Home Forums The Red Board Am I a horrible fan?

This topic contains 140 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous November 24, 2015 at 8:31 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 141 total)

Am I a horrible fan?

• Ramonb
    Participant
    Ramonb

For feeling bad because this win likely buys Lovie more time?  Part of me, a big part, wanted us to lose in order to expedite Lovie’s demise only because I feel that’s what’s in the teams best interest long term.  It’s weird, I want to watch Winston do well and grow, yet at the same time, I want us to lose so Lovie can get fired…it’s awful.  Is anyone else in the same boat?

Anonymous
    Anonymous

For feeling bad because this win likely buys Lovie more time?  Part of me, a big part, wanted us to lose in order to expedite Lovie's demise only because I feel that's what's in the teams best interest long term.  It's weird, I want to watch Winston do well and grow, yet at the same time, I want us to lose so Lovie can get fired...it's awful.  Is anyone else in the same boat?

Yes, that makes you a horrible fan.  We're 4 and 5 after a 2-14 season and the defense has been improving lately.  It looks like we might be turning it around but you've already made up your mind that Lovie needs to be fired so you can't enjoy it.  Maybe you were too impatient and Lovie actually knows what he's doing?

Anonymous
    Anonymous

I think we make the playoffs next year

Anonymous
    Anonymous

Lovie is slowly adapting. -Didn't run out the clock before halftime-Benching bad players (It seemed like Gerald McCoy sat out more snaps than usual)-Played some press man-Creative blitzes

mike25315
    Participant
    mike25315

For feeling bad because this win likely buys Lovie more time?  Part of me, a big part, wanted us to lose in order to expedite Lovie's demise only because I feel that's what's in the teams best interest long term.  It's weird, I want to watch Winston do well and grow, yet at the same time, I want us to lose so Lovie can get fired...it's awful.  Is anyone else in the same boat?

Any fan that wants his team to lose is not really a fan at all. You're just a fan of your own agenda. Yes there are a few more of you arse holes and all of you are sickening.. 

Anonymous
    Anonymous

Yes, that makes you a horrible fan.  We’re 4 and 5 after a 2-14 season and the defense has been improving lately.  It looks like we might be turning it around but you’ve already made up your mind that Lovie needs to be fired so you can’t enjoy it.  Maybe you were too impatient and Lovie actually knows what he’s doing?

just because we stopped a Tony Romo-less Dallas team does NOT mean "we might be turning it around".

Anonymous
    Anonymous

I love winning more than being right about a bad coaching hire. I still think Loser Lovie is awful. But if he starts winning and proving me wrong I’m ok with that as I hate losing.

Anonymous
    Anonymous

Not to mention we BARELY won against a decimated Dallas team.This team is still pitiful in too many areas.

Anonymous
    Anonymous

Part of me agrees. Another part of me says to let him get a defensive draft. He has put a lot of his assets (money and draft picks) towards offense. I am not 100% against him coming back and getting a little time to build a defense. He had a hell of a defense in Chicago. Also not a hundred percent against letting him go at the end of the season. I think he still has time to sway me either way.

Anonymous
    Anonymous

You can spin it anyway you want, but we beat a scrub team on a 6 game losing streak today.I'd  rather see how much improvement there is when we play carolina again.

Anonymous
    Anonymous

Not to mention we BARELY won against a decimated Dallas team.This team is still pitiful in too many areas.

Yeah, because our Bucs were playing at "full strength" without their #2 wr, #3 wr, starting TE, and starting RG. Sorry, but as much as i want them to succeed, Cameron Brate, Dontae Dye, and Adam Humphries are bot exactly striking fear in the hearts of any defense. Don't start with the "decimated" label without looking at the home team first. Our defense held the "Boys" without a touchdown. Maybe not the Romo-led Cowboys, but they still put an All-Pro receiver, HOF TE, top end RB, the best O-line in football, and a competent backup on the field. Our offense, led by a rookie QB, with a limited running game and three "walk-ons" at starting skill positions, put up enough points to winwith a gritty final minute TD.For the love of Pete, I get that this wasn't a pretty one, but at least try to see the freaking positives, here.

Anonymous
    Anonymous

That Cassel-led Dallas team lost their last 3 games to Philadelphia, Seattle, and New York by a combined 14 points.I don't think we should feel bad about beating them by 4. That was a game I've seen us lose too many times over the last few years. Whether it be failing in the endzone or allowing the last second TD. Improvement.

Anonymous
    Anonymous

Lovie is slowly adapting. -Didn't run out the clock before halftime-Benching bad players (It seemed like Gerald McCoy sat out more snaps than usual)-Played some press man-Creative blitzes

I agree that he is slowly adapting in many phases of game management which is encouraging, but I can't tell you how many times I saw us put two LBs in the A gaps just to have one blitz and the other drop in coverage. The same thing time and time again and we mainly got away with it because we were up against Cassel. I am seeing improvement but stuff like that will get us killed against higher quality QBs.

Anonymous
    Anonymous

It’s amazing to me.  It’s like a dog and an owner in which the owner continually beats the dog, beats the dog, beats the dog.  Then every once in awhile the owner just has to give the dog a tiny treat and it’s all better.  That’s not me, I don’t forget how bad and useless Lovie is just because we won today, and no I don’t think “he’s figuring it out” we barely….BARELY, won a game against a team that has lost 8 straight games and without 2 of its best players….no, a teeny tiny treat won’t satisfy me.

ramski
    Participant
    ramski

We’re improving and I’m tired of losing and being an embarrassed Bucs fan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2016 PewterReport.com All Rights reserved. Tampa Web Design | Visual Realm