Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Season Ticket Holders? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

stufftherun55

Starter

#30 : November 25, 2009, 11:40:39 AM

Id much rather watch a Bucs pre-season game against New England/Indianapolis/Pittsburgh/Dallas/NY Giants/Philadephia/Arizona/San Diego.... � �than a regular season game vs �Houston/Jags/Cleveland/Seattle/Buffalo/Miam/St Louis or some other crap team with no legit pro-bowlers... � �if you want to pay good money to see medicroty play against medocrity, then guy buy season tickets for UCF football or something... �

Jacksonville has consistently been a better team than Dallas/Arizona/San Diego, in recent years..

You are very wrong.  Jacksonville has the worst record when compared with the 3 teams you've mentioned since 2007.  They are 22-20.  Compared with Dallas, 29-13, Arizonia, 24-18 and San Diego, 26-16. 

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money"- Patrick Ewing (The best ever)

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 25, 2009, 11:43:12 AM

Id much rather watch a Bucs pre-season game against New England/Indianapolis/Pittsburgh/Dallas/NY Giants/Philadephia/Arizona/San Diego.... � �than a regular season game vs �Houston/Jags/Cleveland/Seattle/Buffalo/Miam/St Louis or some other crap team with no legit pro-bowlers... � �if you want to pay good money to see medicroty play against medocrity, then guy buy season tickets for UCF football or something... �

Jacksonville has consistently been a better team than Dallas/Arizona/San Diego, in recent years..

You are very wrong.  Jacksonville has the worst record when compared with the 3 teams you've mentioned since 2007.  They are 22-20.  Compared with Dallas, 29-13, Arizonia, 24-18 and San Diego, 26-16. 

Lets look at playoff wins.  And throw out last year. LOL Either way they stack up.. which is the bigger issue.. Mr. Analyzer

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

stufftherun55

Starter

#32 : November 25, 2009, 11:46:26 AM

Lets look at playoff wins. And throw out last year. LOL Either way they stack up.. which is the bigger issue.. Mr. Analyzer

No big issue.  You were just wrong.   

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money"- Patrick Ewing (The best ever)

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 25, 2009, 11:47:17 AM

Lets look at playoff wins. And throw out last year. LOL Either way they stack up.. which is the bigger issue.. Mr. Analyzer

No big issue.  You were just wrong.   

I admit that. But I change the statement to they stack up to those teams.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 25, 2009, 11:49:29 AM

The Glazers thank you for that.  

And they're very welcome.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 25, 2009, 11:57:44 AM

Absolutely WILL renew. Never a doubt at all. I like the direction the team is taking: cut loose the old, build on youth, draft a franchise-type QB, find the mistakes and correct them. I'm in this for the long-term, I don't jump on and off the bandwagon. We've suffered through more than half a decade without a playoff victory and I renewed my tickets every season anyway, so there's no reason not to now.

Ditto!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 25, 2009, 12:03:43 PM

Hilarious. 

Being a winning team, but not winning a playoff game = bad. 

Going 1-15 and being an absolute debacle, but drafting a potential franchise QB = good.

oh the thought process

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 25, 2009, 12:38:46 PM

Going 1-15 and being an absolute debacle, but drafting a potential franchise QB = good.

Trying to craft a long-term future for this team, versus a patchwork hodgepodge and inconsistency, is a good thing. Unfortunately, most fans won't put up with the process.

JC510

Practice Squad

#38 : November 25, 2009, 12:48:45 PM

there is no logical reason to pay face value for season tickets when you can get them 30-50% cheaper on the online outlets. 

That works when the team is 1-9. What happens the team gets good again?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 25, 2009, 12:50:06 PM

Trying to craft a long-term future for this team, versus a patchwork hodgepodge and inconsistency, is a good thing. Unfortunately, most fans won't put up with the process.

What exactly are we building? We've fired both coordinators. The offense looks like a Gruden copy-cat. The defense is going back to the same system that failed us last year.

I dont see any rebuilding going on. I see a team that's getting increasingly desperate and is grasping at straws.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#40 : November 25, 2009, 01:02:55 PM

What exactly are we building? We've fired both coordinators. The offense looks like a Gruden copy-cat. The defense is going back to the same system that failed us last year.

I dont see any rebuilding going on. I see a team that's getting increasingly desperate and is grasping at straws.

Ditto

#41 : November 25, 2009, 01:12:39 PM

this debate about Jacksonville and Houston is just silly.   Theyre boring teams to watch, just like the Bucs are boring to ANYONE outside of Tampa or isnt from Tampa.  Ask all of your friends that play fantasy football and find out how many Buccaneers land on fantasy teams.   Im not saying that should be the criteria for a good team, but it does mean something.  It means our players are pretty lousy for the most part.     I had our franchise WR (Bryant) and a 1,000 rusher (Ward) on my fantasy team to start the year...  they were booted of by Week 4.   The point is, there are certain teams that are just not interesting to watch.

I always want the Bucs to win, they are my team, but Id much rather see some well known players on the field as well...     I don care about developing young, mediocre 5th rounders on our team...   thats not why I pay a lot of money for tickets.   there are blogs and websites to follow that stuff...

Madman

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 25, 2009, 01:18:42 PM

Me and my club tickets will evaluate the situation at the end of the season. 

ilovebeer

Starter

#43 : November 25, 2009, 01:22:26 PM

How is Houston boring to watch?  This is especially ironic coming from Buc fans as we are easily one of the more boring teams in the league.  Houston actually has players that are towards the top of the league in their positions.  Demeco Ryans is a hell of a LBer, Andre Johnson is just as good as any WR in the game, and  Mario Williams is a stud DE.  

#44 : November 25, 2009, 01:23:11 PM

agreed.  this is Houston's best year to date. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Season Ticket Holders? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools