLorida Tuskers for $10 in person and watch the Bucs/Houston game on Tivo.    Half the Tuskers players are former NFL players anyway...  ohhhhhhhh, does that make me less of a fan ?  Shame on me...   Im sorry, when it comes to my money, Im being more careful how I spend it.  When I got 2 season tickets a few years ago, I went balls in...   2 club seats, I bought half a dozen jerseys of my favorite players (NONE of which are on the teams anymore except Ruud), and I pay for the baby sitter, bought concessions at the game...   AND FOR WHAT?    $22,000 later after 3 seasons...   and FOR WHAT?     I would MUCH, MUCH, MUCH rather have that $22,000 grand back than to give it to these owners who spend less on this team than ANY OTHER TEAM in the NFL

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : November 25, 2009, 10:52:56 AM

Evidently, you're a bandwagon jumper if you find ways to get into the stadium for 1/3 of the face value that season ticket holders pay.

How so? If someone goes to the game and can get in for a lesser price, then that's a good deal for them.

I don't know. Maybe when you wrote "I'm in this for the long-term, I don't jump on and off the bandwagon" it insinuated that people who don't buy season tickets are bandwagoneers.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 25, 2009, 10:53:12 AM

plus, I can't name more than 1 person on Houston, and Im sure Houston fans cant name more than one player on the Bucs. � Its a pathetic game.

This explains the entire scenario for me. Thank you.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

SpeedyClaxton

Starter

#18 : November 25, 2009, 10:53:25 AM

If the Glazers hire Cowher or Shanahan I would gladly buy season tickets.

We shut down \\\\\\\" The Vet\\\\\\\" and we opened up Lincoln Financial with a bang!!!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 25, 2009, 10:53:31 AM

Even Texan fans think the Texans are boring.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 25, 2009, 10:56:05 AM

a Bucs vs Houston game could NOT be more boring.....   first, theyve played each other every year for the past few years if you include pre-season....  plus, I can't name more than 1 person on Houston, and Im sure Houston fans cant name more than one player on the Bucs.   Its a pathetic game.   Id rather watch thethe FLorida Tuskers for $10 in person and watch the Bucs/Houston game on Tivo.    Half the Tuskers players are former NFL players anyway... ohhhhhhhh, does that make me less of a fan ?  Shame on me...   Im sorry, when it comes to my money, Im being more careful how I spend it.  When I got 2 season tickets a few years ago, I went balls in...   2 club seats, I bought half a dozen jerseys of my favorite players (NONE of which are on the teams anymore except Ruud), and I pay for the baby sitter, bought concessions at the game...   AND FOR WHAT?    $22,000 later after 3 seasons...   and FOR WHAT?     I would MUCH, MUCH, MUCH rather have that $22,000 grand back than to give it to these owners who spend less on this team than ANY OTHER TEAM in the NFL

Very interesting post.  I think the Texans/Jags vs a good Buc team would be very good games to see, BTW.

I'm embarassed to tell people that I pay $90-100 per ticket to watch NFL football.   Not likely to do much more of that after the NYJ game next month.  Will use the money elsewhere (Rays, Lightning).

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 25, 2009, 10:56:08 AM

Even Texan fans think the Texans are boring.

Dont jump into his madness. Even your better than that. If you 2 do-do's remeber the last games against both Houston and Jacksonville we lost... Oh yeah, with Jon Gruden..

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 25, 2009, 10:59:45 AM

Evidently, you're a bandwagon jumper if you find ways to get into the stadium for 1/3 of the face value that season ticket holders pay.

How so? If someone goes to the game and can get in for a lesser price, then that's a good deal for them.

I don't know. Maybe when you wrote "I'm in this for the long-term, I don't jump on and off the bandwagon" it insinuated that people who don't buy season tickets are bandwagoneers.

Did you see the word "I" in there? Usually, in case you weren't aware of the convention, when "I" write "I" "I" am referring to "me". I don't jump on and off the bandwagon. I'm going to buy my club seat tickets unless something happens that makes it financially non-viable for me to do so. Quality of play on the field is irrelevant to the decision making process in renewing my tickets.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 25, 2009, 11:20:13 AM

Quality of play on the field is irrelevant to the decision making process in renewing my tickets.

The Glazers thank you for that. 

#24 : November 25, 2009, 11:20:26 AM

I agree with Turk, the team's record shouldn't matter...   but the quality of players should.   Its more of the principal that gets me.   Why should it cost my wife and I almost $1,000 a game for two tickets, food and baby sitter for some lousy pre-season game, or to watch the Houston Texans or Jags play the Bucs?  For that price, we could rent a limo and go to Berns Steakhouse every week, and have money left over..   its just doesnt make any sense in its simplist form to pay that much money to get sit in traffic, fight the crowds for a seat in the club area and get sun burned..     especially when the ownership does not acknowledge or appreciate what the fans/season ticket holders are going through...     I might be more inclinde to watch them play live if we had more stars on the team...  our best player is a Tight End...  but for every good player we have, we have 5 lousy ones!

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 25, 2009, 11:23:28 AM

I agree with Turk, the team's record shouldn't matter...   but the quality of players should.   Its more of the principal that gets me.   Why should it cost my wife and I almost $1,000 a game for two tickets, food and baby sitter for some lousy pre-season game, or to watch the Houston Texans or Jags play the Bucs?  For that price, we could rent a limo and go to Berns Steakhouse every week, and have money left over..   its just doesnt make any sense in its simplist form to pay that much money to get sit in traffic, fight the crowds for a seat in the club area and get sun burned..        I might be more inclinde to watch them play live if we had more stars on the team...  our best player is a Tight End...  but for every good player we have, we have 5 lousy ones!

The Texans Jagz thing is so retarded. And I will die, pointing it out.

stufftherun55

Starter

#26 : November 25, 2009, 11:26:18 AM

I am not a season ticket owner.  Have not been since mid-nineties.  I talked with two friends yesterday though who said they would NOT be renewing next year. 

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money"- Patrick Ewing (The best ever)

#27 : November 25, 2009, 11:28:13 AM

Id much rather watch a Bucs pre-season game against New England/Indianapolis/Pittsburgh/Dallas/NY Giants/Philadephia/Arizona/San Diego....    than a regular season game vs  Houston/Jags/Cleveland/Seattle/Buffalo/Miam/St Louis or some other crap team with no legit pro-bowlers...    if you want to pay good money to see medicroty play against medocrity, then buy season tickets for UCF football or something...     better yet, spend $5 on HS football game instead.. 

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 25, 2009, 11:32:07 AM

Id much rather watch a Bucs pre-season game against New England/Indianapolis/Pittsburgh/Dallas/NY Giants/Philadephia/Arizona/San Diego....    than a regular season game vs  Houston/Jags/Cleveland/Seattle/Buffalo/Miam/St Louis or some other crap team with no legit pro-bowlers...    if you want to pay good money to see medicroty play against medocrity, then buy season tickets for UCF football or something...   better yet, spend $5 on HS football game instead..

First off... the Bucs dont pick the schedule. The NFL does.
Second... the 2010 schedule format has not be decided. The current rotation was only approved from 2002 to 2009.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 25, 2009, 11:32:29 AM

Id much rather watch a Bucs pre-season game against New England/Indianapolis/Pittsburgh/Dallas/NY Giants/Philadephia/Arizona/San Diego.... � �than a regular season game vs �Houston/Jags/Cleveland/Seattle/Buffalo/Miam/St Louis or some other crap team with no legit pro-bowlers... � �if you want to pay good money to see medicroty play against medocrity, then guy buy season tickets for UCF football or something... �

I dont watch the game for "legit pro-bowlers".. I watch it to see my boys battle for the W.. And Houston and Jacksonville are worthy opponents.. ANYWAY!! Jacksonville has consistently been a better team than Dallas/Arizona/San Diego, in recent years..

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Season Ticket Holders? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools